homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums

my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums   » Other Geeky Stuff   » Ask a Geek!   » Anyone getting an iPhone 3G Sssss?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Anyone getting an iPhone 3G Sssss?
Snaggy

Sir Snaggalot!
Member # 123

Member Rated:
Icon 3 posted June 19, 2009 09:32      Profile for Snaggy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The fanboy in me is tempted, but I want to be sure the camera is much better, so I'm waiting for a number of comparison shots to pop up.

I'd also have to get a real job so I can pay for it. [Razz]

Posts: 8111 | From: Canada | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
Richard Wolf VI
SuperBlabberMouth!
Member # 4993

Icon 10 posted June 19, 2009 10:08      Profile for Richard Wolf VI   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, reviews on the camera have been greatly positive, there are also some test shots in YouTube.

--------------------
The same old iWanToUseaMac... Who am I fooling? I'm getting a Wii now, iWanToUseaMac isn't :P
Get Opera. The best web experience.
Contest. Group. Success.

Posts: 1356 | From: Bogotá, Colombia | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged
Snaggy

Sir Snaggalot!
Member # 123

Member Rated:
Icon 3 posted June 19, 2009 11:27      Profile for Snaggy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Mmmmm, Snoopy's Diner (via Andy Ihnatko)

video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zuzuGM1gDig

still pictures:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/andyi/sets/72157619833958006/

Posts: 8111 | From: Canada | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
TheMoMan
BlabberMouth, a Blabber Odyssey
Member # 1659

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted June 19, 2009 11:27      Profile for TheMoMan         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
______________________ Snaggy __________________

____ I have been looking, but I like you am setting on the fence. Besides I am still locked in at Alltell and am trying to find out if I can get out that contract once our area changes over to Verizon I am loath to do business with them. I also have been looking at Sprint, and their smart phone, but again I am worried about feature bloat and will it work in the woods?

--------------------
Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.

Benjamin Franklin,

Posts: 5848 | From: Just South of the Huron National Forest, in the water shed of the Rifle River | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged
Grummash

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 4289

Icon 1 posted June 19, 2009 13:59      Profile for Grummash     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I might get one, but it won't be until October when my contract runs out. It might not be a big jump for those with an iPhone 3G, but I think will be a leap forward compared to my original iPhone.

--------------------
...and yet, across the gulf of space, minds immeasurably superior to ours regarded this earth with envious eyes...

Posts: 2335 | From: Lancashire,UK | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged
Serenak

Member # 2950

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted June 20, 2009 03:21      Profile for Serenak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I would quite like one…

but here in the UK O2 have decided not to allow inside contract upgrades this time (last time I jumped from iPhone to iPhone 3G just by opening a new contract... then again I paid for my iPhone, but the iPhone 3G was subsidised by O2)

So long and short of it I won't be seeing any 3GS hardware in my house until November (my wife) and early next year for me...

Then again I am not heartbroken - it looks like the new hardware has some nice features but nothing that I feel I really *must* have (I barely use the camera so that isn't critical, not having a magnetometer hardly bothers me, not being able to use voice dialling doesn't bother me one iota).

Of course I'd like the extra RAM and the more powerful processor and all the rest, so I expect I will probably get one eventually (then again if I have to wait into February next year I might be better off holding on to my 3G until whatever comes after the 3GS is released in 2010...)

ADDENDUM

Whist I don't have any great desire to use tethering I think it is a nice feature... but here in the UK O2 are demanding that you have a £15 a month "Bolt On" to use it!

Bloody hell, considering the iPhone contract allows "unlimited" internet usage (subject to fair usage policies) you'd think they'd let you have a little bit of tethering bunged in there for free - I mean at £15 a month I could (and would probably be better off getting) a basic "mobile broadband" deal... the amount I would want to use tethering would be tiny - perhaps at the MUG where getting on the conference hall's internet connection is a PITA - and I am certainly not prepared to pay £15 a month for the half an hour or so I might want to use it so thanks to O2's nickel and diming that feature is rendered totally useless to me! [Frown]

--------------------
"So if you want my address - it's No. 1 at the end of the bar, where I sit with the broken angels, clutching at straws and nursing my scars..."

Posts: 1937 | From: Suffolk England | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged

All times are Eastern Time  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

© 2015 Geek Culture