homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums

my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums   » Other Geeky Stuff   » Ask a Geek!   » When was the last time you...

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: When was the last time you...
fs

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan!
Member # 1181

Icon 1 posted May 15, 2009 12:21      Profile for fs   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
updated your GeekCulture profile?

Is your homepage up-to-date? Have you jumped on the Twitter bandwagon? Not logged in to AIM in a year? Has your sig lost its relevance?

I updated mine just today. Little bit of digital spring cleaning. Easier than decrufting my hard drive. Yes, I really do need all those texts on boll weevils from the 1830s that I downloaded from Internet Archive.

--------------------
I'm in ur database, makin' moar recordz.

Posts: 1973 | From: The Cat Ship | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
Xanthine

Member # 736

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted May 15, 2009 13:20      Profile for Xanthine     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I changed my occupation from student to post-doc. Nothing elsein there has really changed...

--------------------
And it's one, two, three / On the wrong side of the lee / What were you meant for? / What were you meant for?
- The Decemberists

Posts: 7670 | From: the lab | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
CommanderShroom
BlabberMouth, a Blabber Odyssey
Member # 2097

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted May 15, 2009 13:58      Profile for CommanderShroom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This morning.

--------------------
Does he know our big secret?
Has one of us confessed?
'Bout the wires circuits and motors
Buried in our chest

Posts: 2465 | From: Utarrrrggggghhh!!!!!!!! | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged
GrumpySteen

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan
Member # 170

Icon 1 posted May 15, 2009 14:14      Profile for GrumpySteen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
fs wrote:
Has your sig lost its relevance?

Nope. For better or worse, my sig is still completely accurate.

--------------------
Worst. Celibate. Ever.

Posts: 6364 | From: Tennessee | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
Stibbons
SuperBlabberMouth!
Member # 2515

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted May 15, 2009 16:04      Profile for Stibbons   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think I last changed things when I changed my job to the current one - August perhaps? Or when the Twitter thing game in, whichever was most recent.
Posts: 1143 | From: UK | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged
Spiderman

Solid Nitrozanium Superfan!
Member # 1609

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted May 15, 2009 22:43      Profile for Spiderman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I hadn't updated mine in...a very very long time. Most of it is still relevant, though my occupation was in need of a few slight revisions.

Come to think of it, I haven't posted here in quite some time either...May 5th, 2008 to be exact!

Hey everyone [Cool]

--------------------
Math problems? Call 1-800-[(10x)(13i)^2]-[sin(xy)/2.362x]

Posts: 846 | From: Chicago | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged
Ugh, MightyClub
BlabberMouth, the Next Generation
Member # 3112

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted May 18, 2009 18:00      Profile for Ugh, MightyClub     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Um, today! Yeah, just this moment.

Before that... erm... August 2006. It was all still accurate, but it's nice to keep it fresh.

--------------------
Ugh!

Posts: 1742 | From: Ithaca, NY | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged
garlicguy

Member # 3166

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted May 18, 2009 19:20      Profile for garlicguy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Great question, fs. How about photo updates? I hadn't seen Xanthine's addition until today. And of course most folks haven't ever put up a photo for Snaggy to include.

fs: I could not recall your former handle. Were you once known as SupportGoddess?

Also, looking thru the photos I was reminded of Taco. An occasional prayer in the direction of his soul cannot hurt...whaddya think?

gg

--------------------
I don't know what I was thinking... it seemed like a good idea at the time.

Posts: 3752 | From: Pluto, no matter what you call it, is still my home. | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged
Xanthine

Member # 736

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted May 18, 2009 20:33      Profile for Xanthine     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Good to have you back, gg. [Smile]

--------------------
And it's one, two, three / On the wrong side of the lee / What were you meant for? / What were you meant for?
- The Decemberists

Posts: 7670 | From: the lab | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
garlicguy

Member # 3166

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted May 19, 2009 08:00      Profile for garlicguy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Spiderman:

Come to think of it, I haven't posted here in quite some time either...May 5th, 2008 to be exact!

Hey everyone [Cool]

Hey yerself, Spidey. Nice to see your avatar again.
Posts: 3752 | From: Pluto, no matter what you call it, is still my home. | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged
MacManKrisK

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 955

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted May 19, 2009 09:29      Profile for MacManKrisK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Uhm... I just updated my profile about 30 seconds ago. [Big Grin]

But before that, it looks like it's been years...

--------------------
"Buy low, sell high
get rich and you still die"

Posts: 2331 | From: Southwest Michigan, USA | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Ugh, MightyClub
BlabberMouth, the Next Generation
Member # 3112

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted May 19, 2009 11:28      Profile for Ugh, MightyClub     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Say, Shroomy, please tell me your vehicle was not in motion when your profile pic was snapped. Sheesh, remind me never to take driving tips from you or MMKK [Big Grin]

--------------------
Ugh!

Posts: 1742 | From: Ithaca, NY | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged
CommanderShroom
Member # 2097

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted May 19, 2009 11:39      Profile for CommanderShroom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Heh, considering that was a dead end road, I might not be here if I was.

I was going somewhere and my youngest (then about 6 or so) wanted to play with my camera. And I liked the picture, so I kept it.

--------------------
Does he know our big secret?
Has one of us confessed?
'Bout the wires circuits and motors
Buried in our chest

Posts: 2465 | From: Utarrrrggggghhh!!!!!!!! | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged
HalfVast

Member # 3187

Icon 1 posted May 19, 2009 17:33      Profile for HalfVast     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ok, added my interests and changed the sig. I
put a link back to some photos a couple of weeks
ago. Blah. Kind of boring that I have nothing new to add.
I looked but couldn't find the "Got an excellent
girlfriend" checkbox, but I got that. [Big Grin]

Posts: 795 | From: In the mitten around the abductor pollicis brevis. | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged
geekygoddess
Highlie
Member # 15702

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted May 19, 2009 18:20      Profile for geekygoddess     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Darn, when I first read this I thought it was a topic about "bowling"...

Anyway, I tried to update my stats, but nothing has changed..I still like all the same stuff I did a year ago...I can't put my pic up there because I seem to have issues with "creepies" stalking me... [Smile]

--------------------
"It is better to press ones shirt, than ones luck"- Confucius

Posts: 661 | From: Edinburgh, United Kingdom | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged
garlicguy

Member # 3166

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted May 19, 2009 19:53      Profile for garlicguy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Xanthine:
Good to have you back, gg. [Smile]

Thanks, Xanth!

geekygoddess: Who you callin' creepy?

Ooops. [blush]

gg [evil]

--------------------
I don't know what I was thinking... it seemed like a good idea at the time.

The Famous Druid

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 1769

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted May 19, 2009 21:01      Profile for The Famous Druid     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
btw geekygoddess, you really should clean out your fridge, that milk has gone off.

--------------------
If you watch 'The History Of NASA' backwards, it's about a space agency that has no manned spaceflight capability, then does low-orbit flights, then lands on the Moon.

Posts: 10680 | From: Melbourne, Australia | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
Spiderman

Solid Nitrozanium Superfan!
Member # 1609

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted May 19, 2009 21:07      Profile for Spiderman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Good to see you too, GG. It's been far too long. Life has taken over most of my Internet time...I'm trying to reclaim some of it though.

*goes back to reclaiming 'Internet time' by wasting as much time as possible on StumbleUpon*

--------------------
Math problems? Call 1-800-[(10x)(13i)^2]-[sin(xy)/2.362x]

Posts: 846 | From: Chicago | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged
davor
Mini Geek
Member # 3073

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted May 24, 2009 12:13      Profile for davor   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
1. Hadn't updated my profile page on here in ages as I think there is no need to.

2. I try to keep my blog updated. I am not blogging that much but blog when I have stuff to write about.

3. Yea, I am on Twitter: http://twitter.com/davortech

4. Ummm, my sig is actually my name so...

--------------------
Davor

http://davortech.wordpress.com

Posts: 51 | From: europe | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged
TheMoMan
Member # 1659

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted May 25, 2009 02:36      Profile for TheMoMan         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
________________________ fs______________

Mine seems to be dynamic,

--------------------
Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.

Benjamin Franklin,

Posts: 5848 | From: Just South of the Huron National Forest, in the water shed of the Rifle River | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged

All times are Eastern Time  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

2015 Geek Culture