homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums

my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums   » Other Geeky Stuff   » Ask a Geek!   » I apologize

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: I apologize
tugguy19
Maximum Newbie
Member # 20132

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted December 03, 2008 07:14      Profile for tugguy19     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Let me apologize for any misunderstanding concerning this site. I honestly did think it was a question answer type site and my intention was not to get everyone riled up. I dont think I was being aggressive as someone mentioned, maybe a bit sarcastic, but not aggressive.I wasn't the one who dropped the "F" bomb.
Anyway, I apologize to SKY for my response and to anyone else I may have offended.
I truly hope you all have a wonderfull holiday season, and thanks for the advice on where I should begin my searches for simple questions.
I hope no hard feelings.

TheMoMan
BlabberMouth, a Blabber Odyssey
Member # 1659

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted December 03, 2008 07:35      Profile for TheMoMan         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
__________________ tugguy19 __ Glad to see you changed your sig. file.

Now a quick run down.

We have people that work in IT for Governments.

We have people that work in IT for financial Int.

We have people that work in IT for Health providers

We have people that work used to work in the auto. Ind.

We have students working on advanced degrees.

We have some high school students.

We have old retired farts that have mellowed some in the last few years, three years ago I would have taken you head off,,,,,,

We are very diverse here so please join and we will enjoy your company.

Also below each thread is an icon that says post reply it keeps thoughts in the same thread instead of starting new ones.

POOP have I mellowed that much as to welcome a new-bee?

--------------------
Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.

Benjamin Franklin,

Posts: 5836 | From: Just South of the Huron National Forest, in the water shed of the Rifle River | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged
CommanderShroom
Member # 2097

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted December 03, 2008 07:56      Profile for CommanderShroom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'll agree with MoMan here. Thank you for the tune change.

You may wish to prowl around about.com . They really are not an in-depth site, but may be able to give you some working knowledge on some of your questions. I also would advise you to spend some time working with some people that do this stuff for a living that you are friends with. Sometimes you learn a lot from the true back and forth from a good conversation.

That said, if you run into something that searching google, yahoo or even about.com doesn't help you with, please come on over and ask in an open and clear fashion what you need.

Plus, while you may not be looking for a best bud, pen pal, you can be cordial and perhaps join in on a conversation or two. This gives us at least the sense that you may wish to be a member and not just a taker.

I think it is safe to assume you are not a tech expert, but maybe you have some life knowledge that can be useful in another area.

Posts: 2463 | From: Utarrrrggggghhh!!!!!!!! | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged
tugguy19
Maximum Newbie
Member # 20132

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted December 03, 2008 07:57      Profile for tugguy19     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I too have mellowed over the years, or this Irish hothead would have spent hours replying to replys, and just making matters worse. With age comes wisdom, I guess. Thanks for the tip on the address in my profile, didnt even know it was there.(newbie)
Ok, a bit about me, I am a merchant seaman, have been for 35 years, married with 3 beautiful daughters. I know how to start a computer but that is about it, but I will check out other options before asking any stupid questions, I promise.
Thanks for the reply, hopefully we'll talk again

skylar
BlabberMouth, the Next Generation
Member # 1422

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted December 03, 2008 07:58      Profile for skylar     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Funnily enough, I read your apology before I was aware of the cause of it!

I meant what I said - it really would be great if you decided you wanted to stick around and get to know people here. By making a friendly suggestion, I was hoping to facilitate this process for you, so that you wouldn't incur the wrath of other members. I also wanted to set you in the right direction for dealing with other computer problems which will come up in the future.

I hope you can now see that I had good intentions, which didn't warrant a rude response.

So, that being said, apology accepted. Let's leave it at that, and I hope you have fun around the boards.

Posts: 1994 | From: Deutschland | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged
tugguy19
Maximum Newbie
Member # 20132

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted December 03, 2008 08:01      Profile for tugguy19     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks Skylar, I now know why you had so many people coming to your defense. Have a great day
maximile

SuperFan!
Member # 3446

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted December 03, 2008 08:10      Profile for maximile   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
[Happytears]
Posts: 1085 | From: London, UK (Powys, UK in hols) | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged
Xanthine

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan!
Member # 736

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted December 03, 2008 10:51      Profile for Xanthine     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by TheMoMan:

We have old retired farts that have mellowed some in the last few years, three years ago I would have taken you head off,,,,,,

/me scratches head
Dude, I've been here longer than you have and I've never seen you blow your stack at anyone who didn't deserve it at least twice over.

--------------------
And it's one, two, three / On the wrong side of the lee / What were you meant for? / What were you meant for?
- The Decemberists

Posts: 7670 | From: the lab | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
TheMoMan
Member # 1659

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted December 03, 2008 14:20      Profile for TheMoMan         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
______________ Xanthine __ I had some Apprentices that would beg to differ with you. However I only jumped down someones throat if they endangered themselves or others. On one occasion I Da#$ ripped of the head of a fellow Die Maker, he did an insanely dangerous thing at a drill press that ended up throwing a huge die ring through the Tool Room, I and two others narrowly escaped by jumping because the man looking that way started to jump. We were looking the other way and jumped because Brian did. That must have been war reflexes.

--------------------
Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.

Benjamin Franklin,

Posts: 5836 | From: Just South of the Huron National Forest, in the water shed of the Rifle River | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged

All times are Eastern Time  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

2015 Geek Culture