homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums

my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums   » Other Geeky Stuff   » Ask a Geek!   » Shaggy are you and Nitro OK?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Shaggy are you and Nitro OK?
TheMoMan
BlabberMouth, a Blabber Odyssey
Member # 1659

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted August 28, 2008 07:46      Profile for TheMoMan         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
___________________________ Snaggy _ I just heard the news, that VC Island just shook from an EarthQuake. Strange that I heard it from ships at sea not the normal news sources. Maritime Mobile Service Net, or The Intercon Net on 14.3 Mhz out of Florida.

--------------------
Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.

Benjamin Franklin,

Posts: 5848 | From: Just South of the Huron National Forest, in the water shed of the Rifle River | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged
Snaggy

Sir Snaggalot!
Member # 123

Member Rated:
Icon 3 posted August 28, 2008 08:08      Profile for Snaggy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
A magnitude-6.1 earthquake shook the ocean floor off the west coast of Vancouver Island, 191 kilometres west of Port Alice, B.C., early Thursday.

We're good, thanks for asking. [Smile]
Nope didn't notice anything. [ohwell]

Posts: 8111 | From: Canada | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
tweety
Assimilated
Member # 3890

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted August 28, 2008 08:56      Profile for tweety   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Good to hear all is well!

Don't know if all that geologic activity on the West Coast is a good thing or not. I suppose with the pressure releasing it would be good. But, not knowing much about plate tectonics I have no idea if the earlier CA quake and this new one released pressure, or just acted to increase pressure somewhere else.

--------------------
If I were a good man I'd talk to you more often than I do.
American Fairy Tales
IT, A Philosophy

Posts: 454 | From: IL | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged
GMx

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan!
Member # 1523

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted August 28, 2008 10:44      Profile for GMx     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Of course, the special systems built into the Nitrocave prevents them being affected by earthquakes. [Big Grin]

Heh, heh, he called you Shaggy, everyone take a drink. [Wink]

Posts: 5848 | From: S-4, Area 51 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged
TheMoMan
BlabberMouth, a Blabber Odyssey
Member # 1659

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted August 28, 2008 11:34      Profile for TheMoMan         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
_____________________ GMx ___________ Sounds good enough reason for me. Just a small typo.

Back in the days of wooden ships and sail, if you got through a storm. The quartermaster would order an extra cup of rum for every one to (Splice the Main Brace) seems to me that after an Earthquake one would need the extra Rum. "To Splice The Main Brace." Now where did I put that 151.

--------------------
Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.

Benjamin Franklin,

Posts: 5848 | From: Just South of the Huron National Forest, in the water shed of the Rifle River | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged

All times are Eastern Time  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

2015 Geek Culture