homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums

my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums   » Other Geeky Stuff   » Ask a Geek!   » IPX/SPX and Vista

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: IPX/SPX and Vista
The real Stealth
Geek
Member # 4615

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted August 19, 2008 01:15      Profile for The real Stealth   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So my Girlfriends brother gave me the Diablo battlechest and I installed it on my old POS laptop. My girlfriend wondered if there was anyway she could join me from hers so I copied the D1 disk (it is not copy protected) and installed the WinXP NWLink IPX/SPX driver on my laptop talked her through doing it on her new one and found out that low and behold... Vista does not have or support NWLink or Novell IPX/SPX Drivers as Microsoft has deemed them to be Legacy tried forcing my XP driver in but it says the module is missing. Does anyone know of an IPX/SPX driver for Windows Vista (mabey from a Novell Netware Client Disk or something?

I just cant find one and dont know where to look on Novell's Site.

If I cant get this to work then I will just tell her to get her own copy of D2:LoD so we can play.

--------------------
The one and only "§†eal†h the Fallen One"...Between Your life And mine are Three realities, Yours, The real one, and Mine. They they form a bridge shapped in the letters D-O-_-N-O-T-_-C-R-O-S-S.

Posts: 141 | From: Battle Creek, MI | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged

All times are Eastern Time  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

© 2015 Geek Culture