homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums

my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums   » Other Geeky Stuff   » Ask a Geek!   » Could maybe someone with iPhone 3G answer a question or two?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Could maybe someone with iPhone 3G answer a question or two?
stringlion
Mini Geek
Member # 4767

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted July 20, 2008 22:00      Profile for stringlion     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I really want an iPhone but my parents are against it because of the high service cost. However, I knew with the old iPhone you could remove the data plan from it, saving you money. My question is, could you, if you wanted to, remove the 3G data plan, or all of the data from your service, and save you up to $30 a month?
Posts: 94 | From: NYS, US | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged
Snaggy

Sir Snaggalot!
Member # 123

Member Rated:
Icon 3 posted July 20, 2008 23:34      Profile for Snaggy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes, you can, but you have to haggle the staff at Rogers to actually sell you a plan without data.

Then you have to keep phoning Rogers Service and have them disable 3G and edge on your account, or you will probably face the occasional data charge.

A number of threads over on ehmac.ca have dealt with this...

in particular...

http://www.ehmac.ca/ipod-itunes-iphone-apple-tv/66984-dataless-iphone-plan-possible-survive-not.html

It's what I plan to do if, one day, I get an iPhone, at least until the charges come down to Earth.

Posts: 8111 | From: Canada | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
stringlion
Mini Geek
Member # 4767

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted July 26, 2008 20:39      Profile for stringlion     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
does AT&T allow voice-only iPhone plans like they used to?
Posts: 94 | From: NYS, US | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged

All times are Eastern Time  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

2015 Geek Culture