homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums

my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums   » Other Geeky Stuff   » Ask a Geek!   » Question about hard drive space

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Question about hard drive space
Moi
Mini Geek
Member # 4980

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted January 27, 2008 13:39      Profile for Moi     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have a question about my hard drive. When I go into My Computer and check how used up my hard drive (C:) is, it says that I am using 50 some GB. However, I have no idea where a lot of this is getting used up. Is there anyway for me to see a listing of where it is all going? Any special programs that do this or anything? Thanks for any help. [Smile]
TheMoMan
BlabberMouth, a Blabber Odyssey
Member # 1659

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted January 27, 2008 14:28      Profile for TheMoMan         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
_________________________ Well if you are using a newer Compaq part of that is in a partion for reboot, Yup hold down f11 during boot and you can reset to first time startup (WARNING WARNING) every thing you had on the hard drive goes away. Other brands I dunno,

--------------------
Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.

Benjamin Franklin,

Posts: 5848 | From: Just South of the Huron National Forest, in the water shed of the Rifle River | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged
GrumpySteen

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan
Member # 170

Icon 1 posted January 27, 2008 15:45      Profile for GrumpySteen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Assuming you're on a windows machine (and your other posts lend credence to that assumption)...

http://windirstat.info/

--------------------
Worst. Celibate. Ever.

Posts: 6364 | From: Tennessee | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
Moi
Mini Geek
Member # 4980

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted January 27, 2008 21:07      Profile for Moi     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Steen:
Assuming you're on a windows machine (and your other posts lend credence to that assumption)...

http://windirstat.info/

Good memory. Sorry for not mentioning that. And thanks for the link.

All times are Eastern Time  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

2015 Geek Culture