homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums

my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums   » Other Geeky Stuff   » Ask a Geek!   » 2 GIG MicroSD for RAZR copy write protected

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: 2 GIG MicroSD for RAZR copy write protected
donbunny
Single Celled Newbie
Member # 10288

Rate Member
Icon 4 posted August 20, 2007 21:10      Profile for donbunny         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have a motorola RAZR v3m .I decided i wanted more memory so i bought a SANDISK 2GIG MicroSD card.I installed it in the phone,(everything seemed ok).I wanted to put some photos on the card so i took it out and put it in my card reader and connect it to my computer,(everything seemed ok).Note:the phone had install two files, (mobile and motorola)on the card.I opened the files i want to install and found that i couldnt because the card is copy write protected.I can transfer the folders to my computer but i cannot add anything to the card.I cannot delete,add anything or even format the card on computer,but i am able to do anthing i want with it in the phone within the limitation of the phone.Does anyone knows how to remove the copy write protection from this card.Let me know. Thanks
Posts: 2 | From: FLORIDA | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged
Ashitaka

SuperFan!
Member # 4924

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted August 21, 2007 02:59      Profile for Ashitaka     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have a Motorola RAZR v3m. I made a decision. I wanted more memory so I bought a SANDISK 2GIG MicroSD card. I installed it in the phone and everything seemed ok. I wanted to put some photos on the card so I took it out and put it in my card reader and then connect it to my computer. Everything seemed ok. Note: the phone had two files installed on the card (mobile and motorola). I opened the files I wanted to install and found that I couldn’t install these files because the card is copy write protected. I can transfer the folders to my computer but I cannot add anything to the card. I cannot delete or add anything and I cannot even format the card on a computer. I am able to do anything I want with it when it is in the phone, within the limitations of the phone. Does anyone know how to remove the copy write protection from this card? Let me know. Thanks

--------------------
"If they're not gonna make a distinction between Muslims and violent extremists, then why should I take the time to distinguish between decent, fearful white people and racists?"

-Assif Mandvi

Posts: 3089 | From: Switzerland | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged
Rhonwyyn

Solid Gold SuperFan!
Member # 2854

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted August 21, 2007 04:39      Profile for Rhonwyyn   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Is there a little slider thing on the side of your card? I have a small memory card in the camera I use for work, and there's a slider on the side of it that locks/unlocks the card. It's somewhat reminiscent of the locks on 3.5" floppy disks.

--------------------
Change the way you SEE, not the way you LOOK!

Posts: 3849 | From: Lancaster, PA | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged
donbunny
Single Celled Newbie
Member # 10288

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted August 21, 2007 15:04      Profile for donbunny         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There is no slider on the side to lock or unlock the card. Thanks for the help.
Posts: 2 | From: FLORIDA | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged
csk

Member # 1941

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted August 21, 2007 23:29      Profile for csk     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Doesn't the RAZR have a mini USB connection on the phone itself? I was successfully able to write to the card via the phone on my girlfriend's V3i, that might be worth a try...

--------------------
6 weeks to go!

Posts: 4455 | From: Sydney, Australia | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Black Widow
Uber Geek
Member # 3046

Icon 1 posted August 22, 2007 06:22      Profile for Black Widow     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Why is Ash's response merely a better written version of donbunny's post? [Confused] Is this some sort of sarcasm I'm missing?
Posts: 931 | From: Missouri | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged
Ashitaka

SuperFan!
Member # 4924

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted August 22, 2007 06:34      Profile for Ashitaka     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Black Widow:
Why is Ash's response merely a better written version of donbunny's post? [Confused] Is this some sort of sarcasm I'm missing?

No sarcasm or insult was intended. I copied it into a post a reply box and right clicked spelling and grammer. made a couple long sentances two and reposted so it would be easier to read.

--------------------
"If they're not gonna make a distinction between Muslims and violent extremists, then why should I take the time to distinguish between decent, fearful white people and racists?"

-Assif Mandvi

Posts: 3089 | From: Switzerland | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged
Sxeptomaniac

Member # 3698

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted August 22, 2007 10:50      Profile for Sxeptomaniac   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by donbunny:
There is no slider on the side to lock or unlock the card. Thanks for the help.

I have a miniSD card, and there isn't a slider on the card itself, but there is one on the adapter that comes with the card that allows me to insert it into a standard SD slot.

--------------------
Let's pray that the human race never escapes from Earth to spread its iniquity elsewhere. - C. S. Lewis

Posts: 1590 | From: Fresno, CA | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged
Michael (slowmike) Lee
Single Celled Newbie
Member # 10898

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted September 04, 2007 15:49      Profile for Michael (slowmike) Lee   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Try putting the files you want on the phone using motorola phone tools (google that) and a mini USB cable. I was a RAZR guy before the jesus phone got my soul.

--------------------
-
Michael Lee

Posts: 4 | From: Hacienda Heights | Registered: Sep 2007  |  IP: Logged

All times are Eastern Time  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

© 2015 Geek Culture