homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums

my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums   » Other Geeky Stuff   » Ask a Geek!   » XP pro

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: XP pro
JohnM
Single Celled Newbie
Member # 10203

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted August 16, 2007 04:50      Profile for JohnM     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
HI! I found someone local who is selling XP pro software, this is what is on the package.

On the front of the CD it states:
- Not for retail or oem distribution
- Do not make illegal copies of this disc
- Fulfillment Distribution c 2001 Microsoft Corporation. All rights
reserved
- Unlicensed software- Illegal without separate license from microsoft

On the back of the sleeve there is a yellow-orange label which has to
product key.
Can anyone tell me anything about this? Am I going to have problems with this or should I go for it? Thanks John.

Posts: 1 | From: Maryland | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged
Ashitaka

SuperFan!
Member # 4924

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted August 16, 2007 05:18      Profile for Ashitaka     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Will you get in trouble, ( or have any consequences)? probably not.

Is installing it wrong? maybe.

--------------------
"If they're not gonna make a distinction between Muslims and violent extremists, then why should I take the time to distinguish between decent, fearful white people and racists?"

-Assif Mandvi

Posts: 3089 | From: Switzerland | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged
maximile

SuperFan!
Member # 3446

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted August 16, 2007 05:41      Profile for maximile   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I wouldn't buy it. The licence is what you spend the real money on; sounds like the seller is just trying to charge you for crap. It wouldn't be legal, and if you want to be illegal it'd probably be less hassle just to get it off the net somewhere. I bet you'd have trouble with the activation.
Posts: 1085 | From: London, UK (Powys, UK in hols) | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged
MacManKrisK

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 955

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted August 16, 2007 06:44      Profile for MacManKrisK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah, this dude is abusing his connections as a Microsoft Certified something something and reselling these "insider" copies of XP. I wouldn't trust the guy any further than I could throw him.

I agree with max, if you're going to use an illegal copy of XP, just download it off the 'net like everybody else!

--------------------
"Buy low, sell high
get rich and you still die"

Posts: 2331 | From: Southwest Michigan, USA | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged

All times are Eastern Time  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

2015 Geek Culture