homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums

my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums   » Other Geeky Stuff   » Ask a Geek!   » attaching in linux

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: attaching in linux
stevenback7
SuperBlabberMouth!
Member # 5114

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted June 25, 2007 16:30      Profile for stevenback7   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Okay the problem is short and sweet - I have ppl running kubuntu on there laptops but kubuntu won't let them attach any files when they try and send out emails, instead it says the page cannot be displayed when attempting to attach something.

Solution?

Thank you guys very much

--------------------
Comic Book Guy: There is no emoticon for what i'm feeling.

Posts: 1199 | From: Canada eh? | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged
Sxeptomaniac

Member # 3698

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted June 25, 2007 16:41      Profile for Sxeptomaniac   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Which email client are you using?

--------------------
Let's pray that the human race never escapes from Earth to spread its iniquity elsewhere. - C. S. Lewis

Posts: 1590 | From: Fresno, CA | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged
stevenback7
SuperBlabberMouth!
Member # 5114

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted June 25, 2007 16:54      Profile for stevenback7   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The email clients are all across the board - some use the one which comes with kubuntu, some use hotmail, and some use the one provided by our website provider.

--------------------

Slack User
Mini Geek
Member # 9196

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted June 25, 2007 19:26      Profile for Slack User   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Kbuntu default email is KMail, attach image, I would hope it is not giving you an error "Page cannot be displayed" for KMail... Make sure the kubuntu user is saving their doc on the desktop or a document directory reserved for their user..

As far as hotmail, I assume you refer to the web based email client.. If so, the question is which browser are you using to connect to hotmail.com ? I believe kubuntu comes standard with firefox and konquerer, may want to use the alternative of what you are to see if it's a browser issue or where the issue may be.

It should be very straight forward though and easy in any of the above. This is email we're talking about. [Smile]

--------------------
I must not be popular. I only got 2 stars. :(

Posts: 63 | From: Las Vegas | Registered: Jun 2007  |  IP: Logged
stevenback7
SuperBlabberMouth!
Member # 5114

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted June 25, 2007 19:51      Profile for stevenback7   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah i don't really know what the problem is - since i don't have the computers in front of me, i just have to go by the 1 line complaints people send me. So i thought someone here might know of a problem in kubuntu and attaching files in email.

The last complaint the one which have the page cannot be displayed error. Is the person is trying to attach a plt file using the web based mail service provided by our website hosts. But besides that i don't know much either.

--------------------

CommanderShroom
BlabberMouth, a Blabber Odyssey
Member # 2097

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted June 25, 2007 22:37      Profile for CommanderShroom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You are going to need more details than that. Also, have you tried to replicate the error by using the same service? It may be a service and not a *nix issue. Or at least that is the direction I am leaning.

Kontact/Kmail has not given me any grief with emails nor does any of my web based services with ff.

--------------------
Does he know our big secret?
Has one of us confessed?
'Bout the wires circuits and motors
Buried in our chest

Posts: 2465 | From: Utarrrrggggghhh!!!!!!!! | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged

All times are Eastern Time  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

2015 Geek Culture