homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums

my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums   » Other Geeky Stuff   » Ask a Geek!   » Web Broadcasting Program

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Web Broadcasting Program
Luke Skywalker
Assimilated
Member # 3096

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted June 20, 2007 18:55      Profile for Luke Skywalker     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am looking for a program that will allow me to stream a webcam broadcast. Preferably that will allow me to pull it from my IP (I intend to access it while at work, or allow others to access it), or directly broadcast to a website or something that is easily accessed.

Anyone got any ideas? Thanks in advanced.

--------------------
Use the Force, Luke.

Posts: 406 | From: The Line Between Time and Space | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged
-ct-
BlabberMouth, the Next Generation
Member # 209

Icon 1 posted June 20, 2007 19:33      Profile for -ct-   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
http://www.analogx.com/contents/download/network/sswww.htm

http://www.analogx.com/contents/download/network/ssshout.htm

[thumbsup]

--------------------
Things are always darkest... just before you pull your head out of your butt, void where prohibited, keep away from flame, surcharge(s) may apply.

www.harddriveHELL.com and demoniclemon.com

Posts: 1906 | From: nowhere, man | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
business attire
Highlie
Member # 6102

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted June 21, 2007 06:48      Profile for business attire     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
nobody wants to see you naked.
nobody wants to see you at work, naked.

nerdwithnofriends
Uber Geek
Member # 3773

Icon 1 posted June 21, 2007 12:06      Profile for nerdwithnofriends     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by business attire:

Hey, speak for yourself.

--------------------
"The Buddha, the Godhead, resides quite as comfortably in the circuits of a digital computer or the gears of a cycle transmission as he does at the top of a mountain or in the petals of a flower." - Robert M. Pirsig

Stibbons
SuperBlabberMouth!
Member # 2515

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted June 21, 2007 18:06      Profile for Stibbons   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

Have you tried offering?
Posts: 1141 | From: UK | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged
Luke Skywalker
Assimilated
Member # 3096

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted June 21, 2007 18:27      Profile for Luke Skywalker     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Whos offering, me or BA?

And its for me to see my place while Im at work. So id be me seeing my roomies naked while Im at work [Smile]

Na, really, actually its a project Im doing for my work. Its mostly going to end up being your typical broadcast webshow of inanimate objects...

--------------------
Use the Force, Luke.

Posts: 406 | From: The Line Between Time and Space | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged
business attire
Highlie
Member # 6102

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted June 22, 2007 06:33      Profile for business attire     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
YUSS!! just what I want to see!!

MOAR MOAR MOAR MOAR MOAR INANIMATE OBJECTS NOT MOVING AT ALL PLZ!!!!

please please! make my wildest fantasies come true!

(I foresee this thread getting a lot more interesting, very quickly [evil] )

GrumpySteen

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan
Member # 170

Icon 1 posted June 22, 2007 06:57      Profile for GrumpySteen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
business attire wrote:
MOAR MOAR MOAR MOAR MOAR INANIMATE OBJECTS NOT MOVING AT ALL PLZ!!!!

Here you go (web cam link is in the next to last paragraph on the page)

--------------------
Worst. Celibate. Ever.

Posts: 6364 | From: Tennessee | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
business attire
Highlie
Member # 6102

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted June 22, 2007 07:00      Profile for business attire     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
you never do take the obvious bait... its always the safest approach for preventing the sick obscenities of a Steen attack [Smile]
GrumpySteen

Member # 170

Icon 1 posted June 22, 2007 07:06      Profile for GrumpySteen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If I reacted normally took the obvious bait, I wouldn't be half as interesting to talk to as I am. We wouldn't want that, now, would we?

--------------------
Worst. Celibate. Ever.

business attire
Highlie
Member # 6102

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted June 22, 2007 07:19      Profile for business attire     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
you're assuming you're interesting to talk to...
WinterSolstice

Member # 934

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted June 22, 2007 07:46      Profile for WinterSolstice     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
you're assuming you're interesting to talk to...

Noooo - he's just saying that he'd be half as interesting [Big Grin]

--------------------
An operating system should be like a light switch... simple, effective, easy to use, and designed for everyone.

Posts: 1192 | From: Los Angeles | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
GrumpySteen

Member # 170

Icon 1 posted June 22, 2007 07:51      Profile for GrumpySteen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ouch! My poor damaged ego shall need immediate medical treatment if it is to survive. Woe is me 'n stuff.

I've got to check out of the hotel room now, though, get moving. I have hours of fun before me.

PM me your address for the card, though, okay? It's going to be late (hey, I'm 200 miles from my printer... give me a break), but I'd like to send it.

--------------------
Worst. Celibate. Ever.

All times are Eastern Time  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

2015 Geek Culture