homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums

my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums   » Other Geeky Stuff   » Ask a Geek!   » Nausea remedies? (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Author Topic: Nausea remedies?
Rhonwyyn

Solid Gold SuperFan!
Member # 2854

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted June 04, 2007 18:25      Profile for Rhonwyyn   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hmm... I read the "random drug user" to mean the same as "recreational drug user." You know, like someone who uses drugs occasionally, and maybe even just reaches into a bag and pulls out whatever he finds in there and uses that. I guess Grummy's interpretation did work, but it's much more vitriolic than mine. When in doubt, go with the nicer interpretation: wouldn't life be much less angst-ridden if everyone did that?

:halo:

--------------------
Change the way you SEE, not the way you LOOK!

Posts: 3849 | From: Lancaster, PA | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged
Grummash

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 4289

Icon 1 posted June 05, 2007 00:10      Profile for Grummash     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Steen wrote:
quote:
Finally, read my posts. I did not name anyone and, as I pointed out, multiple people had suggested marijuanna.
If you read my post, you'll find that I didn't name anyone either. I wasn't defending any particular individual - as you said yourself, "multiple people had suggested marijuanna"

and:
quote:
First, the guy needs to talk to -his- doctor.......none of us are qualified to replace that.
Perfectly true - and if you read my post you'll see that at no point did I say that that the marijuana suggestion was either good or bad, or of more value than your original suggestion that "This is something he should look to his doctor for guidance with.."

quote:
Second, has it occurred to you that I don't consider the words "drug user" to be any more insulting than words "brown haired"?
No. In all honesty it didn't. But then it is more important how your words are perceived by the people who read your posts, rather than how you yourself feel about those words.

The sole question I was raising is whether it was necessary to be so dismissive..or to sound so dismissive... about people personally. As I said, if you want to rubbish people's ideas that's fine... but there is too much aggressive and confrontational posting on the forum already. It just saddened me to hear someone with something very worthwhile to contribute seeming to adopt a touch of the supercilious tone that undermines some other posters' credibility.

If I read a meaning into your words that wasn't intended, then I'm sorry - but I clearly wasn't the only one.

--------------------
...and yet, across the gulf of space, minds immeasurably superior to ours regarded this earth with envious eyes...

Posts: 2335 | From: Lancashire,UK | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged
Serenak

Member # 2950

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted June 05, 2007 05:38      Profile for Serenak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh well

Can I just say that whenever I have tried it (smoking them herbal cigarettes) it made me feel sick, not the other way around?

Of course I have no doubt that there are otherways to use it [Big Grin]

--------------------
"So if you want my address - it's No. 1 at the end of the bar, where I sit with the broken angels, clutching at straws and nursing my scars..."

Posts: 1937 | From: Suffolk England | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged

All times are Eastern Time
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

2015 Geek Culture