homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums

my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums   » Other Geeky Stuff   » Ask a Geek!   » small job oppertunity

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: small job oppertunity
stevenback7
SuperBlabberMouth!
Member # 5114

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted May 01, 2007 16:53      Profile for stevenback7   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
*** warning - I apologize to anyone who thinks I should not have posted this and for the many spelling errors but this is important to me ***

Okay as most of you know I belong to an international non-profit organization which helps youth gain leadership ability as well as donate money to various international organizations plus a lot more. For a brief overview of the organization just wiki "Key Club".

Now as being part of the Eastern Canada district of this organization all of our documents need to be translated into French. We usually get a student who lives in Quebec to help us translate the documents as well as the website but this year we couldn't get anyone to step up. So I am going here to GC and asking if anyone here can translate documents from English into French. There isn't much translation to be done and most of the documents are just a page in lenght but it still needs to be done. We are willing to negotiate a salary for anyone who wishes to do this. If you want more information please contact me at [email protected] or [email protected]

As well as a translator we are looking for someone who wishes to help us set up a database for login, file storage, etc as well as be a technical contact. We are still trying to figure out what we exactly want in terms of the database but we are willing to pay for the service of someone to set this up (this isn't a huge amount because we are non-profit and for most this would be considered spending money but just think about it as inderectly helping out many local youth as well as helping people in Africa and such).

Lastly if anyone is a web designer out there or at least knows what a site should look like I would encourage you to look at the site (www.keyclub.ca) and have a look around. After if you could so kindly give me feedback on the site at [email protected] or [email protected] then that would be very much appreciated (you won't get payed for this but all your feedback will be considered and could possible help improve the efficiency of the organization which will help out many people).

Thank you

p.s. If anyone has anything else they wish to contribute to the organization or if they want to get involved they can contact me again at [email protected] or [email protected]

--------------------
Comic Book Guy: There is no emoticon for what i'm feeling.

Posts: 1199 | From: Canada eh? | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged
stevenback7
SuperBlabberMouth!
Member # 5114

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted May 07, 2007 15:14      Profile for stevenback7   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
come on people - no one wants to help out a non-profit organization or make a little extra money.

--------------------

WinterSolstice

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan
Member # 934

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted May 07, 2007 19:11      Profile for WinterSolstice     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No, I read it, but I don't have the mad skillz. Otherwise I'd be happy to help.

--------------------
An operating system should be like a light switch... simple, effective, easy to use, and designed for everyone.

Posts: 1192 | From: Los Angeles | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
littlenewsie
Geek Apprentice
Member # 7241

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted May 07, 2007 19:18      Profile for littlenewsie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Umm... I'm not a native French speaker, and judging from my last grade on my French quiz, I'm not the person to go to for help. Sorry.

--------------------
"Teachers ramble on and on about freedom of the press but God help you if you try to use it." Gordon Korman

Posts: 46 | From: The Other Side of PA | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged
stevenback7
SuperBlabberMouth!
Member # 5114

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted May 08, 2007 06:07      Profile for stevenback7   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
okay thats fine

--------------------

All times are Eastern Time  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

2015 Geek Culture