homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums

my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums   » Other Geeky Stuff   » Ask a Geek!   » Thunderbird MoveMail

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Thunderbird MoveMail
GameMaster
BlabberMouth, a Blabber Odyssey
Member # 1173

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted February 15, 2007 06:44      Profile for GameMaster   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm setting up my box to use the local mail spool for a number of things. I have fetchmail using ssl grabbing from a number of accounts, and all is great on that end.

Once it's on my machine, I still want to use ThunderBird as a client, and low and behold, it works wonders. The problem is that ThunderBird doesn't leave a copy in the spool. I honestly don't care if there is a copy after it's marked 'read', but before it's 'read' I like it to show in both places.

Anyone know where the "leave copy" is for a movemail account?

--------------------
My Site

Posts: 3038 | From: State of insanity | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
Doco

SuperFan!
Member # 371

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted February 16, 2007 07:38      Profile for Doco   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sorry I can't help directly - I haven't ever used movemail. I have used Thunderbird quite a bit. My setup is to use fetchmail to pull from wherever and then I run an IMAP server on that box. Thunderbird connects to the IMAP server and away I go. Keeps the read/unread status correct along with stuff in the right folders, etc. Nice thing is that I can connect from home, from work, from my wife's laptop, from my parents place, etc. etc. etc.
Posts: 419 | From: Minneapolis, MN | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged
GameMaster
BlabberMouth, a Blabber Odyssey
Member # 1173

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted February 19, 2007 09:26      Profile for GameMaster   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Many thanks. I had not thought about running an imap service for this... but now that you mention it, it would make life a whole lot easier.

--------------------
My Site

Posts: 3038 | From: State of insanity | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged

All times are Eastern Time  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

2015 Geek Culture