homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums

my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums   » Other Geeky Stuff   » Ask a Geek!   » Toys?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Toys?
Ashitaka

SuperFan!
Member # 4924

Member Rated:
Icon 5 posted December 24, 2006 04:04      Profile for Ashitaka     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So what toys did you get for christmas?

My definition of a toy is something one plays with. Something that entertains you is not nessisarily a toy. Listening to a new ipod is not playing with an Ipod.

I ask because as a grew older a receieved fewer and fewer toys for christmas till none came. Now I ask for toys so I am sure to recieve them.

--------------------
"If they're not gonna make a distinction between Muslims and violent extremists, then why should I take the time to distinguish between decent, fearful white people and racists?"

-Assif Mandvi

Posts: 3089 | From: Switzerland | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged
Demosthenes
SuperBlabberMouth!
Member # 530

Icon 1 posted December 24, 2006 12:46      Profile for Demosthenes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I haven't opened the stuff from the relatives yet, but the boyfriend got me a DS Lite with an import of Wario Ware Touched...in Polar White, to match my Mac! [Big Grin]
Xanthine

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan!
Member # 736

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted December 25, 2006 10:52      Profile for Xanthine     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I got a SCUBA mask and snorkel for my trip to Africa (tomorrow! w000000t!!). And a laser pointer.

--------------------
And it's one, two, three / On the wrong side of the lee / What were you meant for? / What were you meant for?
- The Decemberists

Posts: 7670 | From: the lab | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
nerdwithnofriends
Uber Geek
Member # 3773

Icon 1 posted December 25, 2006 11:56      Profile for nerdwithnofriends     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
airsoft pistol, and my first ever USB jumpdrive. 1Gb, finally I won't have to gmail myself all those files I need to print on the school's printers.

What else... a book called [Geek Logik] that has some sudo-formulae for determining such things as whether or not to call in sick to work, whether you should ask 'her' out on a date, etc etc all based on certain 'variables'. It's fun though.

I also got a $20.00 bestbuy gift card, a $50.00 barnes and noble card, and $100.00 cash. I'd like to say i'm going to spend the cash on a Wii, but it will probably go towards my textbooks for this semester [Frown]

--------------------
"The Buddha, the Godhead, resides quite as comfortably in the circuits of a digital computer or the gears of a cycle transmission as he does at the top of a mountain or in the petals of a flower." - Robert M. Pirsig

zesovietrussian
SuperBlabberMouth!
Member # 1177

Icon 1 posted December 25, 2006 12:38      Profile for zesovietrussian     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Demosthenes:
I haven't opened the stuff from the relatives yet, but the boyfriend got me a DS Lite with an import of Wario Ware Touched...in Polar White, to match my Mac! [Big Grin]

...and I clicked on the link hoping to see a detailed inventory list of Mike's Kinky Sexshop, what a huge disappointment [Razz]
Posts: 1094 | From: Boston | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
The-Tech
Geek
Member # 2506

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted December 25, 2006 16:48      Profile for The-Tech     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I got a Make edition Leatherman Squirt and some Robotics Books. I have my eye on some of the kids toys to hack when they are no longer playing with them [Smile]

Dave

--------------------
God not only plays dice with the universe,
he sometimes throws them where they cannot be seen
--- Stephen Hawking

A fanatic is one who can't change his mind and won't change the subject -- Winston Churchill

Posts: 128 | From: Third Stone from the Sun | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged
Ashitaka

SuperFan!
Member # 4924

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted December 26, 2006 07:34      Profile for Ashitaka     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I got KHET. (with the eye if horace beam splitters) [Big Grin] I am not surprised though as I asked for it.

KHET

--------------------
"If they're not gonna make a distinction between Muslims and violent extremists, then why should I take the time to distinguish between decent, fearful white people and racists?"

-Assif Mandvi

JulioC
Geek
Member # 4370

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted December 26, 2006 10:12      Profile for JulioC     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
-Canon Pixma MP130/110 scanner/printer/colour copier
-As hitload of ink cartridges for the first
-Compaq Presario 2200
-A big-size Ash from "Evil dead" statue
-Rebelstar Tactical Command for the GBA
-$100 in my Paypal account

--------------------
www.jcmrpgart.blogspot.com
612toApocalypse

Posts: 182 | From: Brazil | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Ashitaka

SuperFan!
Member # 4924

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted December 26, 2006 11:25      Profile for Ashitaka     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by JulioC:
-Canon Pixma MP130/110 scanner/printer/colour copier
-As hitload of ink cartridges for the first
-Compaq Presario 2200
-A big-size Ash from "Evil dead" statue
-Rebelstar Tactical Command for the GBA
-$100 in my Paypal account

These are your toys? That you recieved for CHRISTmas?

--------------------

-Assif Mandvi

Demosthenes
SuperBlabberMouth!
Member # 530

Icon 1 posted December 27, 2006 13:40      Profile for Demosthenes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by zesovietrussian:
...and I clicked on the link hoping to see a detailed inventory list of Mike's Kinky Sexshop, what a huge disappointment [Razz]

Well, I'm not going to list what I got for myself this year. That would just make me look like some creepy collector. [evil]
business attire
Highlie
Member # 6102

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted December 27, 2006 13:56      Profile for business attire     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
mmmm new saber.
Black Widow
Uber Geek
Member # 3046

Icon 1 posted December 27, 2006 14:21      Profile for Black Widow     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I got a tripod for my cameras. And a hot glue gun! [thumbsup]
Posts: 931 | From: Missouri | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged
GrumpySteen

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan
Member # 170

Icon 1 posted December 27, 2006 14:28      Profile for GrumpySteen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I got a Donald Duck Pirate rubber duckie, a plush duck that pops up and quacks after you squish him, a happy bunny keychain that says "It's cute that you're so stupid" and $145 in donations in my name to the National Kidney Foundation. [thumbsup]

--------------------
Worst. Celibate. Ever.

Posts: 6364 | From: Tennessee | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
csk

Member # 1941

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted December 27, 2006 16:00      Profile for csk     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I got a new printer (Epson Stylus C79, my old Epson Stylus Color 500 was struggling [Wink] )

--------------------
6 weeks to go!

Posts: 4455 | From: Sydney, Australia | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Stibbons
SuperBlabberMouth!
Member # 2515

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted December 30, 2006 06:06      Profile for Stibbons   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
A PicooZ mirco RC helicopter and noddy pitching machine from my girlfriend, and a nice big flash drive and some money towards uniform (not a toy, but still cool) from my parents. Oh, and for some reason racing nuns from my brother.

Santa Inc. won't be getting a letter of complaint from me this year [Smile] I think I might get myself a nice new djembe too (what's the point in working over the holiday if you can't get yourself something as a reward [Wink] )

Posts: 1143 | From: UK | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged
quantumfluff
BlabberMouth, a Blabber Odyssey
Member # 450

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted December 30, 2006 13:02      Profile for quantumfluff     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think this was the first year I didn't get any toys at all. I guess 46 was the cut-off. [Frown]
Posts: 2902 | From: 5 to 15 meters above sea level | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged
Ugh, MightyClub
BlabberMouth, the Next Generation
Member # 3112

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted January 02, 2007 10:50      Profile for Ugh, MightyClub     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My sister gave me a mini RC indoor helicopter, but I had to return it because it wouldn't fly right no matter what I tried. They were out of stock when I brought it back. Hopefully I won't have to wait long to get a replacement.

I also got some Legos, but that's it for toys this year.

--------------------
Ugh!

Posts: 1742 | From: Ithaca, NY | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged

All times are Eastern Time  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

2015 Geek Culture