homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums

my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums   » Other Geeky Stuff   » Ask a Geek!   » Two questions for those with children...

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Two questions for those with children...
GrumpySteen

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan
Member # 170

Icon 1 posted October 30, 2006 17:27      Profile for GrumpySteen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
How many of you have swiped your favorite candies out of your kids' trick or treat bags by claiming they looked suspicious or weren't wrapped correctly?

And how many of you just hadn't thought about doing it before and are going to do it tomorrow now that I've mentioned it?

--------------------
Worst. Celibate. Ever.

Posts: 6364 | From: Tennessee | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
boo
Highlie
Member # 5991

Icon 1 posted October 30, 2006 17:36      Profile for boo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey, it doesn't have to be limited to my kids, does it? I'd be happy protect any innocent child. [Big Grin]
Posts: 775 | From: us of a | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged
TheMoMan
BlabberMouth, a Blabber Odyssey
Member # 1659

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted October 30, 2006 17:40      Profile for TheMoMan         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Steen & Boo_______________________It most assureadly must be done with the Grand Childrens candy those ones must be protected from the tooth rot.

--------------------
Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.

Benjamin Franklin,

Posts: 5836 | From: Just South of the Huron National Forest, in the water shed of the Rifle River | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged
TMBWITW,PB

Member # 1734

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted October 30, 2006 20:03      Profile for TMBWITW,PB     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Tomorrow I get to swipe all of Kaitlin's candy. That's why you take one year olds out trick-or-treating, right? [Razz]

--------------------
"Beauty is in the eye of the beholder and it may be necessary from time to time to give a stupid or misinformed beholder a black eye."
óMiss Piggy

Posts: 4010 | From: my couch | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
Doco

SuperFan!
Member # 371

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted October 31, 2006 05:43      Profile for Doco   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have never pretended that the candy was suspicious. I have however stated it was for their own safty - "Give Dad some candy and nobody gets hurt!"
Posts: 419 | From: Minneapolis, MN | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged
Ugh, MightyClub
BlabberMouth, the Next Generation
Member # 3112

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted October 31, 2006 05:49      Profile for Ugh, MightyClub     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't make up silly excuse like those, Steen. I simply declare a "Halloween Candy Tax" and take what I want. I learned this behavior from my favorite uncle, who would routinely extract a Twinkie Tax from me after buying me a package of the aforementioned sickeningly sweet treats.

--------------------
Ugh!

Posts: 1739 | From: Ithaca, NY | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged
Grey_girl

Member # 2172

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted October 31, 2006 07:05      Profile for Grey_girl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have always told VJ that he needed to be nice and share. Having a good kid, it worked like a charm, even on Halloween. Shame he's too old to trick or treat now. LOL...
Posts: 764 | From: NYC | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged
Aditu
SuperBlabberMouth!
Member # 2340

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted October 31, 2006 12:42      Profile for Aditu     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I just pilfer it after she goes to bed. [Smile] She's too little still to know stuff is missing.
Posts: 1355 | From: Osten Ard | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged
YaYawoman

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan!
Member # 4505

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted October 31, 2006 16:50      Profile for YaYawoman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I tell my son it is the walking fee.
Posts: 765 | From: virginia | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged
quantumfluff
BlabberMouth, a Blabber Odyssey
Member # 450

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted October 31, 2006 20:07      Profile for quantumfluff     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Grey_girl:
I have always told VJ that he needed to be nice and share. .... Shame he's too old to trick or treat now. LOL...

My daughter didn't go out this year. She had too much homework. Sniff.... We didn't even put up our usual display* in the front yard this year (travelling too much this month). I feel like I've been cheated out of a holiday.

Sigh. At least I get to eat the leftover candy from the bowl [Smile]

*the display is a macabre 8'x8' diorama that I build in the front yard each year. The highest compliment I have ever recieved about it was when one of my daughter's classmates said "we don't go to that house, it's too scary". [Big Grin]

Posts: 2901 | From: 5 to 15 meters above sea level | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged
Demosthenes
SuperBlabberMouth!
Member # 530

Icon 1 posted November 01, 2006 09:14      Profile for Demosthenes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Grey_girl:
Shame he's too old to trick or treat now. LOL...

No such thing!

All times are Eastern Time  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

© 2015 Geek Culture