homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums

my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums   » Other Geeky Stuff   » Ask a Geek!   » Repairing a speaker cone

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Repairing a speaker cone
donniedarko
Single Celled Newbie
Member # 5724

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted September 14, 2006 10:47      Profile for donniedarko     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have a Fender MusicMaster bass amp...the speaker is fine except that the seam on the cone has come unglued in about a 4" strip. I would like to reglue the seam - I think that will take care of it - but don't know what type of adhesive to use....must be strong (and invisible) but able to handle the vibration and movement. Any suggestions? Anyone out there have any experience with this?

Thanks

DoctorWho

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 392

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted September 14, 2006 12:53      Profile for DoctorWho     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Elmers' glue is what my father used to use when he repaired speakers that had a broken seam. That was 5 years ago and they are still going strong. He used a popsicle stick to apply the glue. I remember him saying he used Elmer's because it has enough give to prevent the seam from ripping.

--------------------
Laughter is like changing a baby's diapers. It doesn't solve anything but it sure improves the situation. Leo F. Buscaglia

Posts: 1694 | From: The TARDIS | Registered: Apr 2000  |  IP: Logged
Snaggy

Sir Snaggalot!
Member # 123

Member Rated:
Icon 3 posted September 14, 2006 21:17      Profile for Snaggy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'd probably try a high quality rubber cement.
Posts: 8111 | From: Canada | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
DoctorWho

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 392

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted September 15, 2006 05:28      Profile for DoctorWho     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Or here is a thought, why not buy actual speaker glue.

--------------------
Laughter is like changing a baby's diapers. It doesn't solve anything but it sure improves the situation. Leo F. Buscaglia

Posts: 1694 | From: The TARDIS | Registered: Apr 2000  |  IP: Logged
Snaggy

Sir Snaggalot!
Member # 123

Member Rated:
Icon 14 posted September 15, 2006 08:25      Profile for Snaggy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
[Applause]
Posts: 8111 | From: Canada | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged

All times are Eastern Time  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

2015 Geek Culture