homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums

my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums   » Other Geeky Stuff   » Ask a Geek!   » Gameboy Gamers

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Gameboy Gamers
Mel
Alpha Geek
Member # 3553

Member Rated:
Icon 5 posted August 14, 2006 08:20      Profile for Mel     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Best RPG games out there for Gameboy Advance (or any older Gameboy system)?
Posts: 309 | From: Canada | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged
GrumpySteen

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan
Member # 170

Icon 1 posted August 14, 2006 09:05      Profile for GrumpySteen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
As long as you can make it through the mind-numbingly long intro text portions, the Golden Sun games are good. Ditto for the Legend of Zelda games. There are a couple of others, but it's Monday morning and I can't think straight enough to remember them. If I do, I'll post again later.

--------------------
Worst. Celibate. Ever.

Posts: 6364 | From: Tennessee | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
Mel
Alpha Geek
Member # 3553

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted August 15, 2006 09:30      Profile for Mel     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah, Zelda rocks! They came out with the classic Zelda games for GBA. They're finally getting more Final Fantasy games on GBA too.

I'll try the Golden Sun games, thanks [Smile]

Bibo
BlabberMouth, the Next Generation
Member # 1959

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted August 15, 2006 09:40      Profile for Bibo   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Zelda games are not RPGs, they are Adventure. I hate RPGs, but Golden Sun seems to be highly recommended as is Sword of Mana. My wife is a big fan of RPGs, but she is addicted to Animal Crossing for the DS right now.
Posts: 1641 | From: Grand Rapids, MI | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Mel
Alpha Geek
Member # 3553

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted August 16, 2006 09:21      Profile for Mel     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Bibo:
The Zelda games are not RPGs, they are Adventure. I hate RPGs, but Golden Sun seems to be highly recommended as is Sword of Mana. My wife is a big fan of RPGs, but she is addicted to Animal Crossing for the DS right now.

I loved the Secret of Mana game so I bought the Sword of Mana one, and it totally sucks compared to it. Was very disappointed!

Is Animal Crossing for GBA any good? What do you do in the game?

drunkennewfiemidget
BlabberMouth, a Blabber Odyssey
Member # 2814

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted August 16, 2006 09:25      Profile for drunkennewfiemidget     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Any relation to Secret of Mana and Illusion of Gaia for SNES? Those were awesome, addictive games.
Posts: 4897 | From: Cambridge, ON, Canada | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged
Bibo
BlabberMouth, the Next Generation
Member # 1959

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted August 16, 2006 09:56      Profile for Bibo   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Mel:
quote:
Originally posted by Bibo:
.... My wife is a big fan of RPGs, but she is addicted to Animal Crossing for the DS right now.

I loved the Secret of Mana game so I bought the Sword of Mana one, and it totally sucks compared to it. Was very disappointed!

Is Animal Crossing for GBA any good? What do you do in the game?

Actually it's for the DS. As far as I can tell it's quite fun and addictive, if you are into that type of game. (Animal crossing puts me to sleep) My wife has not touched Animal Crossing for the Game Cube since getting the DS version.
Posts: 1641 | From: Grand Rapids, MI | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Sxeptomaniac

Member # 3698

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted August 16, 2006 16:21      Profile for Sxeptomaniac   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I tried playing the original Pokemon game a while back, and thought it was a pretty good RPG. I can't say I think much of the merchandizing and other crap that sprang up around it, but the game itself was pretty fun.

(and no, I didn't even come close to catching them all [Wink] )

--------------------
Let's pray that the human race never escapes from Earth to spread its iniquity elsewhere. - C. S. Lewis

Posts: 1590 | From: Fresno, CA | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged
Mel
Alpha Geek
Member # 3553

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted August 22, 2006 11:14      Profile for Mel     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by drunkennewfiemidget:
Any relation to Secret of Mana and Illusion of Gaia for SNES? Those were awesome, addictive games.

It was related to the Secret of Mana, which I also loved, but this one had too much talking and not enough action, WAY too many weapons, and you couldn't walk around wherever you wanted like on the SNES game (you were stuck following the story). Chrono Trigger was also an awesome game like that where you could see the characters before you fought them (they don't pop up suddenly on the screen like Final Fansaty games - although those are still awesome!).

All times are Eastern Time  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

2015 Geek Culture