homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums

my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums   » Other Geeky Stuff   » Ask a Geek!   » Photo Plus

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Photo Plus
Aditu
SuperBlabberMouth!
Member # 2340

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted March 20, 2006 13:21      Profile for Aditu     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
We've had a patron ask about our doing a class here at the library on a free photo editing software called Photo Plus.

I know nothing about this product, but would be willing to find someone locally to teach a class at our library.

However wanted to know what you guys think of this software. Has anyone used it? Is it okay or is there another free product that would be better to offer a class in?

Thanks

Posts: 1355 | From: Osten Ard | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged
maybe.logic
Alpha Geek
Member # 5014

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted March 31, 2006 11:28      Profile for maybe.logic     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I would personally advise using photoshop or corel draw...

As they are easy to start off with, and no i have'nt used this product you speak of, but from past experiances as a graphical designer i found using photoshop and corel draw easy to use.

If you need any further assistance i would be happy to help as this is a personal area of interest for me.

Cap'n Vic

Member # 1477

Icon 1 posted March 31, 2006 11:54      Profile for Cap'n Vic     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Gimp

--------------------
(!) (T) = 8-D

Posts: 5471 | From: One of the drones from sector 7G | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged
MacManKrisK

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 955

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted March 31, 2006 20:41      Profile for MacManKrisK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
^^^^ what he said ^^^^

--------------------
"Buy low, sell high
get rich and you still die"

Posts: 2331 | From: Southwest Michigan, USA | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
SpazGirl
Assimilated
Member # 4915

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted April 01, 2006 11:53      Profile for SpazGirl   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I third using the Gimp......

--------------------
Things, and things.

Posts: 465 | From: Ypsilanti, MI | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged
mephisto

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan!
Member # 666

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted April 01, 2006 23:02      Profile for mephisto     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
photoshop but then i'm no graphics designer. i just use crop a lot [Smile] and save large pictures as small ones for my blog [Smile]
but photoshop for the n00bs
all the way .....

--------------------
"Liberate tutame exinferis."

Serenak

Member # 2950

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted April 02, 2006 15:57      Profile for Serenak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Photo Plus is IIRC one of the Serif Software apps.

They are a very long established company and their software is of good quality - though it is all Windows only. They give away genuinely free and gratis full working copies of their software (usually one or two versions behind their paid for software) and may occasionally e-mail you offering a cheap upgrade to a newer version (and it is cheap).

They offer a full range of apps - Page Plus (DTP), Draw Plus (vector drawing), Photo Plus (image editing), etc.

I have not really "used" any of their software as it is Windows based but I can assure you it should not be dismissed as rubbish because it is not...

You could try contacting Serif Software directly... they are very friendly and always eager to help (especially in spreading the word about their sw...)

Visit http://www.freeserifsoftware.com/ if you want to know more about their stuff...

PS. I am not affiliated with them in any way

--------------------
"So if you want my address - it's No. 1 at the end of the bar, where I sit with the broken angels, clutching at straws and nursing my scars..."

Posts: 1937 | From: Suffolk England | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged

All times are Eastern Time  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

2015 Geek Culture