homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums

my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums   » Other Geeky Stuff   » Ask a Geek!   » Anyone still have gmail invites??? (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Author Topic: Anyone still have gmail invites???
snupy
BlabberMouth, a Blabber Odyssey
Member # 1211

Member Rated:
Icon 5 posted February 13, 2006 09:54      Profile for snupy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
that they can part with??**hopeful smiley**

--------------------
"I just ordered an extra-long straw to avoid accidentally doing a sit-up"-Jay, Modern Family

Posts: 4269 | From: UK, via Chicago | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
Cap'n Vic

Member # 1477

Icon 1 posted February 13, 2006 09:55      Profile for Cap'n Vic     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
yes.....email me at [email protected]

**edit** sent one to your AOL addy

--------------------
(!) (T) = 8-D

Posts: 5471 | From: One of the drones from sector 7G | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged
TMBWITW,PB

Member # 1734

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted February 13, 2006 10:17      Profile for TMBWITW,PB     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've got a few if anyone else wants one. You know the drill, email or p/m your name and e-mail address. [thumbsup]

--------------------
"Beauty is in the eye of the beholder and it may be necessary from time to time to give a stupid or misinformed beholder a black eye."
—Miss Piggy

Posts: 4010 | From: my couch | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
Rhonwyyn

Solid Gold SuperFan!
Member # 2854

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted February 13, 2006 10:20      Profile for Rhonwyyn   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
yup, and I have 100 remaining, so you can e-mail me, too, if Peebs runs out!

Rhonwyyn (at) gmail (dot) com

--------------------
Change the way you SEE, not the way you LOOK!

Posts: 3849 | From: Lancaster, PA | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged
dragonman97

SuperFan!
Member # 780

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted February 13, 2006 11:06      Profile for dragonman97   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hmm...I've got umm...99. Actually, make that 299, probably...

/me whistles innocently...

--------------------
There are three things you can be sure of in life: Death, taxes, and reading about fake illnesses online...

Posts: 9332 | From: Westchester County, New York | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Rhonwyyn

Solid Gold SuperFan!
Member # 2854

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted February 13, 2006 11:28      Profile for Rhonwyyn   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
But the real question is, "Do you have Chat yet?" [Wink]

/me has had it for a few days now...

--------------------
Change the way you SEE, not the way you LOOK!

Posts: 3849 | From: Lancaster, PA | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged
dragonman97

SuperFan!
Member # 780

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted February 13, 2006 11:42      Profile for dragonman97   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Rhonwyyn:
But the real question is, "Do you have Chat yet?" [Wink]

/me has had it for a few days now...

No... *sobs*

--------------------
There are three things you can be sure of in life: Death, taxes, and reading about fake illnesses online...

Posts: 9332 | From: Westchester County, New York | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Cap'n Vic

Member # 1477

Icon 1 posted February 13, 2006 11:45      Profile for Cap'n Vic     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I gots da chat.....haven't tried it out yet
Posts: 5471 | From: One of the drones from sector 7G | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged
maia
Alpha Geek
Member # 3778

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted February 13, 2006 11:48      Profile for maia     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I just got the chat added to mine. I'm pretty pleased. It's finally something that's simple enough for my mom to use. So I got to chat with her for the first time, which was really cool. And I like how it's just in the browser with your inbox, no need to download any chat client or anything.

--------------------
Nothing is too petty to be thoroughly discussed.

Posts: 316 | From: United States | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged
Matias
Highlie
Member # 4216

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted February 13, 2006 11:53      Profile for Matias   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I use gmail pretty often and that chat window pane was added today or this weekend. I love it! Makes everything so much easier.

I have another 100 left from what I can see. Here is mine....

*edit: Removed!

--------------------
A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

Posts: 516 | From: The Land of the mouse.... | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged
TMBWITW,PB

Member # 1734

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted February 13, 2006 11:58      Profile for TMBWITW,PB     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've got chat, but I have no idea how to use it. [Geek]

--------------------
"Beauty is in the eye of the beholder and it may be necessary from time to time to give a stupid or misinformed beholder a black eye."
—Miss Piggy

dragonman97

SuperFan!
Member # 780

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted February 13, 2006 12:21      Profile for dragonman97   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
*edited*

Actually, I've taken care of the invite matter. [Razz]

--------------------

Matias
Highlie
Member # 4216

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted February 13, 2006 12:49      Profile for Matias   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Peebs, Double click on the name of the person you want to chat with. You can chat in the browser or press"pop out" to chat outside of the browser. It uses the basics rules of IM.

dragonman97: thanks hun

--------------------
A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

Posts: 516 | From: The Land of the mouse.... | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged
TMBWITW,PB

Member # 1734

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted February 13, 2006 13:26      Profile for TMBWITW,PB     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Matias:
Peebs, Double click on the name of the person you want to chat with. You can chat in the browser or press"pop out" to chat outside of the browser. It uses the basics rules of IM.

And exactly where would I find the names of people with whom I wish to chat? [Confused]

/me hasn't used IMs before

--------------------
—Miss Piggy

dragonman97

SuperFan!
Member # 780

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted February 13, 2006 13:54      Profile for dragonman97   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by TMBWITW,PB:
quote:
Originally posted by Matias:

And exactly where would I find the names of people with whom I wish to chat? [Confused]

/me hasn't used IMs before

Umm...you've never used AIM or ICQ?

There's supposed to be a 'Quick Contacts' list on the left. Something like this:
http://mail.google.com/mail/help/intl/en/chat.html

I don't have it, so I can't say for sure. [Frown] (Maybe just maybe you don't actually have it yet, and have been misled by the entrance page of Gmail?)

--------------------

TMBWITW,PB

Member # 1734

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted February 13, 2006 14:03      Profile for TMBWITW,PB     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by dragonman97:

No. I've been on #joyoftech in IRC maybe twice and that's all the experience I have.

I don't have the Quick Contacts section in my Gmail homepage. Maybe I need to check the settings. [Geek] I do definitely have Chat, it's listed beneath Starred.

--------------------
—Miss Piggy

maia
Alpha Geek
Member # 3778

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted February 13, 2006 14:13      Profile for maia     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Perhaps you don't actually have the chat feature in your account yet. There is googleTalk which is a seperate client that must be downloaded which has been around for sometime, and the chats are logged to your gmail account. So, if you see a button on the left that says chat, that does not necessarily mean that you have the built-in chat yet. When you do have the built-in chat, you'll be able to hover over anyone's name in a message or in your contacts, and a bubble will pop up that allows you to email or chat with this person. In your contacts, you will also be able to see if this person is available for chat, busy, idle, etc.

--------------------
Nothing is too petty to be thoroughly discussed.

Posts: 316 | From: United States | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged
TMBWITW,PB

Member # 1734

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted February 13, 2006 14:13      Profile for TMBWITW,PB     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ahhh. I found the problem.

--------------------
—Miss Piggy

dragonman97

SuperFan!
Member # 780

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted February 13, 2006 14:14      Profile for dragonman97   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by TMBWITW,PB:
quote:

No. I've been on #joyoftech in IRC maybe twice and that's all the experience I have.

I don't have the Quick Contacts section in my Gmail homepage. Maybe I need to check the settings. [Geek] I do definitely have Chat, it's listed beneath Starred.

No, you don't have Chat. That's the place where your chat logs go. If you're using the Google Talk client (Windows), archives of your conversations will get placed there. I have the same folder/label, and I have seen conversations get archived there after using the official client.

You will have to wait until they activate the Chat feature for you, just like me. [Smile]

--------------------

Cap'n Vic

Member # 1477

Icon 1 posted February 13, 2006 14:45      Profile for Cap'n Vic     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

You will have to wait until they activate the Chat feature for you, just like me. [Smile]

We have decided not to let you have that feature [Razz]
alfrin
Uber Geek
Member # 3836

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted February 13, 2006 15:41      Profile for alfrin     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have (in total between my multitude of accounts) a total of 562 gmail invites. So yea, I've got a few if you need any.

--------------------
Art is Resistance / Resistance is Art

Posts: 813 | From: Nevada, USA | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged
CommanderShroom
BlabberMouth, a Blabber Odyssey
Member # 2097

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted February 13, 2006 15:55      Profile for CommanderShroom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have 200 invites at the moment. And the chat feature is friggin' sweet. It just appeared for me today. Nice and easy. Click on the name and go.

--------------------
Does he know our big secret?
Has one of us confessed?
'Bout the wires circuits and motors
Buried in our chest

Posts: 2465 | From: Utarrrrggggghhh!!!!!!!! | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged
Metasquares
Highlie
Member # 4441

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted February 13, 2006 19:28      Profile for Metasquares   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have 100 and no one to send them to (they're very common nowadays). Email me at metaEULERsquares at gmail.com (minus mathematician) if interested.

Slashdotters will get the spam armoring [Smile]

Posts: 664 | From: Morganville, NJ | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged
dragonman97

SuperFan!
Member # 780

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted February 13, 2006 20:13      Profile for dragonman97   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Vic, if I show up n3kk1d w/b33r, @ their NY HQ, do you think they'll give it to me?

metasquares...you're kind of making people take the long route, no?

--------------------

niniel
Geek Apprentice
Member # 4430

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted February 13, 2006 21:08      Profile for niniel   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So, anyone wants invitations? I really could give some away.. [Smile] just send a mail to munozaliaga.rut at you know wherever else ^_^

--------------------
Uno no está listo para vivir si no está listo para morir.
_,_,·~

Posts: 47 | From: Honduras | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged

All times are Eastern Time
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

© 2015 Geek Culture