homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums

my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums   » Other Geeky Stuff   » Ask a Geek!   » weak for geeks (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Author Topic: weak for geeks
bambi_eyes
Maximum Newbie
Member # 4862

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted January 30, 2006 09:35      Profile for bambi_eyes         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
hi geeks
my question is how come geeks are so shy and go all pink when i talk to you? what do us chicks do to get you geeks to understand? what is the best way to show "geek love" ?? please help bambi xx

Posts: 16 | From: england | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged
Callipygous
BlabberMouth, a Blabber Odyssey
Member # 2071

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted January 30, 2006 09:50      Profile for Callipygous     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Try perl - it's the language of love around these parts [Smile]

--------------------
"Knowledge is Power. France is Bacon" - Milton

Posts: 2922 | From: Brighton - UK | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged
bambi_eyes
Maximum Newbie
Member # 4862

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted January 30, 2006 09:54      Profile for bambi_eyes         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
hey! thank you for replying...perl? but i don't know how..teach me geek [Wink] teach me good
drunkennewfiemidget
Member # 2814

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted January 30, 2006 09:56      Profile for drunkennewfiemidget     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Tell him you want him to root your box.

That'll have him finished before he even lays a hand on you.

Posts: 4897 | From: Cambridge, ON, Canada | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged
bambi_eyes
Maximum Newbie
Member # 4862

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted January 30, 2006 10:13      Profile for bambi_eyes         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
LOL!!..yeah..i only have to wear a mini and smile at him and he charges off in the other direction shaking his head..i think geeks have a prob with blondes..maybe i should wear a fake beard? glasses? some sort of all in one tunic? HELL knows...
Stereo

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan!
Member # 748

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted January 30, 2006 10:31      Profile for Stereo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's not what you wear, it's what you have in your hands. Have a tiny pink fur handbag, and yes, he'll label you "girly girl - no talking possible" and run. Have a computer book, or a math book, or some techno gadget, and your chances increase tremendeously.

Now, the jury is still out on whether you are a troll or not, but you case looks bad to me.

--------------------
Eppur, si muove!

Galileo Galilei

Posts: 2289 | From: Gatineau, Quebec, Canada | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged
zesovietrussian
SuperBlabberMouth!
Member # 1177

Icon 1 posted January 30, 2006 10:31      Profile for zesovietrussian     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
1. Lose the pointy shoes and the fugly handbag plastered with a weird pattern of letters "C" or "LV."
2. Try talking about things other than your last trip to the mall, or your inebriation level at the last party you attended.
3. Profit!

If all of the above fails, you can always try showing up naked, with beer [Wink]

Posts: 1094 | From: Boston | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
Ugurcan

Member # 4746

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted January 30, 2006 10:34      Profile for Ugurcan   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You wear a mini? That is the problem. We geeks do not like mini, wear a G5 next time. [Wink] If that doesn't grab his attention you are always welcome to try the direct approach that's done with the beer.

--------------------
"Constants aren't, Variables won't..."

Posts: 219 | From: Under a 110 ft satellite dish... | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged
Astronomer Jedi
Highlie
Member # 4699

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted January 30, 2006 10:37      Profile for Astronomer Jedi   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Perhaps your first step might be to approach him in something more than a mini-skirt. And make sure your smile doesn't come across as predatory. You should try the enigmatic Jedi robe, or some form-fitting futuristic plastic get-up.

Go up nice and casual and ask him a geek question.
Ask him; Xbox or Playstation? What sort of OS he uses? Intel or AMD? If he is a science geek, ask him something about his particulular science.

Once you've started talking, you're in.

--------------------
Estne volumen in toga, an solum tibi libet me videre?

Posts: 606 | From: Perth, Western Australia | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged
bambi_eyes
Maximum Newbie
Member # 4862

Member Rated:
Icon 2 posted January 30, 2006 10:39      Profile for bambi_eyes         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
a troll??? easy there geek...lol..i don't do pink handbags, just because i'm blonde don't make me a bimbo, but impressing you isn't really on my agenda, you wouldn't get past first base [Smile]
Stereo

Member # 748

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted January 30, 2006 11:12      Profile for Stereo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's not because you're blonde, bambi_eyes. After all, I have no way to know if you're telling the truth. It's rather your nickname, the way you write and the kind of questions you asked. Even more telling is the fact that you started two threads on basically the same subject in less than an hour.

As for impressing me, that would be pointless. I wouldn't attempt reaching even that first base of yours. I'm an heterosexual girl, after all. (And probably twice your age, too.)

By the way, you can refer to me as Stereo; it's my name on these fora, while "geek" is a generic word. I'm not calling you "blonde," after all.

--------------------
Eppur, si muove!

Galileo Galilei

Posts: 2289 | From: Gatineau, Quebec, Canada | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged
zesovietrussian
SuperBlabberMouth!
Member # 1177

Icon 1 posted January 30, 2006 11:45      Profile for zesovietrussian     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by bambi_eyes:
i only have to wear a mini and smile at him and he charges off in the other direction shaking his head..

The only reason I can think of is if the said blonde in a mini and an average NFL linebacker happen to be of similar build and weight - in that case, a mini wouldn't be such an appropriate piece of attire, and geeks won't be the only people charging in the other direction, shaking their heads. [Razz]
Posts: 1094 | From: Boston | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
dragonman97

SuperFan!
Member # 780

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted January 30, 2006 11:52      Profile for dragonman97   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Ugurcan:
You wear a mini? That is the problem. We geeks do not like mini, wear a G5 next time. [Wink] If that doesn't grab his attention you are always welcome to try the direct approach that's done with the beer.

Hey now...You're talking to a proud owner of a Mini. [Big Grin]

I suppose I'll have to become a roving teacher of Perl the next time I go to England, eh? [Wink]

--------------------
There are three things you can be sure of in life: Death, taxes, and reading about fake illnesses online...

Posts: 9332 | From: Westchester County, New York | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
bambi_eyes
Maximum Newbie
Member # 4862

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted January 30, 2006 11:52      Profile for bambi_eyes         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
sorry stereo no offence intended - and as for my weight i'm about 6 and a half stone lol, he says he feels i'm taking the piss or that i'll hurt him, and whilst i'm sorry if u feel i've judged you in a few lines you have judged ME in a few lines..you know sweet FA about me..i'm asking this theme because..well, if u don't know i ain't gonna tell u lol..never really liked anyone and wanted to show them?..he doesn't trust me bec he has it in his head i'll hurt him or go off with someone else, i'm just trying to see what i can do..pah..forget it lol
bambi_eyes
Maximum Newbie
Member # 4862

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted January 30, 2006 11:54      Profile for bambi_eyes         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
..and hey dragon man [Smile] thanks for saying hi - with no insults yay! xx
Nick
Mini Geek
Member # 2413

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted January 30, 2006 12:59      Profile for Nick   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Bambi if tahts yoru real first name it already scares a Geek. here is what you need to to aproct a Geek looking Casual and no make up.ask him to help you with some thing something you really do need help with. try to talk to him and git to know him. If you try to hard ata time it will make a geek nervus becuase so many times pritty girl coming to them are pranks on them. You just need to show him your interested in him as is.

I know I am uneasy when a Pritty girl starts hitting on me. becuase so amny times I was burned like that. So that's why its so hard for you to get a Geek.

but if you like a Geek yoru a Smart girl [Big Grin]

--------------------
~Blade

Posts: 89 | From: Texas | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged
Sxeptomaniac

Member # 3698

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted January 30, 2006 13:17      Profile for Sxeptomaniac   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Bambi, I noticed in your other thread that you say you often play dumb until you get to know people. That right there is going to get rid of most geek guys. Most of them are going to be interested in girls who can carry on an intelligent conversation. Even when you start to show intelligence, it's going to bother them if you hid it at first. Whatever your reasons, they will see it as being ashamed of your knowledge, and they won't like it. First impressions are always important, even with geeks.

--------------------
Let's pray that the human race never escapes from Earth to spread its iniquity elsewhere. - C. S. Lewis

Posts: 1590 | From: Fresno, CA | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged
alfrin
Uber Geek
Member # 3836

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted January 30, 2006 13:31      Profile for alfrin     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Nick:
Bambi if tahts yoru real first name it already scares a Geek. here is what you need to to aproct a Geek looking Casual and no make up.ask him to help you with some thing something you really do need help with. try to talk to him and git to know him. If you try to hard ata time it will make a geek nervus becuase so many times pritty girl coming to them are pranks on them. You just need to show him your interested in him as is.

I know I am uneasy when a Pritty girl starts hitting on me. becuase so amny times I was burned like that. So that's why its so hard for you to get a Geek.

Wow, you and Bambi are a perfect match, are you going for a BA in English too Nick?

--------------------
Art is Resistance / Resistance is Art

Posts: 813 | From: Nevada, USA | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged
GameMaster
Member # 1173

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted January 30, 2006 13:34      Profile for GameMaster   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
[H]e doesn't trust me bec[ause] he has it in his head [I]'ll hurt him or go off with someone else, [I]'m just trying to see what i can do.

Have you asked your self why he thinks this? Remember that most of us were treated badly for being a "geek" and it's only in modern times that being a geek is "socially acceptable," and now, even better, "a good thing." We're used to people playing games with us. We're used to being toyed with through out early school ages. We're used to be the one nobody notices... Then, we get jobs where no one notices what we do unless we screw up.

So, if you want to gain his trust, you need to prove that you're in it for the long haul, and that takes nothing but time.

--------------------
My Site

Posts: 3038 | From: State of insanity | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
Nick
Mini Geek
Member # 2413

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted January 30, 2006 14:04      Profile for Nick   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by alfrin:
quote:
Originally posted by Nick:

Wow, you and Bambi are a perfect match, are you going for a BA in English too Nick?
But After meeting these self Righest bozos who think they are all that. I wonder why you want to deal with guys who have so little respect for any one who does not get all A's in high school. most poeple here need to learn to accept different people and respect those who do not fear as well in the waist of time know as Public high school.

Oh guys I stink as Grammer I know and I am working on that. I am good in math. and I draw well. plus I have good ideas. when it comes to needing help I will be the first to offer help no matter how much of a Jerk they are to me. With in reason

--------------------
~Blade

Posts: 89 | From: Texas | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged
MacManKrisK

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 955

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted January 30, 2006 15:00      Profile for MacManKrisK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Essentially I agree with GameMaster. This geek that you're after has been kicked down and trampled over all of his natural life. You need to be gentle with him, take things slow and let him learn to trust you. If you're "playing dumb" you need to stop because playing any part for him will not earn his trust! If he is a geek, he will love you for your mind, not what you wear, or the color of your hair, or how coordinated your outfit is. If you're cute/hot/sexy/whatever that's really icing on the cake to a geek; he will love you for your mind first.

Now, on another note, with reference to you potentially being a troll. Stop for just a second and think about what you're doing to those of us who are reading your posts. You use no punctuation and no capitalization, which means that it is up to we, the readers, to try and figure out where one clause ends and another begins. That's not really fair to ask us to do that work for you. I admit that we tend to be grammar nazis around here, but if you at least make an attempt at correct spelling, and *punctuation*, I think you will be much more well received around here. Similarly, if you are "playing dumb" for us, it won't do you any good. If you're smart, let your brain shine for all it's worth, we WANT to see it!!

I hope you don't feel I'm judging you, becuase I'm not. I just want to make sure you understand why everyone is reacting so negatively toward you. Now that you know, it's up to you to make a few changes. Puntuate and capitalize and I promise that people will be much warmer toward you. [Smile]

--------------------
"Buy low, sell high
get rich and you still die"

Posts: 2331 | From: Southwest Michigan, USA | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
nerdwithnofriends
Uber Geek
Member # 3773

Icon 1 posted January 30, 2006 15:35      Profile for nerdwithnofriends     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
... and don't use 'lol'. Or 'bec'. It grinds me nerves, it does.

/me goes back to writing python extension modules...

--------------------
"The Buddha, the Godhead, resides quite as comfortably in the circuits of a digital computer or the gears of a cycle transmission as he does at the top of a mountain or in the petals of a flower." - Robert M. Pirsig

Metasquares
Highlie
Member # 4441

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted January 30, 2006 17:54      Profile for Metasquares   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Callipygous:

my $word;
our $language;
@ISA .= "beautiful thing";
unless $we;
use RegExp;
for ($to; read $regexps; $is) {
$to;
require profanity;
}

bless $perl;

You know, they have contests to see who can write the best poetry in Perl. I've never entered one [Smile]

Posts: 664 | From: Morganville, NJ | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged
drunkennewfiemidget
Member # 2814

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted January 30, 2006 18:23      Profile for drunkennewfiemidget     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Metasquares:
quote:
Originally posted by Callipygous:

my $word;
our $language;
@ISA .= "beautiful thing";
unless $we;
use RegExp;
for ($to; read $regexps; $is) {
$to;
require profanity;
}

bless $perl;

You know, they have contests to see who can write the best poetry in Perl. I've never entered one [Smile]

*begins humping metasquares
Posts: 4897 | From: Cambridge, ON, Canada | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged
fs

Member # 1181

Icon 1 posted January 30, 2006 19:25      Profile for fs   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by zesovietrussian:
1. Lose the pointy shoes and the fugly handbag plastered with a weird pattern of letters "C" or "LV."
2. Try talking about things other than your last trip to the mall, or your inebriation level at the last party you attended.
3. Profit!

If all of the above fails, you can always try showing up naked, with beer [Wink]

You insensitive clod, I am a fugly handbag named CLV! [Frown]

Seriously though, I see I read the threads in the wrong order and naked with beer has already been suggested. My advice would be "he's gonna need a case."

--------------------
I'm in ur database, makin' moar recordz.

Posts: 1973 | From: The Cat Ship | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged

All times are Eastern Time
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

2015 Geek Culture