homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums

my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums   » Other Geeky Stuff   » Ask a Geek!   » Haircuts (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Author Topic: Haircuts
TMBWITW,PB

Member # 1734

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted January 05, 2006 17:36      Profile for TMBWITW,PB     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So I'm thinking about getting my hair cut. (No! I was completely deceived by your cunningly disguised thread title...)

This is more or less a blurry rendition of what my hair looks like now:
 -

My profile picture is what I look like with a ponytail. I'm thinking of getting this cut:
 -

Or maybe:
 -

Or possibly:
 - but without the makeup that looks like Barbara Streisand in the 70's.

Which do you like? Should I cut it at all? Do you think a different style would look better? I am open to all suggestions. [Big Grin]

--------------------
"Beauty is in the eye of the beholder and it may be necessary from time to time to give a stupid or misinformed beholder a black eye."
—Miss Piggy

Posts: 4010 | From: my couch | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
fs

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan!
Member # 1181

Icon 1 posted January 05, 2006 17:44      Profile for fs   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I like #1 and #3.

If it were me, I'd get #1, but I think #3 would look cute on you too.

--------------------
I'm in ur database, makin' moar recordz.

Posts: 1973 | From: The Cat Ship | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
Mister Boo

Member # 1419

Member Rated:
Icon 14 posted January 05, 2006 18:13      Profile for Mister Boo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think #1 will look very nice on you Peebs.
Posts: 314 | From: Naugatuck, CT | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged
YaYawoman

Member # 4505

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted January 05, 2006 18:20      Profile for YaYawoman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I like #2 and #3. #2 looks like it can be adapted to a slightly longer length. You could always try cutting a small bit and see if you like it. I had hair down almost to my lower back and then got it cut up above my ears. Missed it. I would start small, and if you like it keep going shorter.
Posts: 765 | From: virginia | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged
TMBWITW,PB

Member # 1734

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted January 05, 2006 18:35      Profile for TMBWITW,PB     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've had my hair short (well, just above the chin) before, so I'm not worried about missing long hair. I think #1 is my favorite, but Josh likes my hair a bit longer so we might end up going with #2. I'm still not sure.

--------------------
"Beauty is in the eye of the beholder and it may be necessary from time to time to give a stupid or misinformed beholder a black eye."
—Miss Piggy

Snaggy

Sir Snaggalot!
Member # 123

Member Rated:
Icon 3 posted January 05, 2006 18:43      Profile for Snaggy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Waaaahhh! I like long hair on girls! [cry baby]

Rats, if we had time I'm sure Nitro would draw you with the various haircuts, but we're getting ready to head to California in the AM, and way behind on packing. [Frown]

Posts: 8111 | From: Canada | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
TMBWITW,PB

Member # 1734

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted January 05, 2006 19:00      Profile for TMBWITW,PB     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Snaggy:
Waaaahhh! I like long hair on girls! [cry baby]

Rats, if we had time I'm sure Nitro would draw you with the various haircuts, but we're getting ready to head to California in the AM, and way behind on packing. [Frown]

That's right! MWE is next week! Any news on the mini-moot? I'll be at the expo. Tell me when and where to meet people and I'll be there! [Big Grin]

--------------------
—Miss Piggy

Rhonwyyn

Solid Gold SuperFan!
Member # 2854

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted January 05, 2006 19:14      Profile for Rhonwyyn   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I like #1 choice the best 'cause it's the cutest, but the model has a very angular chin. You, um, don't—at least when you smile. (Neither do I, even when I'm not smiling [Razz] .) So I'm curious how that'll look on you from the front. My hair's about as long as yours right now. Once I finally get it cut, I'll probably start with a chin-length bob, which I'm thinking would look good on you, too. (Add in a few wispy bangs, and it'd be a cute, low-maintenance cut.)

RANT: If so many people wear glasses, how come the hair industry doesn't model haircuts on people who wear glasses? It shouldn't be that difficult or expensive to find generic pairs for the models to wear! I hate getting my hair cut only to find out that it doesn't work when I wear my glasses.

--------------------
Change the way you SEE, not the way you LOOK!

Posts: 3849 | From: Lancaster, PA | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged
TMBWITW,PB

Member # 1734

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted January 05, 2006 19:30      Profile for TMBWITW,PB     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Rhonwyyn:

-

[Wink]

--------------------
—Miss Piggy

Rhonwyyn

Solid Gold SuperFan!
Member # 2854

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted January 05, 2006 19:42      Profile for Rhonwyyn   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
HAHAHA!!! You are TOOO funny, Peebs!

But see, that totally proved my point... Her bangs hang into her glasses, leading to smudges and too much obscuring her eyes. [ohwell]

--------------------

maia
Alpha Geek
Member # 3778

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted January 05, 2006 19:44      Profile for maia     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I like #3. [Smile]

--------------------
Nothing is too petty to be thoroughly discussed.

Posts: 316 | From: United States | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged
drunkennewfiemidget
BlabberMouth, a Blabber Odyssey
Member # 2814

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted January 05, 2006 19:45      Profile for drunkennewfiemidget     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Me no likey #2, personally. I think #1 would be awesometastic.
Posts: 4897 | From: Cambridge, ON, Canada | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged
dragonman97

SuperFan!
Member # 780

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted January 05, 2006 20:26      Profile for dragonman97   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
#2 or #3, leaing towards #3. But I'm with Snaggy on thinking that longer hair is cuter/cooler. [Smile]
Posts: 9332 | From: Westchester County, New York | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Ugh, MightyClub
BlabberMouth, the Next Generation
Member # 3112

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted January 05, 2006 20:40      Profile for Ugh, MightyClub     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I like #1 best but it looks like your hair hangs fairly straight, so the cut would not look like the model's without some serious hair goo/maintenance.

I think #2 would look cute on you, and appears to be low maintenance. That's a big plus with a baby in the house. And short hair is a plus when the baby is breastfeeding [Smile]

--------------------
Ugh!

Posts: 1742 | From: Ithaca, NY | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged
magefile
Highlie
Member # 2918

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted January 05, 2006 21:48      Profile for magefile     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Shave it off! HHOS.
Posts: 743 | From: Massachusetts | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged
Bibo
BlabberMouth, the Next Generation
Member # 1959

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted January 05, 2006 23:13      Profile for Bibo   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No don't get a "Mom" haircut! You can be a Mom and still have long hair.
Posts: 1641 | From: Grand Rapids, MI | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
TMBWITW,PB

Member # 1734

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted January 06, 2006 00:51      Profile for TMBWITW,PB     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Awww, I'm not doing it because I'm a mom now. This is something I've been thinking about for a while (like years).

--------------------
—Miss Piggy

Callipygous
BlabberMouth, a Blabber Odyssey
Member # 2071

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted January 06, 2006 03:25      Profile for Callipygous     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
On girls with the youth and face shape that it suits, nothing looks finer than long hair providing that hair is in absolutely top condition, but frankly IMHO on the other 95% shorter cuts are sexier and more stylish! To me a short cut makes a girl look strong and confident.

So if you have found someone to cut it who you trust, go for it Peebs, be brave!

--------------------
"Knowledge is Power. France is Bacon" - Milton

Posts: 2922 | From: Brighton - UK | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged
zesovietrussian
SuperBlabberMouth!
Member # 1177

Icon 1 posted January 06, 2006 09:00      Profile for zesovietrussian     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Mohawk!!!
/thread
[evil]

On a more serious note, #1 looks pretty damn cute.

Posts: 1094 | From: Boston | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
fs

Member # 1181

Icon 1 posted January 06, 2006 09:10      Profile for fs   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ugh makes a good point, your hair looks naturally straight, so probably #2 or #3 would come out looking most like the pictures. You could go with #1, too, but it probably won't look much like the picture unless you go for a perm or commit to curling and styling it in the morning. Myself, I like the wash-and-go aspect of short hair. (Zesoviet's suggestion of a mohawk would be out of the running too, if that's the case.)

--------------------
I'm in ur database, makin' moar recordz.

Posts: 1973 | From: The Cat Ship | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
TMBWITW,PB

Member # 1734

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted January 06, 2006 10:10      Profile for TMBWITW,PB     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
After many opinions and much consideration I think I'm going with number 2. I like number 1 best but my hair is very straight so it might not work and Josh would like to have a bit more hair to play with for a while. So I'm getting the #2 cut this afternoon and if I think it needs to be shorter or different I can do that next month.

I'll post pictures after it's done!

--------------------
—Miss Piggy

TMBWITW,PB

Member # 1734

Member Rated:
Icon 10 posted January 06, 2006 19:20      Profile for TMBWITW,PB     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The deed is done!

-  -  -

--------------------
—Miss Piggy

GrumpySteen

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan
Member # 170

Icon 1 posted January 06, 2006 19:28      Profile for GrumpySteen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
[Applause]
Posts: 6364 | From: Tennessee | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
Rhonwyyn

Solid Gold SuperFan!
Member # 2854

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted January 06, 2006 19:37      Profile for Rhonwyyn   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Peebs, you are hands-down one of the most beautiful people I've ever known!!!

I really like the third shot of you... totally classic!

[Big Grin] [Applause] [Big Grin] [Applause] [thumbsup] [thumbsup]

--------------------

TMBWITW,PB

Member # 1734

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted January 06, 2006 19:52      Profile for TMBWITW,PB     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Rhonwyyn:
Peebs, you are hands-down one of the most beautiful people I've ever known!!!

I really like the third shot of you... totally classic!

[Big Grin] [Applause] [Big Grin] [Applause] [thumbsup] [thumbsup]

[blush] Thanks. I think the third shot is the best myself.

--------------------
—Miss Piggy

All times are Eastern Time
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

© 2015 Geek Culture