homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums

my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums   » Other Geeky Stuff   » Ask a Geek!   » IRC proxy banning

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: IRC proxy banning
Rhonwyyn

Solid Gold SuperFan!
Member # 2854

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted December 23, 2005 21:43      Profile for Rhonwyyn   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
code:
 [00:39] Logging in... 
[00:39] -valkyrie.freedomirc.net- *** Looking up your hostname...
[00:39] -valkyrie.freedomirc.net- *** Found your hostname (cached)
[00:39] -valkyrie.freedomirc.net- *** If you are having problems connecting due to ping timeouts, please type /quote pong F11D6F9B or /raw pong F11D6F9B now.
[00:39] -valkyrie.freedomirc.net- *** You are banned from FreedomIRC (Open Proxy found on your host. Please visit www.blitzed.org/proxy?ip=64.209.144.85 for more information.) Email [email protected] for more information.
[00:39] Error : Closing Link: Rhonwyyn[node85-144-209-64.1dial.com] (User has been banned from FreedomIRC (Open Proxy found on your host. Please visit www.blitzed.org/proxy?ip=64.209.144.85 for more information.))
[00:39] Disconnected from irc.freedomirc.net

ARGH! I've been getting messages like this all day, both through Gaim (SlashNET and FreedomIRC) and now through the chatroom on www.fiddleforum.com/fiddleforum (non-registered users aren't supposed to be able to access any of the forum). I was in the JoT channel this afternoon, but since then, I only get these error messages. I've gone to the Blitz site, but all it says is that my IP address hasn't been blacklisted. What do I do now?

--------------------
Change the way you SEE, not the way you LOOK!

Posts: 3849 | From: Lancaster, PA | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged
Kinguy
Geek
Member # 4527

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted December 24, 2005 00:04      Profile for Kinguy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

Rhonwyyn

Solid Gold SuperFan!
Member # 2854

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted December 24, 2005 11:07      Profile for Rhonwyyn   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Okay, here's my setup:

Home computer is Sony VAIO. Connecting to the Internet via Netconex dial-up. Using Gaim to connect to IRC/AIM/Y!M/MSN. Using Firefox to surf the Web. No proxies on my end, that I know of.

All of this is unrelated to my work question of a few days prior. I just want to be able to get on IRC at home!

--------------------

alfrin
Uber Geek
Member # 3836

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted December 24, 2005 12:47      Profile for alfrin     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The only thing I can think of is that your dial up connection goes through a proxy, I had similiar problems when I used AOL. I don't know any work around sorry [Frown]

--------------------
Art is Resistance / Resistance is Art

Posts: 813 | From: Nevada, USA | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged
Rhonwyyn

Solid Gold SuperFan!
Member # 2854

Member Rated:
Icon 2 posted December 25, 2005 11:05      Profile for Rhonwyyn   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The dumb thing is it just started happening a few days ago after working for almost a year. [Frown]

Thanks for trying to figure out an answer! [ohwell]

--------------------

Kinguy
Geek
Member # 4527

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted December 25, 2005 11:28      Profile for Kinguy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

All times are Eastern Time  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

2015 Geek Culture