homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums

my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums   » Other Geeky Stuff   » Ask a Geek!   » New York City Datacenter?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: New York City Datacenter?
Tut-an-Geek

SuperFan!
Member # 1234

Icon 1 posted August 18, 2005 20:18      Profile for Tut-an-Geek   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Does anyone know of a good datacenter in NYC (cheap) for small colocation (1 cabinetish - 48Uish)?
toshin
Single Celled Newbie
Member # 4283

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted August 19, 2005 10:34      Profile for toshin     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
have you tried asking the people at webhostingtalk.com ?
The-Tech
Geek
Member # 2506

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted August 21, 2005 19:19      Profile for The-Tech     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Tut

Check the NYLUG mailing list list archive conveniently located here NYLUG .
I'm sure I remember this coming up more than once.

--------------------
God not only plays dice with the universe,
he sometimes throws them where they cannot be seen
--- Stephen Hawking

A fanatic is one who can't change his mind and won't change the subject -- Winston Churchill

Posts: 128 | From: Third Stone from the Sun | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged
Tut-an-Geek

SuperFan!
Member # 1234

Icon 1 posted August 21, 2005 19:40      Profile for Tut-an-Geek   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by toshin:
have you tried asking the people at webhostingtalk.com ?

I don't usually go there because a lot of junk is posted there
quantumfluff
BlabberMouth, a Blabber Odyssey
Member # 450

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted August 22, 2005 07:59      Profile for quantumfluff     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Does anyone know of a good datacenter in NYC (cheap) for small colocation (1 cabinetish - 48Uish)?
Cheap does not go together with good, NYC and 48U.
You could probably save money by going to NJ, LI or Westchester. Either way, you'll have to visit the places to really get a feel for how they run their center.

Posts: 2902 | From: 5 to 15 meters above sea level | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged
Tut-an-Geek

SuperFan!
Member # 1234

Icon 1 posted August 22, 2005 13:54      Profile for Tut-an-Geek   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by quantumfluff:
Cheap does not go together with good, NYC and 48U.
You could probably save money by going to NJ, LI or Westchester. Either way, you'll have to visit the places to really get a feel for how they run their center.

Yeah, I was moderately afraid of both of those things.

All times are Eastern Time  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

2015 Geek Culture