homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums

my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums   » Other Geeky Stuff   » Ask a Geek!   » Need software for Samsung A600 phone to upload pictures free...

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Need software for Samsung A600 phone to upload pictures free...
Future Prodigy
Maximum Newbie
Member # 3417

Icon 1 posted May 17, 2005 14:25      Profile for Future Prodigy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have a samsung a600 camera phone and dont want to pay the ridiculous prices per picture and i know they have software out there which do it for free. Does anyone know where i can dl the software that lets me upload the pictures from my phone onto my computer?

Hope you guys/gals can help,
Jason

p.s it doens't have to be free, ill buy it but it has to let me transfer pics from the phone to my pc not pc to phone!

DoctorWho

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 392

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted May 17, 2005 15:39      Profile for DoctorWho     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Samsung doesn't seem to have any software to support that. If you have just recently bought it, return it quickly and get a phone that you can get the software to do what you want.

--------------------
Laughter is like changing a baby's diapers. It doesn't solve anything but it sure improves the situation. Leo F. Buscaglia

Posts: 1694 | From: The TARDIS | Registered: Apr 2000  |  IP: Logged
-ct-
BlabberMouth, the Next Generation
Member # 209

Icon 1 posted May 17, 2005 15:41      Profile for -ct-   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
http://www.boxwave.com/products/directsync/directsync-sync-and-charge-cable-samsung-sph-a660_292.htm

no doubt there will be a cable there for your specific model too

someday i'll get around to getting one, and hack my phone to get the star trek communicator sound to play when i flip it open... [Big Grin]

--------------------
Things are always darkest... just before you pull your head out of your butt, void where prohibited, keep away from flame, surcharge(s) may apply.

www.harddriveHELL.com and demoniclemon.com

Posts: 1906 | From: nowhere, man | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
DoctorWho

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 392

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted May 17, 2005 15:56      Profile for DoctorWho     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
-ct-

That is just the cable, he wants the software. The closest thing to what would meet his needs is this, but it only supports contact data and internet, not picture download.

I recently went through this at the end of last year. I did alot of research before I bought my cell phone because I wanted software that could edit the contacts and dowload and upload pictures. Finally settled on a Motorola V220. If he doesn't have the right software, the computer will not know what to do with his phone.

--------------------
Laughter is like changing a baby's diapers. It doesn't solve anything but it sure improves the situation. Leo F. Buscaglia

magefile
Highlie
Member # 2918

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted May 17, 2005 20:43      Profile for magefile     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
-ct-: Do that and I'll buy you a beer. Once I'm 21, that is.
Posts: 743 | From: Massachusetts | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged
-ct-
BlabberMouth, the Next Generation
Member # 209

Icon 1 posted May 17, 2005 21:13      Profile for -ct-   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
the cable comes with software, i thought

you should be able to at least connect the phone to the pc, once that's established you can do w/e you want

and what's the point of a flip-phone if it doesn't do that beepbeep-beepbeepbeep sound? [crazy]

--------------------
Things are always darkest... just before you pull your head out of your butt, void where prohibited, keep away from flame, surcharge(s) may apply.

www.harddriveHELL.com and demoniclemon.com

Posts: 1906 | From: nowhere, man | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
drunkennewfiemidget
BlabberMouth, a Blabber Odyssey
Member # 2814

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted May 18, 2005 06:35      Profile for drunkennewfiemidget     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by CrawGator:

I recently went through this at the end of last year. I did alot of research before I bought my cell phone because I wanted software that could edit the contacts and dowload and upload pictures. Finally settled on a Motorola V220. If he doesn't have the right software, the computer will not know what to do with his phone.

Coincidentally, I just purchased a cable/software kit on ebay for the Motorola V220 so we can fetch the pictures off of it...
Posts: 4897 | From: Cambridge, ON, Canada | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged
magefile
Highlie
Member # 2918

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted May 18, 2005 08:22      Profile for magefile     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I believe LG's phones have standard USB ports in the bottom (not all of 'em, just some). A bit steep for me, though - I'm getting the Vx6100. Finally, a phone with no induction coil interference!

--------------------
Let them be stupid - the market will sort it out.

Posts: 743 | From: Massachusetts | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged
DoctorWho

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 392

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted May 18, 2005 10:47      Profile for DoctorWho     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by -ct-:
the cable comes with software, i thought

Not always, I bought my cable without the software because I already had it.

quote:
you should be able to at least connect the phone to the pc, once that's established you can do w/e you want
Nope, I connected my phone before installing the software just to see what would happen. It just saw it as a phone, but it wouldn't let me into anything in the phone. It's like the computer was saying, "Yep that's a phone alright, now what?"

quote:
and what's the point of a flip-phone if it doesn't do that beepbeep-beepbeepbeep sound? [crazy]
If you make a flip-phone do that when you open it, you will be my hero.

--------------------

Future Prodigy
Maximum Newbie
Member # 3417

Icon 1 posted May 20, 2005 21:08      Profile for Future Prodigy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
damnnnn, i wanted to load my girlfriends naked pics onto my comp. I dun want to upload them to the net so everyone can see, and i dun want to havew to pay either
dragonman97

SuperFan!
Member # 780

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted May 20, 2005 21:38      Profile for dragonman97   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
/me sends an e-mail to your gf. Dude...you're probably better off not doing anything, lest some kind of ugliness ensue.

--------------------
There are three things you can be sure of in life: Death, taxes, and reading about fake illnesses online...

Posts: 9331 | From: Westchester County, New York | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Tom- geeking around

Member # 2876

Member Rated:
Icon 3 posted May 22, 2005 06:07      Profile for Tom- geeking around   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The easiest way?
Get a Nokia phone. The 7610 I have came with a cable and software. You can backup pretty much everything you can think of with this..

Very easy...

thomas

P.S: Oh.. I forgot: I am not sure if that software supports MAc though.. Thats why I love windows.. supported by everything.

--------------------
Pizza and ginormous jugs is what I need!

Posts: 374 | From: Vienna | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged
Tut-an-Geek

SuperFan!
Member # 1234

Icon 1 posted May 22, 2005 09:41      Profile for Tut-an-Geek   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
ah ha.
i'm getting a moto v710. it uses storage cards. so i just bought a storage card reader [Razz]

All times are Eastern Time  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

2015 Geek Culture