homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums

my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums   » Other Geeky Stuff   » Ask a Geek!   » hand held--help!!!!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: hand held--help!!!!
kingthursday
Single Celled Newbie
Member # 3781

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted April 04, 2005 06:27      Profile for kingthursday     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i have an ipaq 3600 i got the expansion pack and a 256 compact flash storage card i synced it up with my comp then synced up wmp on my comp with wmp on my ipaq but it stored the songs on the storage card and i cant get them to play on the ipaq any ideas
Posts: 2 | From: tennesse | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged
nit
Geek-in-Training
Member # 2690

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted April 04, 2005 07:59      Profile for nit     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Are you trying to put music on the storage card and then play it on the ipaq?

--------------------
Nit
_ _ ___________________________ _ _
Truth is like a blanket that always leaves your feet cold. You push it, stretch it, it'll never be enough. Kick at it, beat it, it'll never cover any of us. From the moment we enter crying, to the moment we leave dying, it'll just cover your face as you wail and cry and scream.

Brother Dysk
Geek Larva
Member # 3777

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted April 04, 2005 08:24      Profile for Brother Dysk     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ahem.
Posts: 25 | From: Hong Kong | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged
zesovietrussian
SuperBlabberMouth!
Member # 1177

Icon 1 posted April 04, 2005 09:32      Profile for zesovietrussian     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Why waste time with media player? Go to Windows Explorer, open up the ipaq folder, then go to the storage card. Make a "My Documents Folder," open it up and make a "My Music" folder. Dump all your mp3s in there, and you should be all set.

PS: Ever heard of commas and periods?

Posts: 1094 | From: Boston | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
n4dmx
Geek
Member # 3177

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted April 04, 2005 14:58      Profile for n4dmx     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Brother Dysk:
Ahem.

I second that. [Razz]
Posts: 218 | From: Georgia | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged
kingthursday
Single Celled Newbie
Member # 3781

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted April 04, 2005 21:10      Profile for kingthursday     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
yea i am wanting to store on storage and play on ipaq
Posts: 2 | From: tennesse | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged
zesovietrussian
SuperBlabberMouth!
Member # 1177

Icon 1 posted April 04, 2005 22:23      Profile for zesovietrussian     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dude, I just answered your question. Follow those steps, and you'll be able to play the mp3s using media player on your ipaq - launch media player, and you'll see all the songs you just added. If you still can't figure it out, I rest my case...
Posts: 1094 | From: Boston | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
jordanv
Assimilated
Member # 3189

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted April 04, 2005 22:51      Profile for jordanv     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
okay yeah when you use windows media player you go to open and then you change the directory which is at the top of the screen and go to your storage card and then look there they are so like you know that means you can play the songs so like thats what you wanted right
Posts: 364 | From: a house (in Sydney) | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged
nit
Geek-in-Training
Member # 2690

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted April 05, 2005 02:44      Profile for nit     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It concerns me that such an inarticulate and unsophisticate individual can own a complex gadget like an iPaq.

I hope never to be walking down the same street that they are driving down.

"Dudis im lookin fr that all-stop stopper, not tha 1 that u stamp on the won that u yse 2 stop all car cheerz guyzz yu da topzszests!!!!!11one lol"

--------------------
Nit
Truth is like a blanket that always leaves your feet cold. You push it, stretch it, it'll never be enough. Kick at it, beat it, it'll never cover any of us. From the moment we enter crying, to the moment we leave dying, it'll just cover your face as you wail and cry and scream.

jordanv
Assimilated
Member # 3189

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted April 05, 2005 05:16      Profile for jordanv     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by nit:
iPaq.

Hey how long is it before Apple sues?
Posts: 364 | From: a house (in Sydney) | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged
nit
Geek-in-Training
Member # 2690

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted April 05, 2005 06:43      Profile for nit     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
personally I await iGoog

--------------------
Nit

All times are Eastern Time  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

2015 Geek Culture