homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums

my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums   » Other Geeky Stuff   » Ask a Geek!   » which magazine to subscribe? (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Author Topic: which magazine to subscribe?
Luxxie
Maximum Newbie
Member # 3549

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted March 05, 2005 13:09      Profile for Luxxie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey whatever happened to Zoo Books? Everyone knows that the real hardcore scientists rely on Zoo Books for all of their...hardcore scientific needs. Um, yeah.

Seriously though, I would definitely recommend New Scientist. Slightly off topic, but did anyone see this article about the origins of teenage rebellion? lol If only my parents had read that back in the day...

Oh wait, I was a goody goody. Nevermind. [blush]

--------------------
I beat the internet;
the end guy was hard!

Posts: 10 | From: Neverland | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged
Cheraw
Discontinued

Icon 1 posted October 07, 2005 00:42            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I still prefer National Geographic, for its photos of nude women with wondrously pendulant breasts and men with improbable penis sheaths. 'Course, I used to like the Sears and Roebuck catalogue, for its underwear section,

These days, we have to settle for "Victoria's Secret" which is run by a good friend of mine.

Cheraw

IP: Logged
ChildeRoland
Alpha Geek
Member # 3880

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted October 07, 2005 04:01      Profile for ChildeRoland     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wired doesn't even do "science writing" it's all a bunch of "what's trendy" BS anymore.

--------------------
=====================
Childe Roland

dragonman97

SuperFan!
Member # 780

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted October 07, 2005 06:34      Profile for dragonman97   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
MIT's Technology Review. DDJ. Linux Journal.

--------------------
There are three things you can be sure of in life: Death, taxes, and reading about fake illnesses online...

Posts: 9332 | From: Westchester County, New York | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
ASM65816
SuperBlabberMouth!
Member # 712

Member Rated:
Icon 12 posted October 07, 2005 07:42      Profile for ASM65816   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Popular Mechanics! ... They had an article where Jay Leno got a motorcycle with a helicopter jet engine in it. Over 320 hp, perfect for everyone!   [Wink]

No, wait it gets "only 4 to 6 mpg."   [Eek!]

http://www.popularmechanics.com/automotive/sub_coll_leno/1302876.html

For cool historical stuff: Invention & Technology
  http://inventionandtechnology.com/

--------------------
Once a proud programmer of Apple II's, he now spends his days and nights in cheap dives fraternizing with exotic dancers....

Posts: 1035 | From: Third rock from sun. | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged

All times are Eastern Time
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

2015 Geek Culture