homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums

my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums   » Other Geeky Stuff   » Ask a Geek!   » Drug of Choice? (Page 3)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3 

Author Topic: Drug of Choice?
Mike M
Maximum Newbie
Member # 3100

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted November 24, 2004 00:06      Profile for Mike M   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by FatGnome:
heh heh in all reality I like adrenalin the best. Sure it is self produced but there is a huge impact from that chemical.

Indeed. I love the rush of adrenaline I get from exercise. I'm pretty sure it's about the only resaon I excersie (and to attract the ladies [Razz] ). I'm at my writing best when I'm pumped full of adrenaline and caffeine [Wink]

My regimine is usually 4-6 cans of pop (or soda or coke as it's called elsewhere) a day, preferrably at least 3 of those cans are diet dr. pepper. When it gets cold out, or I want an extra rush of energy (for paper writing, as I should be doing right now [evil] ) I switch to coffee, usually at least half a pot, usually closer to a full pot.

When I get my hands on penguin mints, I eat them like candy sometimes and go absolutely nuts. So I usually avoid them, unless I feel like a cup of crazy go nuts. [Eek!] (Looks at the tin on the desk...)

When work is exceptionally stressful, a Redheaded Slut is good (a drink: jaegger, peach schnopps, & cranberry), but that's pretty rare. Usually just one or two Mike's a week, preferrably with friends.

--------------------
Mike

"Everyone dies frustrated and sad, and that is beautiful." - Don't Let's Start - They Might Be Giants

Posts: 17 | From: Rochester, MN | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged
R0x0r_G0dd3ss
Geek-in-Training
Member # 3041

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted December 07, 2004 10:01      Profile for R0x0r_G0dd3ss     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
*Deep breath*
Coffee, chai, wine, beer, whisky, Bawls, any form of caffinated mints (for the quick fix), Mountain Dew, Cherry Coke, Pepsi, Mocha anything, frozen drinks with chocolate, orange spice tea, coffee in cans (that you can get from any Asian food market...mm), Fruit Loops, Chocolate, and cigarettes. My hands shake, but that's okay because that keeps me awake, too.

--------------------
Ph33r my l337 n3kk1d skillz!!!

R0x0r_G0dd3ss
Geek-in-Training
Member # 3041

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted December 07, 2004 10:03      Profile for R0x0r_G0dd3ss     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm sorry, I forgot. Beer and Red Bull. Mixed. Or seperate...

--------------------
Ph33r my l337 n3kk1d skillz!!!

Twinkle Toes
BlabberMouth, the Next Generation
Member # 1208

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted December 12, 2004 22:32      Profile for Twinkle Toes   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Carbonated fruit drinks seem to be my drug of choice. I love apple cider. Pink lemonade and grapefruit are also lovely, as well as cranberry juice mixed with Perrier or a bit of white zinfandel. But hot apple cider sounds really good right now... mmmmm.

Tea also seems to be very addictive, though it gives me no energy. I drink about 2.5 pots a day. My favourites are Jasmine, Earl Grey, Orange Pekoe, and Chamomile.

Espresso is oki but too expensive. My favourite espresso drink is the Peppermint Mocha that comes out during the concurrent holiday season, which I have not ordered yet and likely will not. I find the flavour of drip coffee more enjoyable. Irish Cream and Columbian are the most soothing for me.

I think I'm the only one on the planet that dislikes Mt. Dew. It yields absolutely no energy, and I don't even like the taste. *Shrug* Caffeine functions inversely in my system (makes me tired).

Posts: 1617 | From: a membrane near you! | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
Demosthenes
SuperBlabberMouth!
Member # 530

Icon 1 posted December 12, 2004 22:54      Profile for Demosthenes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I like my coffee like I like my women: ground up and in the freezer.

Err. Anyway.

My drugs of choice tend to vary with the quality day; cigarettes are a constant, of course. Coffee every morning, at least three large cups a day, often iced. (I find it easier to keep down iced coffee when I've been drinking heavily...which happens to be most days lately. O shame.)

Most of my days are punctuated with either Jameson's whiskey, straight, or Jagermeister and Red Bull.

Yesterday's medication schedule would illustrate a common Bad Day: wake up, meet up with the philandering boyfriend, be subsequently blown off by the philandering boyfriend, down a pot of stale coffee with a fistful of ice cubes tossed in, start chainsmoking, start drinking whiskey, start drinking vodka, return to whiskey, realize that I'm too drunk to walk to the door to go smoke, halt chainsmoking, return to whiskey, black out, wake up, return to whiskey, black out, wake up the next morning, restart chainsmoking, make coffee with the last of the whiskey.

And here I am.

(That was kind of therapeutic.)

Who needs a drink?
And who thinks I need to start AA?

HaloNine
Geek Larva
Member # 3138

Icon 1 posted December 16, 2004 08:17      Profile for HaloNine         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Drug of choice: Coffee (milk/two sugars)
Illegal Drug of choice: Cannabis

Posts: 27 | From: New Jersey | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged
MacManKrisK

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 955

Member Rated:
Icon 14 posted December 16, 2004 23:37      Profile for MacManKrisK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by HaloNine:

^^^^^^^^^^
(What she said)

--------------------
"Buy low, sell high
get rich and you still die"

Posts: 2331 | From: Southwest Michigan, USA | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Too Cool To Quit
SuperBlabberMouth!
Member # 2217

Icon 1 posted December 17, 2004 08:35      Profile for Too Cool To Quit     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by MacManKrisK:
quote:
Originally posted by HaloNine:

^^^^^^^^^^
(What she said)

^^^^^^^^^^
(What they said)

--------------------
Alright now, that's the last straw, I'm calling the ass taxidermist to tell him to stop making hats in your size RIGHT NOW.

Posts: 1097 | From: North Carolina | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged
Shinaku
Alpha Geek
Member # 2027

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted December 17, 2004 12:49      Profile for Shinaku   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I used to drink a lot of energy drinks to keep my awake, but as of the last 4 months I have been drinking an increasing amount of coffee. Nescafe black - uber strong while I am working, and usually Maxwell house Capachino with *lots* of chocolate when I just want something nice to relax with.

...of course, and the Vodka =P

Posts: 312 | From: Sheffield, UK | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged
GMx

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan!
Member # 1523

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted December 17, 2004 13:23      Profile for GMx     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Cyanide-to kill this stupid thread. [evil]
Posts: 5844 | From: S-4, Area 51 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged
ooby
Highlie
Member # 2603

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted December 17, 2004 17:13      Profile for ooby     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
All this caffiene... [Eek!]

If I drink a 16oz hot chocolate too fast, or two cups of tea, I go nuts. I also have to worry about palpitations if I have too much caffiene. Yet, somehow mountain dew does nothing.

I usually prefer a balanced breakfast and a protein shake. Also, if I'm tired a short jog or walk helps get the blood flowing again.

--------------------
"haven't you ever wondered if there's more to life than being really, really, rediculously good looking?"

Posts: 680 | From: South Jersey | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged
klynn
Mini Geek
Member # 3019

Member Rated:
Icon 14 posted December 19, 2004 23:49      Profile for klynn   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Twinkle Toes:
Tea also seems to be very addictive, though it gives me no energy. I drink about 2.5 pots a day. My favourites are Jasmine, Earl Grey, Orange Pekoe, and Chamomile.

Hot Chamomile with a peppermint candy cane in it!!!! Try it! Yum!

--------------------
Caution: Comments may or may not reflect the actual opinions of the author.

Posts: 62 | From: USA - Saint Albans | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged
n4dmx
Geek
Member # 3177

Member Rated:
Icon 14 posted December 29, 2004 01:58      Profile for n4dmx     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Chai is good, especially with a splash of spiced rum.

Adding gin to Bawls also works well.

Posts: 218 | From: Georgia | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged
Shadira
Maximum Newbie
Member # 3205

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted January 10, 2005 23:01      Profile for Shadira     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I suppose my drug of choice would be buttercremem frosting straight from the can. It picks me up when I am down and gives me energy to burn so I don't gain weight from it.
Posts: 11 | From: San Bernardino, CA | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged
Alephcat
Alpha Geek
Member # 2617

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted January 11, 2005 01:31      Profile for Alephcat   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
well my current drug of choice would seem to be a dry Martini and episodes of M*A*S*H, we managed to get through over a pint of the Martini last night, and that was only on one glass each.
Posts: 300 | From: Chester | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged

All times are Eastern Time
This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3 

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

2015 Geek Culture