homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums

my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums   » Other Geeky Stuff   » Ask a Geek!   » Drug of Choice? (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3 

Author Topic: Drug of Choice?
Mac D
BlabberMouth, the Next Generation
Member # 2926

Icon 1 posted November 04, 2004 11:42      Profile for Mac D     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ice tea and Ciclon is really good. tastes just like a Long Island ice tea just not a strong.

--------------------
There's nothing wrong with me, This is how I'm supposed to be.

Posts: 1449 | From: Where I am is very relative to my location at that time. | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged
Bibo
BlabberMouth, the Next Generation
Member # 1959

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 04, 2004 12:02      Profile for Bibo   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Mac D:
Ice tea and Ciclon is really good. tastes just like a Long Island ice tea just not a strong.

Yikes that stuff sounds as scary as the tequila spiked beer!

I do like Bombay Sapphire & Tonic or Scotch on the rocks, but I could hardly call Alcohol a geek stimulant drug since alcohol is a depressant.

I think this thread is more about the stuff that keeps us awake and stimulated to do our geeky things if you look at the 1st post of this thread.

Posts: 1641 | From: Grand Rapids, MI | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Black Widow
Uber Geek
Member # 3046

Icon 1 posted November 04, 2004 15:11      Profile for Black Widow     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I dig on "Monster" energy drinks. I can stay up all night on one of those. [crazy]
Posts: 931 | From: Missouri | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged
zboy
Mini Geek
Member # 2969

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 04, 2004 15:39      Profile for zboy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My drug of choice is good old fashioned hot chocolate. Nothing special, just hot chocolate.
Posts: 72 | From: A galaxy far, far, away ... | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged
The Famous Druid

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 1769

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 04, 2004 16:19      Profile for The Famous Druid     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by zboy:
My drug of choice is good old fashioned hot chocolate. Nothing special, just hot chocolate.

Hot chocolate with rum is very nice on a cold winters night.

(followed by a nice single-malt)

--------------------
If you watch 'The History Of NASA' backwards, it's about a space agency that has no manned spaceflight capability, then does low-orbit flights, then lands on the Moon.

Posts: 10680 | From: Melbourne, Australia | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
chick2geek
Geek Larva
Member # 3052

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 04, 2004 18:40      Profile for chick2geek   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Black Widow:
I dig on "Monster" energy drinks. I can stay up all night on one of those. [crazy]

My other Geek Chick friend swears by those. I tried RockStar, Red Bull, Kick ASS etc... but for some reason all of those taste like cough medicine. I'm trying to get my friend hooked on Bawls. Ever tried one? One drink, and you'll never go back!

--------------------
“The battle of the sexes will NEVER be won… there is too much fraternizing with the enemy”

Posts: 28 | From: ID | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged
Rhonwyyn

Solid Gold SuperFan!
Member # 2854

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 04, 2004 18:49      Profile for Rhonwyyn   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I haven't decided yet what I like the best, so I usually switch back and forth between hot mint tea with honey and coffee with hot chocolate mix (the kind with the little marshmallows!). I figured out a really good variation on the latter a few days ago: Fill a beverage container with chocolate marshmallow ice cream, pour coffee over it, then put a scoop of Cool Whip (not the aerosol stuff out of a can) on top. It's soooo good (but incredibly bad for me so I haven't had it since then).

--------------------
Change the way you SEE, not the way you LOOK!

Posts: 3849 | From: Lancaster, PA | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged
Tut-an-Geek

SuperFan!
Member # 1234

Icon 1 posted November 04, 2004 18:56      Profile for Tut-an-Geek   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by chick2geek:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Black Widow:
[qb]One drink, and you'll never go back!

I seem to be allergic to something in bawls. I had one once, and I vomitted it back up within an hour.

Btw, anyone ever tried Ultra-Violet Bull? I hear that it's much more powerfull than Red Bull (Though I'm not sure if we're on the same wavelength here) [Razz]

SpikeSpiegel
BlabberMouth, a Blabber Odyssey
Member # 1452

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 04, 2004 19:37      Profile for SpikeSpiegel     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Tut: maybe the Taurine/Guarana? dunno if they put taurine in there.

--------------------
its been a while

Posts: 3090 | From: Boston | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged
TMBWITW,PB

Member # 1734

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 04, 2004 21:08      Profile for TMBWITW,PB     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by The Famous Druid:
]Hot chocolate with rum is very nice on a cold winters night.

I just tried some hot chocolate with a little coconut Bacardi. DAMN that's good. [Big Grin] [thumbsup]

--------------------
"Beauty is in the eye of the beholder and it may be necessary from time to time to give a stupid or misinformed beholder a black eye."
—Miss Piggy

Posts: 4010 | From: my couch | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
The Famous Druid

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 1769

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 04, 2004 21:41      Profile for The Famous Druid     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by TMBWITW,PB:
quote:
Originally posted by The Famous Druid:
]Hot chocolate with rum is very nice on a cold winters night.

I just tried some hot chocolate with a little coconut Bacardi. DAMN that's good. [Big Grin] [thumbsup]
Have 2 or 3, then drop on over to this thread [Wink]

--------------------
If you watch 'The History Of NASA' backwards, it's about a space agency that has no manned spaceflight capability, then does low-orbit flights, then lands on the Moon.

Posts: 10680 | From: Melbourne, Australia | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
chick2geek
Geek Larva
Member # 3052

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 04, 2004 21:46      Profile for chick2geek   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Tut-an-Geek:
Btw, anyone ever tried Ultra-Violet Bull? I hear that it's much more powerfull than Red Bull (Though I'm not sure if we're on the same wavelength here) [Razz]

Where do you get Ultra-Violet Bull? Do they make a "Hint-O-Fuchsia Bull" too?

As for the "Puking" of the Bawls. Maybe you are not used to the taste of Bawls in your mouth. Was it your first time? [Wink]

dragonman97

SuperFan!
Member # 780

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 04, 2004 23:06      Profile for dragonman97   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
quote:

Where do you get Ultra-Violet Bull? Do they make a "Hint-O-Fuchsia Bull" too?

As for the "Puking" of the Bawls. Maybe you are not used to the taste of Bawls in your mouth. Was it your first time? [Wink]

Darn it, I was good, and refrained from every possible joke to that effect. Seeing as Tut's a guy, I'd wager that he's not one for sucking on Bawls, particularly now that he knows he can't take it.

(and yes, I know that could be misconstrued, and I'm going to leave it as is.)

--------------------
There are three things you can be sure of in life: Death, taxes, and reading about fake illnesses online...

Posts: 9332 | From: Westchester County, New York | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
californiarockr
Assimilated
Member # 1986

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 04, 2004 23:58      Profile for californiarockr     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
tea and coffee.

tea only if the gf makes it for me, or if its raspberry or peach iced tea (not much caffiene there tho)

coffee- however i can get it. frappachino, triple macchiatto, 4 starbucks canned double shots, or a large cup of strong black plain coffee (or with cream and sugar)-anything it takes

bawls, rockstar, red bull and such=ovverrated and overpriced compared to a pot of strong coffee

--------------------
lol

Posts: 361 | From: guess... :/ | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged
Black Widow
Uber Geek
Member # 3046

Icon 1 posted November 05, 2004 16:28      Profile for Black Widow     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
I'm trying to get my friend hooked on Bawls. Ever tried one? One drink, and you'll never go back!

I have tried "the energy drink known as 'Bawls'" (to avoid in confusion and mixed connotations). I like it but the closest store that carries it is over an hour away. I know, I can order it from thinkgeek too.
Posts: 931 | From: Missouri | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged
chick2geek
Geek Larva
Member # 3052

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 06, 2004 07:39      Profile for chick2geek   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Black Widow:
I have tried "the energy drink known as 'Bawls'" (to avoid in confusion and mixed connotations). I like it but the closest store that carries it is over an hour away. I know, I can order it from thinkgeek too.

I say, make a pilgrimage to that store an hour away and make a deal with the store owner, you will buy a few cases and he can give you a discount. Works for me all the time. Then all you have to do is reach in the fridge, or the back seat of your car... and grab some BAWLS... and you are set for the day.

--------------------
“The battle of the sexes will NEVER be won… there is too much fraternizing with the enemy”

chick2geek
Geek Larva
Member # 3052

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 06, 2004 07:41      Profile for chick2geek   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by dragonman97:
Darn it, I was good, and refrained from every possible joke to that effect. Seeing as Tut's a guy, I'd wager that he's not one for sucking on Bawls, particularly now that he knows he can't take it.

(and yes, I know that could be misconstrued, and I'm going to leave it as is.)

You are nicer than me, I use the drink's name to make quite a few references. [evil]

--------------------

Xanthine

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan!
Member # 736

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 06, 2004 08:16      Profile for Xanthine     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

Well, seeing as it's across the visible spectrum from red, I'd say it's much more energetic. [Razz]

--------------------
And it's one, two, three / On the wrong side of the lee / What were you meant for? / What were you meant for?
- The Decemberists

Posts: 7670 | From: the lab | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
FatGnome
Highlie
Member # 1068

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 06, 2004 09:38      Profile for FatGnome     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Before I play Ultimate I drink 1 Monster Engery Drink and one Mt. Dew. Then eat a bag of doritos. There ya go Carb loaded and caffined up for a day of running. If i am not doing the running then I stick with between 48 and 72 oz of Mt. Dew a day.

--------------------
What a complete and utter waste of time to read my Signature don't you think?

Posts: 559 | From: Idaho | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged
Stibbons
SuperBlabberMouth!
Member # 2515

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 06, 2004 11:29      Profile for Stibbons   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by FatGnome:
Before I play Ultimate I drink 1 Monster Engery Drink and one Mt. Dew.

Ultimate! What a game! Really want to play but I just don't have the time at the moment - thought the same principle applies with my sports of choice (rowing and baseball), lots of coffee and/or cola for the caffiene, potato based substance for the carbs, and raw jelly after (don't ask) for the sugar hit.
Posts: 1143 | From: UK | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged
Too Cool To Quit
SuperBlabberMouth!
Member # 2217

Icon 1 posted November 07, 2004 20:37      Profile for Too Cool To Quit     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I tend to hover over a bottle of scotch these days. And, when not that, I hover over a Corona. I also tend not to get a whole lot of work done. I will further investigate to see if there is a connection between the two. [Wink]

--------------------
Alright now, that's the last straw, I'm calling the ass taxidermist to tell him to stop making hats in your size RIGHT NOW.

Posts: 1097 | From: North Carolina | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged
quantumfluff
Member # 450

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 08, 2004 08:10      Profile for quantumfluff     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Caffiene in any form (plain coffee, espresso or tea) until 5pm.
Wine with dinner
Decaf after that
On the weekends my drug of choice is good Bourbon or Single Malt Scotch. (Lately it's been Makers Mark and Glen Morengie (Sherry Cask Finish))

I'll drink the Red Bull's and Mountain Dews when offered, but I find them too sweet. The exception: Nothing beats a bladder-buster size Mt. Dew after a day of skiing.

Posts: 2902 | From: 5 to 15 meters above sea level | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged
bull3t
Assimilated
Member # 852

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 11, 2004 09:29      Profile for bull3t     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
come now, people! alcohol is not a drug. its an intoxicant, yes. it temporarily alters your mind, yes. but a drug? no. meth is a drug, heroin is a drug. cocaine? yup. alcohol? nope.

and i'm not just saying that cause i woke up drunk this morning...

but seriously, though. my drug of choice is bomb ass chronic. yes, i'm a pothead. i have no problem saying it. i haven't smoked in over a week (quit so i could get a job on the local air force base), but its still my drug of choice. people who wanna talk shit, let em talk. no ones perfect.

[Big Grin]

</wokeupdrunkrant>

--------------------
GC's Mosthated.
"I don’t care if people hate my guts; I assume most of them do. The important question is whether they are in a position to do anything about it."
-William S Burroughs

Posts: 435 | From: Ogden, UT | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
drunkennewfiemidget
Member # 2814

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 11, 2004 09:31      Profile for drunkennewfiemidget     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=drug

quote:

# A chemical substance, such as a narcotic or hallucinogen, that affects the central nervous system, causing changes in behavior and often addiction.

Hm. Alcohol seems to fit that description to me.

Alcohol is most certainly a drug. And it's worse than marijuana as far as I'm concerned.

Posts: 4897 | From: Cambridge, ON, Canada | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged
FatGnome
Highlie
Member # 1068

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 12, 2004 16:22      Profile for FatGnome     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
heh heh in all reality I like adrenalin the best. Sure it is self produced but there is a huge impact from that chemical.

--------------------
What a complete and utter waste of time to read my Signature don't you think?

Posts: 559 | From: Idaho | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged

All times are Eastern Time
This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3 

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

© 2015 Geek Culture