homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums

my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums   » Other Geeky Stuff   » Ask a Geek!   » algerbra problems (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Author Topic: algerbra problems
kbuzz
Maximum Newbie
Member # 3038

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted October 27, 2004 09:09      Profile for kbuzz   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
will someone please help me with my algerbra homework?
Posts: 14 | From: north dakota | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged
Mac D
BlabberMouth, the Next Generation
Member # 2926

Icon 1 posted October 27, 2004 09:16      Profile for Mac D     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
How does that help you? Reasearch is a great thing you can start Here

--------------------
There's nothing wrong with me, This is how I'm supposed to be.

Posts: 1449 | From: Where I am is very relative to my location at that time. | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged
spungo
BlabberMouth, a Blabber Odyssey
Member # 1089

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted October 27, 2004 09:17      Profile for spungo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes, but I charge three groats per problem. What is it?
Posts: 6529 | From: Noba Scoba | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged
dragonman97

SuperFan!
Member # 780

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted October 27, 2004 09:20      Profile for dragonman97   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Mac D: You got the link wrong - here's the right link. Maybe it's a little less appropriate, but I think it drives the point home [Smile] .

--------------------
There are three things you can be sure of in life: Death, taxes, and reading about fake illnesses online...

Posts: 9331 | From: Westchester County, New York | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
kbuzz
Maximum Newbie
Member # 3038

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted October 27, 2004 10:23      Profile for kbuzz   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
umm to whoever gave me the link to google i did google it and it gave me this site as an option
kbuzz
Maximum Newbie
Member # 3038

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted October 27, 2004 10:24      Profile for kbuzz   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by spungo:
Yes, but I charge three groats per problem. What is it?

what are graots first of all
Mac D
Member # 2926

Icon 1 posted October 27, 2004 10:28      Profile for Mac D     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Really?

I think Google may be conspiring against us ..... I really want to expose a conspiracy if anyone hasn't noticed.

We can give you tips if post the question but it would be wrong to just give you answers.

--------------------

Posts: 1449 | From: Where I am is very relative to my location at that time. | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged
kbuzz
Maximum Newbie
Member # 3038

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted October 27, 2004 10:42      Profile for kbuzz   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Mac D:
Really?

I think Google may be conspiring against us ..... I really want to expose a conspiracy if anyone hasn't noticed.

We can give you tips if post the question but it would be wrong to just give you answers.

thats fine i dont want the answer i want to know how to do it my self
dragonman97

SuperFan!
Member # 780

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted October 27, 2004 10:49      Profile for dragonman97   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
In the interest of politeness, I will not use the fun feature of the aformentioned site to redirect you to the Google query, but instead, I will just say this:
Have you *tried* Googling "algebra help." It sure looks like there are a lot of site out there.

I've got an even better idea, though - ask your teacher(s) or parent(s) for help!

--------------------
There are three things you can be sure of in life: Death, taxes, and reading about fake illnesses online...

Posts: 9331 | From: Westchester County, New York | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
klynn
Mini Geek
Member # 3019

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted October 27, 2004 11:03      Profile for klynn   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by dragonman97:
I've got an even better idea, though - ask your teacher(s) or parent(s) for help!

Parents?! Are you nuts?! Don't you know that our children think we are moronic sludge created to make their lives hell?

--------------------
Caution: Comments may or may not reflect the actual opinions of the author.

Posts: 62 | From: USA - Saint Albans | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged
kbuzz
Maximum Newbie
Member # 3038

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted October 27, 2004 11:05      Profile for kbuzz   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
DONT HAVE PARENTS
Mac D
Member # 2926

Icon 1 posted October 27, 2004 11:16      Profile for Mac D     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
kbuzz,

That is a really cool website you made.

--------------------

spungo
Member # 1089

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted October 27, 2004 11:26      Profile for spungo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
KBuzz - thing is, we're a little bit wary of folk showing up here just to ask us to solve a problem for them so they can bugger off again - this has happened before - hence the slightly hostile reception. But rest assured - most people here are actually quite helpful.

If you were to explain what you're stuck on, I'm sure someone here will be able to give you some pointers.

--------------------
Shameless plug. (Please forgive me.)

Posts: 6529 | From: Noba Scoba | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged
kbuzz
Maximum Newbie
Member # 3038

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted October 27, 2004 11:30      Profile for kbuzz   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Mac D:
kbuzz,

That is a really cool website you made.

THANK YOU VERY MUCH [Big Grin]
dragonman97

SuperFan!
Member # 780

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted October 27, 2004 11:33      Profile for dragonman97   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by kbuzz:
DONT HAVE PARENTS

See your teacher. I'm assuming you're not asking us out of idle curiosity, as most people who are older have the basic training to do the math, or know how to find the answers. I return to the first point I made: YOUR TEACHER. I'm assuming you're doing this for a class, and therefore, should ask the person who assigned this to you for help.

And for the latter part, let me be pedantic - Ask your "parent or guardian."

--------------------

kbuzz
Maximum Newbie
Member # 3038

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted October 27, 2004 11:37      Profile for kbuzz   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
KBuzz - thing is, we're a little bit wary of folk showing up here just to ask us to solve a problem for them so they can bugger off again - this has happened before - hence the slightly hostile reception. But rest assured - most people here are actually quite helpful.

If you were to explain what you're stuck on, I'm sure someone here will be able to give you some pointers.

THAT IS UNDERSTANDABLE AND WHEN I GET A SECOND ILL TYPE MY PROBLEM OUT [Big Grin]
Tut-an-Geek

SuperFan!
Member # 1234

Icon 1 posted October 27, 2004 11:47      Profile for Tut-an-Geek   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
quote:

THAT IS UNDERSTANDABLE AND WHEN I GET A SECOND ILL TYPE MY PROBLEM OUT [Big Grin]
You also may want to check out how COOL IT IS, DUDE to turn off the caps-lock key, every once in a while.
kbuzz
Maximum Newbie
Member # 3038

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted October 27, 2004 12:19      Profile for kbuzz   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Tut-an-Geek:
quote:
quote:

You also may want to check out how COOL IT IS, DUDE to turn off the caps-lock key, every once in a while.
sorry i was doing something for work and just left it on
Mac D
Member # 2926

Icon 1 posted October 27, 2004 12:21      Profile for Mac D     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have that problem all the time. I usually catch it before I make a post but not on IM's.

--------------------

kbuzz
Maximum Newbie
Member # 3038

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted October 27, 2004 12:32      Profile for kbuzz   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
ok so here is one of my problems
i have the answer i just dont know exactly how i got it
8k^2 + 34k + 35

dragonman97

SuperFan!
Member # 780

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted October 27, 2004 13:02      Profile for dragonman97   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&lr=&client=firefox-a&q=quadratic+equation+help&btnG=Search

--------------------

kbuzz
Maximum Newbie
Member # 3038

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted October 27, 2004 13:52      Profile for kbuzz   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
you know i dont mean to sound like a bitch or anything but the name of this forum is Ask a Geek and when i ask you just gimme links to google which isnt really helping so im guessing this site isnt bout helping people its just to make fun of people who arent that smart and for y'all to talk bout tchnology science and math?
Mac D
Member # 2926

Icon 1 posted October 27, 2004 14:00      Profile for Mac D     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
We try to help and we get insulted [Frown]

You don't have to be suh a bully

--------------------

Tut-an-Geek

SuperFan!
Member # 1234

Icon 1 posted October 27, 2004 14:10      Profile for Tut-an-Geek   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
ok so here is one of my problems
i have the answer i just dont know exactly how i got it
8k^2 + 34k + 35

You just gave us an expression?
Perhaps are you leaving something terribly important out, such as "=0" or "Factor".

littlefish
Member # 966

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted October 27, 2004 14:25      Profile for littlefish   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
8k^2 + 34k + 35

=64,003,4035

Assuming k = 1000.

What's your problem? To be honest, your queries so far are too vague for us to be able to help you in any meaningful way.

Posts: 2421 | From: That London | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged

All times are Eastern Time
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

2015 Geek Culture