homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums

my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums   » Other Geeky Stuff   » Ask a Geek!   » Office Space Red Swingline Stapler

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Office Space Red Swingline Stapler
SimpleMan
Geek Apprentice
Member # 2860

Rate Member
Icon 5 posted September 01, 2004 05:49      Profile for SimpleMan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
OK, I am curious about this stappler. I see it being sold on www.thinkgeek.com and my fiance saw the stappler and has also seen the movie and she "gets it". OK, dont hate me here but I never saw Office Space...which I plan on watching soon, but what is the deal with the red stappler and why does it have such a geek following behind it?

--------------------
Wrote a song bout it, like to hear it....here it go

Posts: 47 | From: Virginia, USA | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged
drunkennewfiemidget
BlabberMouth, a Blabber Odyssey
Member # 2814

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted September 01, 2004 06:03      Profile for drunkennewfiemidget     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Office Space is an absolutely GREAT movie. It's like.. practically a cult classic.

In the movie, Stephen Root (from King of the Hill fame [does the voice of Bill]) plays a guy by the name of Milton.

Milton is a weird mumbling idiot who always complains to the boss, "you took my red stapler. that is my red stapler"... he does it in a rather hilarious way too.

There is no excuse in the world to not have seen Office Space. Go see it.

Now.

Posts: 4897 | From: Cambridge, ON, Canada | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged
SimpleMan
Geek Apprentice
Member # 2860

Rate Member
Icon 10 posted September 01, 2004 07:01      Profile for SimpleMan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
OK, I will go rent the DVD and if it is that good I will end up buying it. I amnot much of a movie guy. I am more into movies like Hot Shots, Wargames, the Naken Gun series, Police Academey, Finding Nemo, Brother Bear and one of my all time favorites Fried Green Tomatoes. [Smile] Just so you get the idea. I will go and rent the DVD. Thanks for the help here. [Smile]

--------------------

SimpleMan
Geek Apprentice
Member # 2860

Rate Member
Icon 14 posted September 02, 2004 18:52      Profile for SimpleMan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
OK guys, I finally saw that movie. I just finished watching it. Now I could have done with some of the F this and that but other than that the movie is absolutely great. I do not know what else to say, the movie is without a doubt a geek classic. Now i get it...the whole stapler thing is just great. Poor Milton LOL. Thanks for the help on this one, that movie was great.

--------------------

drunkennewfiemidget
BlabberMouth, a Blabber Odyssey
Member # 2814

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted September 03, 2004 04:22      Profile for drunkennewfiemidget     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey dude, watch your cornhole!
Posts: 4897 | From: Cambridge, ON, Canada | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged
SimpleMan
Geek Apprentice
Member # 2860

Rate Member
Icon 10 posted September 03, 2004 06:01      Profile for SimpleMan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I gotta admit that the movie was very funny and like i said could have done without the cussing and such. The end of it was great...the building is on fire and we all know who did it but still there is Milton with no stapler...on an island, rich as all get out, and still still complaining. You gotta love that. Now that I get the whole point of the stapler....I just so happen to know of someone who would love one of those red staplers, so I might just go get them one. LOL

All times are Eastern Time  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

2015 Geek Culture