homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums

my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums   » Other Geeky Stuff   » Ask a Geek!   » Help with DSL connection

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Help with DSL connection
dunjamon
Mini Geek
Member # 2701

Member Rated:
Icon 5 posted August 11, 2004 04:01      Profile for dunjamon   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm back at my dad's using the world's worst ISP (AOL). They don't support broadband on the mac in the UK. Do any of you nice people out there know how I can connect to AOL on my iBook as I need to download some updates for OSX 10.3? I was toying with the idea of using a router through my windows box but would like to know whether this would work beforehand as I don't want to spend money on it to find that it is useless.

I'm using:
PC running Win XP Home
iBook 1.25Ghz running Panther
AOL 1MB DSL
BT Voyager 100 DSL Modem

--------------------
Computers may be twice as fast as they were in 1973 but your average voter is as drunk and stupid as ever.

Posts: 77 | From: Manchester England | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged
Number 2608
Mini Geek
Member # 2608

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted August 11, 2004 04:13      Profile for Number 2608     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It looks like the update files can be downloaded from Apple's website, so you don't have to have your Mac connected to the Internet. Download the updates to the PC and transfer them to the Mac using a USB pen drive. If you don't own one, now is a good time to buy one - they are incredably useful.
Posts: 82 | From: Leeds, UK | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged
dunjamon
Mini Geek
Member # 2701

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted August 11, 2004 13:38      Profile for dunjamon   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks, will give it a go.

--------------------
Computers may be twice as fast as they were in 1973 but your average voter is as drunk and stupid as ever.

Posts: 77 | From: Manchester England | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged

All times are Eastern Time  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

2015 Geek Culture