homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums

my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums   » Other Geeky Stuff   » Ask a Geek!   » A Geek's Bridal Shower (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Author Topic: A Geek's Bridal Shower
DisasterWalking
Single Celled Newbie
Member # 2878

Rate Member
Icon 5 posted August 08, 2004 12:37      Profile for DisasterWalking   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This is probably the most uncommon question to be asked of the usual geek crowd, but I need help and only a geek would know the answer. My friend is getting married and is having a bridal shower. Both she and her husband are hardcore computer geeks, and the concept of sex is virtually foreign. (*laugh*) I want to get her some lingere, or come up with some bedroom games for her honeymoon, but I keep coming up void.

The best thing I have been able to find so far is the "Lord of the Root" thong on the webstore. Good start, but I want more.

Any ideas?

--------------------
sandersonns

Posts: 3 | From: Maryland | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged
Snaggy

Sir Snaggalot!
Member # 123

Member Rated:
Icon 3 posted August 08, 2004 12:51      Profile for Snaggy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
His and her's propeller beanies are the ultimate turn on. [Smile]

Maybe i can make up some custom buttons for you too.
"I'm too sexy for my propeller beanie" heh :-)

let me know if I can help ...
[email protected]
[Big Grin]

Posts: 8111 | From: Canada | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
Nitrozac

Benevolent Dictator!
Member # 111

Member Rated:
Icon 10 posted August 08, 2004 13:46      Profile for Nitrozac   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Maybe some of these, for wedding night!

-

Flashfire
Assimilated
Member # 2616

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted August 08, 2004 14:03      Profile for Flashfire   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Take a look at the Geek Lingerie thread over in the "Tech Toys" section of the forum, that may give you some ideas. [Smile]

Though, if all else fails, you can always glue a bunch of CAT-5 cables into an interesting little bra... [Razz]

--------------------
"No silicon heaven? That's absurd!
Where would all the calculators go?"
--Kryten, Red Dwarf
-------------------------------
My Web Comic: NSTA: Semper Vigilantis

Posts: 368 | From: State of Denial | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged
-ct-
BlabberMouth, the Next Generation
Member # 209

Icon 1 posted August 08, 2004 15:04      Profile for -ct-   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
it's been posted before, but the cat5-O-nine tails are still a good idea

[Wink]

--------------------
Things are always darkest... just before you pull your head out of your butt, void where prohibited, keep away from flame, surcharge(s) may apply.

www.harddriveHELL.com and demoniclemon.com

Posts: 1906 | From: nowhere, man | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
Ivan
Alpha Geek
Member # 2622

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted August 08, 2004 16:05      Profile for Ivan   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Two words:

Strip Chess

Or if that doesn't suit their fancies you can try overclocking their computers. You have to do that nude so the static doesn't fry them!

Posts: 269 | From: North Carolina | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged
csk

Member # 1941

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted August 08, 2004 18:06      Profile for csk     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Ivan:
Two words:

Strip Chess

How does that work? If it requires playing an entire chess game per article of clothing, that could take a while...

--------------------
6 weeks to go!

Posts: 4455 | From: Sydney, Australia | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
The Famous Druid

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 1769

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted August 08, 2004 18:55      Profile for The Famous Druid     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by csk:
quote:
Two words:

Strip Chess

How does that work? If it requires playing an entire chess game per article of clothing, that could take a while...
Perhaps you should ask this young lady

--------------------
If you watch 'The History Of NASA' backwards, it's about a space agency that has no manned spaceflight capability, then does low-orbit flights, then lands on the Moon.

Posts: 10680 | From: Melbourne, Australia | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
csk

Member # 1941

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted August 08, 2004 19:10      Profile for csk     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Or I could go watch the Thomas Crown Affair, I guess (only seen the older version so far).

--------------------
6 weeks to go!

Ivan
Alpha Geek
Member # 2622

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted August 09, 2004 14:10      Profile for Ivan   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by csk:
quote:
Two words:

Strip Chess

For every piece you lose, you also lose a piece of clothing [Wink]

The key is to play aggresively, and attack, attack, attack!

spungo
BlabberMouth, a Blabber Odyssey
Member # 1089

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted August 09, 2004 14:17      Profile for spungo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Two words:

Strip Chess

Yeah, but that could lead to mating. (Oh, dear - I should really know better than to pun so late at knight.) [Frown]

--------------------
Shameless plug. (Please forgive me.)

Posts: 6529 | From: Noba Scoba | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged
Ivan
Alpha Geek
Member # 2622

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted August 09, 2004 14:25      Profile for Ivan   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
And the way I see it,he'll be seeing her Chess with only 3 captures! But she'll be checking out his with only one capture.

I wish I was good at chess, but unfortunately, I get board with such square games.

spungo
Member # 1089

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted August 09, 2004 14:33      Profile for spungo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
I wish I was good at chess, but unfortunately, I get board with such square games.

Yeah, but there's something to be said for bashing the bishop.

--------------------

Ivan
Alpha Geek
Member # 2622

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted August 09, 2004 14:36      Profile for Ivan   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
heheh can't resist

Sorry spungo, but the sheep is in another castle

spungo
Member # 1089

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted August 09, 2004 14:39      Profile for spungo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Your puns are getting very stale, mate. [Wink]

--------------------

The Famous Druid

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 1769

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted August 09, 2004 14:45      Profile for The Famous Druid     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Can you guys stop making these pawnographic puns.

--------------------
If you watch 'The History Of NASA' backwards, it's about a space agency that has no manned spaceflight capability, then does low-orbit flights, then lands on the Moon.

Posts: 10680 | From: Melbourne, Australia | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
spungo
Member # 1089

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted August 09, 2004 14:49      Profile for spungo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ok, ok - I was only commenting en passant. No biggie.

--------------------

dragonman97

SuperFan!
Member # 780

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted August 09, 2004 16:12      Profile for dragonman97   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
*sigh* I'm just a rookie at this stuff. I do wonder what Freud would have to say about a pawn becoming a Queen, though?

--------------------
There are three things you can be sure of in life: Death, taxes, and reading about fake illnesses online...

Posts: 9332 | From: Westchester County, New York | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
csk

Member # 1941

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted August 09, 2004 21:09      Profile for csk     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
For every piece you lose, you also lose a piece of clothing [Wink]

The key is to play aggresively, and attack, attack, attack!

Damn - there goes my favourite Queens's Gambit opening (seriously)
drunkennewfiemidget
Member # 2814

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted August 10, 2004 07:38      Profile for drunkennewfiemidget     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So what happens when a pawn makes it to the other end of the board? Do you get your clothes back too?
Posts: 4897 | From: Cambridge, ON, Canada | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged
Ivan
Alpha Geek
Member # 2622

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted August 10, 2004 15:34      Profile for Ivan   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by drunkennewfiemidget:
So what happens when a pawn makes it to the other end of the board? Do you get your clothes back too?

hmm, with the whole male --> female thing, I'd say you have to put some of the opposite player's clothes on instead [Wink]
DisasterWalking
Single Celled Newbie
Member # 2878

Rate Member
Icon 14 posted August 12, 2004 22:58      Profile for DisasterWalking   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You all are great. Strip chess and beanies....with stickers that ask if everything's gonna be ok. Boy, that would lead to one heck of a night----I could just imagine the look on his face when she gets down to her cat-5 bra with matching whip. I have a feeling he won't know whether to laugh or drool.

Any more ideas would be great too. I have a feeling that I'm going to be the only one at the party who has a sense of humor.

----------
Life is a sexually transmitted disease.
-Unknown

--------------------
sandersonns

Posts: 3 | From: Maryland | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged
Tom- geeking around

Member # 2876

Member Rated:
Icon 3 posted August 12, 2004 23:25      Profile for Tom- geeking around   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have an idea for a nice game.
I see it at virtually every party: it's called "Drink Chess"- the rules? Very easy, the classical chess-rules BUT before every move you have to drink an alcoholic drink. Whiskey, Vodka, baileys qualifies, even though you can play it with every drink that has enough booze in it, so you dont end up having a full stomach, and so you cant play on.
It's a very childish game, and maybe not really suited for honeymooners, but hey, fantasies are very different.
The funny thing about it is: the good chess-players are usually not very used to alcohol, and can't drink a lot before they go ga-ga.

give it a try, but I feel it is more of a party game.

--------------------
Pizza and ginormous jugs is what I need!

Posts: 374 | From: Vienna | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged
littlefish
Member # 966

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted August 13, 2004 08:42      Profile for littlefish   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
How about this?

It's expensive, but rather cool.

Posts: 2421 | From: That London | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged
Tom- geeking around

Member # 2876

Member Rated:
Icon 6 posted August 13, 2004 13:04      Profile for Tom- geeking around   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
WOW!
I didn't know that they produce a chessboard just for that kind of game!
Thanks for the link, I might buy that one!
Anybody want a round of chess? [crazy]

--------------------
Pizza and ginormous jugs is what I need!

Posts: 374 | From: Vienna | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged

All times are Eastern Time
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

2015 Geek Culture