homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums

my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums   » Other Geeky Stuff   » Ask a Geek!   » Need a good, low price, animation software so I can make good short animated movies

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Need a good, low price, animation software so I can make good short animated movies
Jonathan
Geek
Member # 2724

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted May 22, 2004 10:21      Profile for Jonathan   Author's Homepage         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hello! I've been making some 1 min animated movies alot lately. The only problem is I'm using Windows Movie Maker and Paint to make them, so when I save them and watch them, it turns out not to be clear, not good sound, and the animation turns out bad. Do you know a good program I could buy cheap that will alow me to make short animated movies ( with sound too.) ?
Posts: 147 | From: Somewhere over the rainbow | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged
Snaggy

Sir Snaggalot!
Member # 123

Member Rated:
Icon 3 posted May 22, 2004 11:26      Profile for Snaggy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I would check out Flash, from macromedia, especially if you want to animate stuff on the web, but it depends what your animations are like and what your source material is.

There's also timelapse software out there.. iStopMotion for Mac OS X is really good. http://istopmotion.com/

Posts: 8111 | From: Canada | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
GMx

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan!
Member # 1523

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted May 22, 2004 15:10      Profile for GMx     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
And if you're a student you can get it for less than $100. [Wink]
Posts: 5848 | From: S-4, Area 51 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged
MrMachineCode
Alpha Geek
Member # 609

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted May 23, 2004 00:48      Profile for MrMachineCode     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hehe I have a copy of the totally pointless "Simpsons Cartoon Studio." The interface is weird and you couldn't, like, actually recreate a real Simpsons episode because the program is way too limited, but I managed to make Homer do this demonic possession scene where he has a seizure and vomits hundreds of frogs.
Posts: 314 | From: USA | Registered: Dec 2000  |  IP: Logged
Jace Raven

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan!
Member # 2444

Icon 1 posted May 23, 2004 02:52      Profile for Jace Raven         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ahhh... The joys of pointless software.

If you would like to learn more about pointless software. Please click here. [evil]

Ivan
Alpha Geek
Member # 2622

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted May 23, 2004 14:18      Profile for Ivan   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Jace! Why'd you go and make me spew oatmeal across my monitor like that. Bad Jace!
Posts: 269 | From: North Carolina | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged
Chesty
Assimilated
Member # 2460

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted May 23, 2004 15:46      Profile for Chesty         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ulead's PhotoImpact is a fullscale vector grapgics program with a gif animator built in - but for longer anims flash is the stuff
Posts: 416 | From: The Beach | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged
nekomatic
SuperFan!
Member # 376

Member Rated:
Icon 10 posted May 24, 2004 01:47      Profile for nekomatic     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Snaggy:
There's also timelapse software out there.. iStopMotion for Mac OS X is really good. http://istopmotion.com/

Can't comment on their software (as a dedicated Nine-Is-Finer) but their front page contains the word "phantasies". I like them [Big Grin]
Posts: 822 | From: Manchester, UK | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged
Jonathan
Geek
Member # 2724

Member Rated:
Icon 7 posted May 28, 2004 08:53      Profile for Jonathan   Author's Homepage         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thank You for all the good suggestions!
Posts: 147 | From: Somewhere over the rainbow | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged
Jonathan
Geek
Member # 2724

Member Rated:
Icon 7 posted May 28, 2004 08:55      Profile for Jonathan   Author's Homepage         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thank You for all the good suggestions! They are
Orpheus
Highlie
Member # 2397

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted May 28, 2004 13:39      Profile for Orpheus     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
if you like free and aren't afraid of linux and command lines of ungodly length you could try the mencoder command of mplayer. It could take a bit of doing but its really quite nice.

--------------------
my cats make me crazy

Posts: 554 | From: Galveston, TX | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged

All times are Eastern Time  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

2015 Geek Culture