homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums

my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums   » Other Geeky Stuff   » Ask a Geek!   » , (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Author Topic: ,
Non-Geek with a computer
Maximum Newbie
Member # 2653

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted April 14, 2004 12:02      Profile for Non-Geek with a computer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
hey-U
SuperBlabberMouth!
Member # 2128

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted April 14, 2004 12:30      Profile for hey-U     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thread of the week, no question.
Posts: 1263 | From: London | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged
Allan
SuperFan!
Member # 1717

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted April 14, 2004 12:33      Profile for Allan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Non-Geek with a computer:

Indeed, you simply can't help but admire the minimalistic vocabulary and strong symbols displayed.
Posts: 1280 | From: Edinburgh, Scotland / Frankfurt, Germany | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
cheezi git
BlabberMouth, the Next Generation
Member # 1598

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted April 14, 2004 12:38      Profile for cheezi git     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
no doubt about it, this thread rocks the big hairy hard one. this is going in my diary - hightligh of the week.

i like the way that non-geek says so much, yet writes so little

Posts: 1929 | From: the left nostril of my cat | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged
Grey_girl

Member # 2172

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted April 14, 2004 12:41      Profile for Grey_girl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's a work of art.
Posts: 764 | From: NYC | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged
dragonman97

SuperFan!
Member # 780

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted April 14, 2004 12:44      Profile for dragonman97   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

--------------------
There are three things you can be sure of in life: Death, taxes, and reading about fake illnesses online...

Posts: 9331 | From: Westchester County, New York | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Gibbonboy
Geek
Member # 2426

Member Rated:
Icon 4 posted April 14, 2004 12:48      Profile for Gibbonboy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I magnified the period 700x, and found this.
Brilliant.

--------------------
"It's not the end of the world, but you can see it from here."

Posts: 155 | From: A Very Small Hole in the Forest | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged
Jace Raven

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan!
Member # 2444

Icon 1 posted April 14, 2004 12:48      Profile for Jace Raven         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by dragonman97:

It is a revolution.
hey-U
SuperBlabberMouth!
Member # 2128

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted April 14, 2004 12:50      Profile for hey-U     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

*thinks: must be one of them zen koan things...*
hey-U
SuperBlabberMouth!
Member # 2128

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted April 14, 2004 12:52      Profile for hey-U     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Gibbonboy:
Brilliant.

...that's no moon...
dragonman97

SuperFan!
Member # 780

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted April 14, 2004 12:53      Profile for dragonman97   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It is forged from the one true way of the hot metal.

And so it was, and it was good.

--------------------
There are three things you can be sure of in life: Death, taxes, and reading about fake illnesses online...

Posts: 9331 | From: Westchester County, New York | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
cheezi git
Member # 1598

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted April 14, 2004 13:08      Profile for cheezi git     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

yeah man, that's like so like yeah. you dig?

--------------------
there were so many stains on the road. squashed miss mitten-shaped stains in the universe. squashed frog-shaped stains in the universe. squashed crows that tried to eat the squashed frog-shaped stains in the universe. squashed dogs...

Posts: 1929 | From: the left nostril of my cat | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged
hey-U
SuperBlabberMouth!
Member # 2128

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted April 14, 2004 13:11      Profile for hey-U     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by cheezi git:
quote:

ommmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
*breathes*

Cosmic.
Like, rilly , y'know?

cheezi git
Member # 1598

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted April 14, 2004 13:22      Profile for cheezi git     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by hey-U:
quote:
Originally posted by cheezi git:
quote:

ommmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
*breathes*

Cosmic.
Like, rilly , y'know?

you know, for a moment yah? i was like rilly floating, yah?

--------------------
there were so many stains on the road. squashed miss mitten-shaped stains in the universe. squashed frog-shaped stains in the universe. squashed crows that tried to eat the squashed frog-shaped stains in the universe. squashed dogs...

hey-U
SuperBlabberMouth!
Member # 2128

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted April 14, 2004 13:25      Profile for hey-U     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
*flips out and kills people*
/manson mode

cheezi git
Member # 1598

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted April 14, 2004 14:01      Profile for cheezi git     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
hey man, like chill out, that's like so uncool. just go with the flow man, and listen to the trees.

--------------------

mongoose
Geek
Member # 1991

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted April 14, 2004 17:39      Profile for mongoose     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Gibbonboy:
Brilliant.

And how much did you pay for that monitor? I would love a resolution that good. [Wink]

-Mongoose!

--------------------
"information superhighway" is just an anagram for "i'm on a huge wispy rhino fart". - www.bsd.org

Posts: 141 | From: There's a NEW Jersey? | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged
dragonman97

SuperFan!
Member # 780

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted April 14, 2004 17:55      Profile for dragonman97   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hmm, did anyone get the previous allusion to something, or do I have to hold onto these little cool points? *sigh* /me feels like he's dating himself about this Internet thing. And the fact is, Xanthine is much cuter...

/me really should post after Bass... /shrug/

--------------------

dragonman97

SuperFan!
Member # 780

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted April 14, 2004 17:56      Profile for dragonman97   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Y'all know I meant "shouldn't," right? [Razz]

--------------------

ZorroTheFox
BlabberMouth, a Blabber Odyssey
Member # 917

Icon 1 posted April 14, 2004 18:43      Profile for ZorroTheFox   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Non-Geek with a computer:

perhaps this author is a girl and she is on her period [Razz]

--------------------
Freedom is the freedom to say that two plus two makes four. If that is granted, all else follows.~~Winston Smith

Posts: 3046 | From: Tacoma, WA, USA | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
hey-U
SuperBlabberMouth!
Member # 2128

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted April 15, 2004 00:43      Profile for hey-U     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Hmm, did anyone get the previous allusion to something, or do I have to hold onto these little cool points? *sigh* /me feels like he's dating himself about this Internet thing. And the fact is, Xanthine is much cuter...

...and people say *I* should get out more...
[Wink]

Number 2608
Mini Geek
Member # 2608

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted April 15, 2004 01:06      Profile for Number 2608     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm now going to sit at my desk staring at the monitor in silent contemplation for the rest of the day.
Posts: 82 | From: Leeds, UK | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged
dragonman97

SuperFan!
Member # 780

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted April 15, 2004 02:10      Profile for dragonman97   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by hey-U:
quote:

...and people say *I* should get out more...
[Wink]

Hey, I had just gotten back from "out." I don't just sit in my lonely house or office, drinking Bass [Razz] . You know you're in a good position in the ranks of CS students when you and your friend go out for dinner with your prof on a semi-routine basis [Wink] .

Anyway, from the loser files of the dragon, as I type at 0512:
Am I really getting on in time that no one else remembers this? *sigh* ('twas feebly alluding to the art of my first, deeply meaningful post in this thread)

--------------------

Non-Geek with a computer
Maximum Newbie
Member # 2653

Member Rated:
Icon 2 posted April 15, 2004 02:27      Profile for Non-Geek with a computer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeh art thats what it was.............not a mistake at all...........no
crazyarlo
Geek
Member # 1226

Member Rated:
Icon 10 posted April 15, 2004 07:01      Profile for crazyarlo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ahh, if only I could replicate the simplicity of that message!

"."

Oh, what a profound statement! Many times in my life, I have wanted to somehow, make my case with a simple, yet effective tool. I remember the days of collge, taking a composition course, easily exceeding the 400 word minimum per each creation, and actually writing MORE information than was needed! When trying to convey information, I often "over elaborate" or use excessively flowery language...realizing of course that the audience is "fading out" or actually asleep, and possibly drooling instead of listening to my awe imspring.....

<<<INTERRUPTED BY THE DEPARTMENT OF EXCESSIVE VERBOSITY>>>

Posts: 238 | From: Southern Ohio ... SURF OHIO, BABY! | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged

All times are Eastern Time
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

2015 Geek Culture