homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums

my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums   » Other Geeky Stuff   » Ask a Geek!   » Where in the World have you been?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Where in the World have you been?
Snaggy

Sir Snaggalot!
Member # 123

Member Rated:
Icon 5 posted February 21, 2004 20:36      Profile for Snaggy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
http://www.world66.com/myworld66/visitedCountries/

Here's mine... red countries I've visited.

-

Posts: 8111 | From: Canada | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
Xanthine

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan!
Member # 736

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted February 21, 2004 20:39      Profile for Xanthine     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Mine:
 -

--------------------
And it's one, two, three / On the wrong side of the lee / What were you meant for? / What were you meant for?
- The Decemberists

Posts: 7670 | From: the lab | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
The Famous Druid

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 1769

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted February 21, 2004 20:52      Profile for The Famous Druid     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -

Ok, that took several attempts, but I'm pretty sure it's right now.

It's a shame they don't include Antarctica in their list, not that I've been there, but I know a couple of people who have, and it's a shame to rob them of bragging rights over such a cool place (if you'll pardon the pun).

btw - counting countries where you never left the airport is cheating !

btw2 - that comment wasn't aimed at you Xanthine. [Smile]

--------------------
If you watch 'The History Of NASA' backwards, it's about a space agency that has no manned spaceflight capability, then does low-orbit flights, then lands on the Moon.

Posts: 10680 | From: Melbourne, Australia | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
-ct-
BlabberMouth, the Next Generation
Member # 209

Icon 1 posted February 21, 2004 20:55      Profile for -ct-   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -

--------------------
Things are always darkest... just before you pull your head out of your butt, void where prohibited, keep away from flame, surcharge(s) may apply.

www.harddriveHELL.com and demoniclemon.com

Posts: 1906 | From: nowhere, man | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
Xanthine

Member # 736

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted February 21, 2004 20:55      Profile for Xanthine     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I didn't. That's why Columbia and Guatemala are not on my map. I didn't count countries where I never left the train station either, which is why Germany isn't on my map.

Speaking of maps, I can't see yours. All I see is a bunch of HTML.

--------------------
And it's one, two, three / On the wrong side of the lee / What were you meant for? / What were you meant for?
- The Decemberists

Posts: 7670 | From: the lab | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
Bibo
BlabberMouth, the Next Generation
Member # 1959

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted February 21, 2004 21:03      Profile for Bibo   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just the USA, Canada, Spain and St. Marteen

-

Posts: 1641 | From: Grand Rapids, MI | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
quantumfluff
BlabberMouth, a Blabber Odyssey
Member # 450

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted February 21, 2004 21:49      Profile for quantumfluff     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -
I wish I could see it all, but time and money does not permit.

Posts: 2902 | From: 5 to 15 meters above sea level | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged
GMx

Member # 1523

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted February 21, 2004 22:10      Profile for GMx     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -

And that's probably all I'll get to see.

Posts: 5848 | From: S-4, Area 51 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged
TMBWITW,PB

Member # 1734

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted February 21, 2004 22:35      Profile for TMBWITW,PB     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -
Some day I'll probably go to Mexico, but other than that i don't know when I'll get the chance to visit another country again. The only reason I got to go to England, France, and Spain was because I worked at Taco Bell in high school to save up for the trip my French class was going to take. (It ended up getting cancelled and I went with a school from Stockton. I didn't know a single person I travelled with.)

--------------------
"Beauty is in the eye of the beholder and it may be necessary from time to time to give a stupid or misinformed beholder a black eye."
óMiss Piggy

Posts: 4010 | From: my couch | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
Allan
SuperFan!
Member # 1717

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted February 21, 2004 23:10      Profile for Allan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -

Not too bad I suppose

Posts: 1280 | From: Edinburgh, Scotland / Frankfurt, Germany | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
littlefish
Member # 966

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted February 22, 2004 09:30      Profile for littlefish   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -

A fair spread.

Posts: 2421 | From: That London | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged
snupy
Member # 1211

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted February 22, 2004 22:27      Profile for snupy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by littlefish:
 -

A fair spread.

But no USA! [Frown]
Posts: 4269 | From: UK, via Chicago | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
snupy
Member # 1211

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted February 22, 2004 22:31      Profile for snupy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -

EDIT: Thanks, Dman~

Posts: 4269 | From: UK, via Chicago | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
dragonman97

SuperFan!
Member # 780

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted February 22, 2004 22:43      Profile for dragonman97   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Snupy, just put this "http://www.world66.com/myworld66/visitedCountries/worldmap?visited=CAUSBSJMMXVIUK" inside the UBB IMG tag (without the quotes).

--------------------
There are three things you can be sure of in life: Death, taxes, and reading about fake illnesses online...

Posts: 9332 | From: Westchester County, New York | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
spungo
Member # 1089

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted February 23, 2004 01:16      Profile for spungo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Now, this is a cool toy. Sheesh... I just haven't lived, have I?

-

--------------------
Shameless plug. (Please forgive me.)

Posts: 6529 | From: Noba Scoba | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged
Lumina Manson
Assimilated
Member # 1868

Member Rated:
Icon 10 posted February 23, 2004 01:34      Profile for Lumina Manson   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -

Damn, it took me like 20 times to finally post this right!
Wow, I've seen all of North America. I never really thought about it that way. My dad used to move around a lot, he would say it was because he was in the service and they moved him around but I know he's full of crap. BTW, does where you live now count cuz I live in California. I went to Italy with my Grandma and Grandpa with their church and my Grandpa got mugged by gypsies. Go figure.

--Quack, C.P.

--------------------
ThE CrEeP sHoW It's called therapy: go get some!

Posts: 487 | From: The rainbow room, USA (Baldwin Park) | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
Gibbonboy
Geek
Member # 2426

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted February 23, 2004 02:46      Profile for Gibbonboy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -

What's next, a map of the Solar System?

--------------------
"It's not the end of the world, but you can see it from here."

Posts: 155 | From: A Very Small Hole in the Forest | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged
nekomatic
SuperFan!
Member # 376

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted February 23, 2004 04:58      Profile for nekomatic     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -

I'm especially proud of that one pixel that represents Andorra [Wink]

Posts: 822 | From: Manchester, UK | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged
csk

Member # 1941

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted February 23, 2004 16:08      Profile for csk     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Here we go then...
 -

--------------------
6 weeks to go!

Posts: 4455 | From: Sydney, Australia | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
SpikeSpiegel
Member # 1452

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted February 23, 2004 17:42      Profile for SpikeSpiegel     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
mein:
 -

--------------------
its been a while

Posts: 3090 | From: Boston | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged
Bregalad
Assimilated
Member # 1054

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted February 29, 2004 11:39      Profile for Bregalad     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -

So many countries yet to see; so little time; so little money [Frown]

Posts: 484 | From: Vancouver, BC, Canada | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged
Dr. O
Mini Geek
Member # 2585

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted February 29, 2004 14:44      Profile for Dr. O     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -

My memories of Europe and the Middle East seem much bigger than the map.

--------------------
Is that tempura in your pocket or are you just happy sashimi?

Posts: 71 | From: Durango, CO | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged
Chesty
Assimilated
Member # 2460

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted February 29, 2004 18:37      Profile for Chesty         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -
Posts: 416 | From: The Beach | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged
Spiderman

Solid Nitrozanium Superfan!
Member # 1609

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted March 03, 2004 15:25      Profile for Spiderman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I believe that someone has yet to post a reply as sparse as this...except for me of course [Wink]

-

Yes, just the good ol' USA

--------------------
Math problems? Call 1-800-[(10x)(13i)^2]-[sin(xy)/2.362x]

Posts: 846 | From: Chicago | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged
littlefish
Member # 966

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted March 03, 2004 16:34      Profile for littlefish   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Isn't russia big? I thought when it stopped being the ussr/cccp it lost a few time zones- but no! still 13 (count 'em)!
Posts: 2421 | From: That London | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged

All times are Eastern Time  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

© 2015 Geek Culture