homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums

my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums   » Love!   » I Love my Computer   » I can't believe nobody has asked: 8 Plus or X?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: I can't believe nobody has asked: 8 Plus or X?
Stibbons
SuperBlabberMouth!
Member # 2515

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted October 08, 2017 14:53      Profile for Stibbons   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Where's the hype? [Geek]

I've just gone and upgraded my old iPhone 6, with its six hour battery life (we absolutely hammer the phone at work, mostly due to having terrible signal indoors while being forced to run very badly designed apps) to an 8 Plus. Lovely camera, battery that lasts all day (for now), and I finally get why people say Force Touch is actually useful.

I'm just hoping now that I don't have buyer's remorse when the shiny iPhone X appears! I keep telling myself that the first generation of Apple products never live up to expectations, and by the time the iPhone Xi arrives on the scene with all the issues ironed out and the features it actually needs I'll be due an upgrade, but what do you guys think?

Posts: 1143 | From: UK | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged
TheMoMan
BlabberMouth, a Blabber Odyssey
Member # 1659

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted October 08, 2017 16:29      Profile for TheMoMan         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Stibbons: this is going to sound like hearsay, get the cheapest flip phone that has good reception, and a good tablet. You then do not have to worry about your phone being hacked. Are there any tablet virii out in the wild? People I know that work in sensitive jobs do just that very low risk.

--------------------
Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.

Benjamin Franklin,

Posts: 5848 | From: Just South of the Huron National Forest, in the water shed of the Rifle River | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged
Snaggy

Sir Snaggalot!
Member # 123

Member Rated:
Icon 3 posted October 09, 2017 11:34      Profile for Snaggy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Congrats on your new Plus! [Applause]

I have an iPhone 6 Plus, and love it, although the size took a while to get used to. The X seems nice as it's a bit smaller than the Plus, yet still has the big screen and all the photo goodies. If I had the dough, I'd spring for an X just for the shiny, but I think your strategy is good too. There's enough new stuff on the 8 Plus, and it's enough of an upgrade to keep you happy for a long time.

Posts: 8110 | From: Canada | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
The Famous Druid

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 1769

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted October 10, 2017 02:53      Profile for The Famous Druid     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ooooohhhh!
Shiny new toy!

I'm still using my iPhone 5, but I've gotta say, the bigger screen on the 8+ looks mighty good to my poor ageing eyes.

--------------------
If you watch 'The History Of NASA' backwards, it's about a space agency that has no manned spaceflight capability, then does low-orbit flights, then lands on the Moon.

Posts: 10680 | From: Melbourne, Australia | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
Snaggy

Sir Snaggalot!
Member # 123

Member Rated:
Icon 3 posted October 10, 2017 12:52      Profile for Snaggy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Plus screen is awesome. Nitro is always stealing mine to use, and is getting a larger screen when she eventually upgrades. Plus you get the great camera.
Posts: 8110 | From: Canada | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged

All times are Eastern Time  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

2015 Geek Culture