homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums

my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums   » Love!   » I Love my Computer   » Envy Inspiring Workspaces

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Envy Inspiring Workspaces
fs

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan!
Member # 1181

Icon 1 posted April 30, 2009 03:27      Profile for fs   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I saw this on Lifehacker:

The Mac-Tacular Lair

-

At various times I've had workspaces of varying awesomeness. Right now, I don't have a desktop workstation, so I just have a small rolltop desk in the bedroom, which accomodates the netbook nicely. (If it were only about an inch deeper, it would be perfect.)

What are your workspaces like? Have you seen any droolworthy setups lately?

--------------------
I'm in ur database, makin' moar recordz.

Posts: 1973 | From: The Cat Ship | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
littlefish
BlabberMouth, a Blabber Odyssey
Member # 966

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted April 30, 2009 13:09      Profile for littlefish   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This setup made the rounds a while back. It has awesome attention to detail, although it is not all to my taste (too much dusting needed!)

If I want a big screen, my geek cave looks like this:
 -

Printer is attached to time capsule in another room. Most of my "work" when at home gets done in this manner
 -

Posts: 2421 | From: That London | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged
Cap'n Vic

Member # 1477

Icon 1 posted April 30, 2009 15:02      Profile for Cap'n Vic     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You're gonna burn your penis.....or is that way you're called little fish???

*rimshot*

Posts: 5471 | From: One of the drones from sector 7G | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged
littlefish
Member # 966

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted April 30, 2009 15:16      Profile for littlefish   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Trust me, I'm not.

Besides, the hot bit is nearer my knees than my naughties.

spungo
Member # 1089

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted April 30, 2009 15:37      Profile for spungo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Is that 'Apocalypse Now' on the laptop in the first picture?
Posts: 6529 | From: Noba Scoba | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged
garlicguy

Member # 3166

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted April 30, 2009 17:03      Profile for garlicguy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -

That would be SOoooooo sweet....

My office is in my barn and I'm on a 2005 eMac with Leopard. Runs fine, but I really want a 24" iMac.
[ohwell]

gg

--------------------
I don't know what I was thinking... it seemed like a good idea at the time.

Posts: 3752 | From: Pluto, no matter what you call it, is still my home. | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged
littlefish
Member # 966

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted May 01, 2009 00:02      Profile for littlefish   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Apocalypse Now Redux. I prefer the short cut, but the information when I bought it was that it would never make it to DVD.
spungo
Member # 1089

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted May 01, 2009 13:32      Profile for spungo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by littlefish:
quote:
Apocalypse Now Redux. I prefer the short cut, but the information when I bought it was that it would never make it to DVD.
Yeah, a lot of the stuff in the Redux version just didn't work, like pinching Robert Duval's surfboard, and that odd French family -- it might have added some sort of narrative embellishment to the overall thematic structure blah blah blah, but in purely impartial aesthetic terms, it made it more shit. It shittified it. Although there are more boobies in the Redux version...

--------------------
Shameless plug. (Please forgive me.)

Posts: 6529 | From: Noba Scoba | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged
littlefish
Member # 966

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted May 01, 2009 14:08      Profile for littlefish   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Unfortunately, they are the depressing kind of boobs. Like the lesbian sex scene at the end of requiem for a dream.
Grummash

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 4289

Icon 1 posted May 02, 2009 15:28      Profile for Grummash     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This is my little corner of the Grummash household. Please note that this is the zoomed-in and cleaned-up version especially for use as an insurance photo.
IRL you have to add back in the newspapers, JellyBelly dispenser, half-drunk mug of coffee etc.

-

--------------------
...and yet, across the gulf of space, minds immeasurably superior to ours regarded this earth with envious eyes...

Posts: 2335 | From: Lancashire,UK | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged

All times are Eastern Time  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

2015 Geek Culture