homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums

my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums   » Love!   » I Love my Computer   » Blasphemy!!!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Blasphemy!!!
geekygoddess
Highlie
Member # 15702

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted June 24, 2008 05:42      Profile for geekygoddess     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
http://tech.yahoo.com/blogs/hughes/29052

I have nothing to say about this....

--------------------
"It is better to press ones shirt, than ones luck"- Confucius

Posts: 661 | From: Edinburgh, United Kingdom | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged
drunkennewfiemidget
BlabberMouth, a Blabber Odyssey
Member # 2814

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted June 24, 2008 06:04      Profile for drunkennewfiemidget     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Misogynistic?

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAA
*gasp*
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH
*sputter* *cough*
HAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

The phone company is anti-fat people because they don't make phones for 'full figured' people.

The car company is anti-semitic because there isn't enough room for a rabbi's hat.

The dairy companies is racist because the majority of black people are lactose intolerant.

I WANT EVERY SINGLE PRODUCT ON THE PLANET TO CATER TO ME!

Idiots.

Posts: 4897 | From: Cambridge, ON, Canada | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged
Richard Wolf VI
SuperBlabberMouth!
Member # 4993

Icon 10 posted June 24, 2008 07:01      Profile for Richard Wolf VI   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Long fingernails are teh FAIL. Short ones don't break [thumbsup]

--------------------
The same old iWanToUseaMac... Who am I fooling? I'm getting a Wii now, iWanToUseaMac isn't :P
Get Opera. The best web experience.
Contest. Group. Success.

Posts: 1356 | From: Bogotá, Colombia | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged
GrumpySteen

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan
Member # 170

Icon 1 posted June 24, 2008 07:37      Profile for GrumpySteen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If they think there's such a huge demand for phones for women with long fingernails, they should make one. Surely they'll become rich overnight selling them.

--------------------
Worst. Celibate. Ever.

Posts: 6364 | From: Tennessee | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
The Famous Druid

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 1769

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted June 24, 2008 14:56      Profile for The Famous Druid     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have another complaint: the sporting goods manufacturers don't make footballs and tennis racquets suitable for use by totally uncoordinated people like me.

--------------------
If you watch 'The History Of NASA' backwards, it's about a space agency that has no manned spaceflight capability, then does low-orbit flights, then lands on the Moon.

Posts: 10680 | From: Melbourne, Australia | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
tweety
Assimilated
Member # 3890

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted June 25, 2008 16:15      Profile for tweety   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
TFD – I'm totally with you on this one. Wait, wait, I think I smell class action lawsuit. That's it, let's band together and sue Spalding for not making sports equipment work for people who have no athletic ability at all. If they had, I would have had a happier childhood. But, since they don't, I'm scarred for life. [crazy]

Dear God, I think I just made myself sick. [cry baby]

[EDITED on 06/26/08: Wrote TFP instead of TFD. But don't worry, I chopped off the offending finger that got the letter wrong. Won't happen again.]

--------------------
If I were a good man I'd talk to you more often than I do.
American Fairy Tales
IT, A Philosophy

Posts: 454 | From: IL | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged
tim-e
Geek Larva
Member # 22073

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted October 12, 2008 04:00      Profile for tim-e     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Tramp alert!!!

I used to work with this chick who had 4 inch acrylics. Watching her use a mobile phone was humerous.

Posts: 26 | From: Sydney, AU | Registered: Sep 2008  |  IP: Logged
Definitely Helen
Maximum Newbie
Member # 14084

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted October 13, 2008 13:19      Profile for Definitely Helen   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by tim-e:
Tramp alert!!!
I used to work with this chick who had 4 inch acrylics. Watching her use a mobile phone was humerous.

Sexist alert!!!

[thumbsdown]

Posts: 17 | From: London | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged
Ashitaka

SuperFan!
Member # 4924

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted October 13, 2008 13:56      Profile for Ashitaka     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Definitely Helen:
quote:
Tramp alert!!!

Sexist alert!!!

[thumbsdown]

I do not think this is sexist. A male with such long fingernail would also apply to above comment. Ok people with long fingernail are not nessisarily tramps, but I cannot understand this when the fingernails are so long in interferes with daily life.

I was once at a fast food restaurant and decided to walk out and not eat when I saw the person who would be making my sandwich had fingernails so long they were curling around. I don't think there is a good way to sanitize really long fingernails.

--------------------
"If they're not gonna make a distinction between Muslims and violent extremists, then why should I take the time to distinguish between decent, fearful white people and racists?"

-Assif Mandvi

Posts: 3089 | From: Switzerland | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged
GrumpySteen

Member # 170

Icon 1 posted October 13, 2008 14:05      Profile for GrumpySteen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Chef Bob will be fixing your lunch today...

-

--------------------
Worst. Celibate. Ever.

geekygoddess
Highlie
Member # 15702

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted October 13, 2008 14:09      Profile for geekygoddess     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
EWWWWWWW!!!!

That reminds me of the time I found a nasty, yellowed, toenail in a hamburger once. I will spare the name of the restaurant. Never looked at a burger the same way...

--------------------
"It is better to press ones shirt, than ones luck"- Confucius

Posts: 661 | From: Edinburgh, United Kingdom | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged
GrumpySteen

Member # 170

Icon 1 posted October 13, 2008 14:13      Profile for GrumpySteen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
*marks hamburgers off the list of possible restaurant choices*

--------------------
Worst. Celibate. Ever.

Definitely Helen
Maximum Newbie
Member # 14084

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted October 13, 2008 23:34      Profile for Definitely Helen   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Ashitaka:
quote:
Originally posted by Definitely Helen:
quote:
Tramp alert!!!

Sexist alert!!!

[thumbsdown]

I do not think this is sexist. A male with such long fingernail would also apply to above comment. Ok people with long fingernail are not nessisarily tramps, but I cannot understand this when the fingernails are so long in interferes with daily life.

I was once at a fast food restaurant and decided to walk out and not eat when I saw the person who would be making my sandwich had fingernails so long they were curling around. I don't think there is a good way to sanitize really long fingernails.

In the context, I maintain that this was a sexist comment. I do not see how saying that a woman who wears nail extensions is a tramp can be anything but a sexist remark.

Also in this context, I think the term 'tramp' is used pejoratively and I find its use offensive.

It's hard to believe that you're also saying that you would call a man with nail extensions a tramp, too - but maybe I just misunderstand what you're saying.

But, wrt the food preparation reference, there I do agree with you. [Smile]

Posts: 17 | From: London | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged
Allan
SuperFan!
Member # 1717

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted October 14, 2008 04:33      Profile for Allan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Crawling out from under my rock, I've seen enough of the world to know that if it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck, it may possibly be a dragon doing a duck impersonation... but most likely it's a tramp, oh sorry, duck.
Posts: 1280 | From: Edinburgh, Scotland / Frankfurt, Germany | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
shparks
Maximum Newbie
Member # 20945

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted October 14, 2008 18:25      Profile for shparks   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I can't believe women are actually making a big deal out of this "issue." Some people just love complaining to much that they have to go out of there way to find things to complain about. It really gets on my nerves. I should write a letter to the editor or something.
Posts: 15 | From: Vancouver, WA | Registered: Aug 2008  |  IP: Logged

All times are Eastern Time  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

© 2015 Geek Culture