homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums

my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums   » Love!   » I Love my Computer   » Anyone else as excited as I am? (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Author Topic: Anyone else as excited as I am?
geekygoddess
Highlie
Member # 15702

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted June 10, 2008 05:24      Profile for geekygoddess     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah, I am not sure what I think of that just yet. Will my .mac address have to change? I hope not. I just paid for it about a month ago, and apparently we are getting the upgrade for free, we will see:)

--------------------
"It is better to press ones shirt, than ones luck"- Confucius

Posts: 661 | From: Edinburgh, United Kingdom | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged
RScottV

SuperFan!
Member # 3540

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted June 10, 2008 07:20      Profile for RScottV     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
In regards to the .Mac --> MobileMe transition-- It looks like the transition will be pretty seamless and we will get twice as much storage. Here is the Apple FAQ.

As for the iPhone-- I'm excited for it. The new price will put the phone in reach for me. I think that I will need to wait for cheaper phone plan though. If you want phone and data, you will still spend over 1000 bucks a year on your plan! (In the US the phone plan is $40 a month, and the data is $30 a month. By the time you add all the taxes etc... I'm sure it will get up to a phone bill of 80-90 dollars a month.)

Posts: 211 | From: Saint Paul, MN | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged
Bibo
BlabberMouth, the Next Generation
Member # 1959

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted June 10, 2008 07:35      Profile for Bibo   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Is it just me or is Mobile Me & the app store, while cool, nothing new?

I've been using a Danger Powered SideKick phone since 2001. It has had push mail, online "in the clouds" sync with e-mail, calendars, address book, to do lists, etc... It has also had an online application store that you can purchase 3rd party applications for the phone. Instant messaging has always been there too. Also always there has been the ability to select text & copy & paste it between applications. Plus notification of incoming e-mail, SMS, IM, awaiting voicemail etc... from any application.

An interesting side note, Microsoft recently acquired Danger.

Would I like an iPhone, oh yeah, but not until they offer the same deal I have now with my SideKick. I pay $29.99 per month for a data only plan that includes unlimited data (web, e-mail, IM) and unlimited SMS messages (just today during the keynote I received over 125 SMS messages via twitter with keynote updates!). I'm am not required to have a voice plan with this deal and pay per call. On average I make $2 worth of phone calls per month. Once AT&T can offer a data only plan priced under $40 I'm afraid I'll have to stick with my SideKick.

Posts: 1641 | From: Grand Rapids, MI | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Callipygous
BlabberMouth, a Blabber Odyssey
Member # 2071

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted June 10, 2008 08:19      Profile for Callipygous     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
OK, now that we've got to the second page of this thread, is anyone suffering from PKD (post keynote depression) yet?

Disappointed that that we learned so little about Snow Leopard? or new Macbooks? or any other new Macs? No iPeaceonEarth or iGoodwilltoAllmen?

--------------------
"Knowledge is Power. France is Bacon" - Milton

Posts: 2922 | From: Brighton - UK | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged
Tom- geeking around

Member # 2876

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted June 10, 2008 09:20      Profile for Tom- geeking around   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The new iPhone doesn't really appeal to me.

Okay, cool - they put in 3G support (it was about frickin' time for that when the initial iPhone was released). But other than that, the main thing that bugs me is the camera - 2MP? come on.

The iPhone still can't get close to my Nokia N95..
5MP camera, Video recording at 30fps and near DVD-quality, GPS module and thanks to Symbian OS, lots of after-market software support.

Ok, the big and bling-bling screen on the iPhone IS handsome..

--------------------
Pizza and ginormous jugs is what I need!

Posts: 374 | From: Vienna | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged
geekygoddess
Highlie
Member # 15702

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted June 10, 2008 10:37      Profile for geekygoddess     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Woopydaisy!! Dropped my cell phone today. Shucks, guess I need a new one. I think this was the first time I smiled as I dropped my phone. [Big Grin]

--------------------
"It is better to press ones shirt, than ones luck"- Confucius

Posts: 661 | From: Edinburgh, United Kingdom | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged
stringlion
Mini Geek
Member # 4767

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted June 10, 2008 19:59      Profile for stringlion     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I just hope that my parents get me one, I really need a cell phone, and a new iPod....
Posts: 94 | From: NYS, US | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged

All times are Eastern Time
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

2015 Geek Culture