homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums

my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums   » Love!   » I Love my Computer   » Celebrate 30 Years of Apple with Mac and Cheese

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Celebrate 30 Years of Apple with Mac and Cheese
webmacster87
Geek Apprentice
Member # 5018

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted March 29, 2006 19:10      Profile for webmacster87   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Not entirely sure where to put this, but since most of us are celebrating 30 years of Apple because we love their computers, I thought here would be okay. Feel free to move if necessary.

So I was thinking about "Hmm, what should I do on Saturday to celebrate Apple's 30th anniversary?" And I remembered that back when I subscribed to Macworld and it was the Macintosh's 20th anniversary, Macworld published a recipe for Apple "Mac" (macaroni) & Cheese. Macaroni and Cheese is personally my favorite dish, and this twist adds cinnamon and a few spices into the mix. So, since I didn't get around to making it in 2004, I've decided that I'll cook this up this weekend!

Unfortunately, you can't find this linked on Macworld's website, but a quick Google search found the recipe, and you'll find a few tips there for when you cook it.

Just thought I'd share, and I'll be sure to post about how it was. [Smile]

--------------------
Phew, I finally registered on here.
Webmacster87.info (my blog)

Posts: 42 | From: SF Bay Area, CA, USA | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged
webmacster87
Geek Apprentice
Member # 5018

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted March 30, 2006 22:34      Profile for webmacster87   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hmm, Mac and Cheese and then some Apple I cake--there's a meal worthy for a geek! [Smile]

--------------------

SpazGirl
Assimilated
Member # 4915

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted March 31, 2006 11:06      Profile for SpazGirl   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Damn, now you've got me wanting mac & cheese.... and the dorm doesn't have a working stove!!!!

--------------------
Things, and things.

Posts: 465 | From: Ypsilanti, MI | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged
webmacster87
Geek Apprentice
Member # 5018

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted March 31, 2006 15:22      Profile for webmacster87   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ouch. You have a relative or nearby friend you could borrow?

You need an oven anyway, btw (actually, the Macworld guy that tried this recommended a broiler!).

--------------------

Rhonwyyn

Solid Gold SuperFan!
Member # 2854

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted March 31, 2006 19:06      Profile for Rhonwyyn   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If you make half the recipe, or just make a whole batch and freeze half of the unbaked part, you could bake it and broil it in your toaster oven. If you don't have a toaster oven... well, you're dating a hippie... you could burn your bras and cook the mac 'n cheese over their flames... [Wink] [Big Grin]

--------------------
Change the way you SEE, not the way you LOOK!

Posts: 3849 | From: Lancaster, PA | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged
SpazGirl
Assimilated
Member # 4915

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted April 01, 2006 11:59      Profile for SpazGirl   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dating one, but am not exactly one myself. There is a distinction there.... [Razz] . Anyways, I went to the dining hall yesterday and they had some, so I'm set.

--------------------
Things, and things.

Posts: 465 | From: Ypsilanti, MI | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged
webmacster87
Geek Apprentice
Member # 5018

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted April 02, 2006 08:02      Profile for webmacster87   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Mac and Cheese was pretty good. The apple gives it an interesting and unique flavor, but it's still quite good.

--------------------

All times are Eastern Time  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

2015 Geek Culture