homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums

my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums   » Love!   » I Love my Computer   » gprs

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: gprs
dildo_bangings
Geek Larva
Member # 4090

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted July 09, 2005 05:40      Profile for dildo_bangings         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i tried a gprs modem for my laptop and i must say it really sucks. 1 mb download takes 4 mins and costs approximately 1 dollar. umts is apparently 3 times faster but not much cheaper. the advantage is that you can go online wherever you want. the cost and speed issues still bother me because with normally i need about 4 gb of data transfer on monthly basis. this will cost 4000 dollars and take weeks to download. ok i got this off my chest. i dont know why i started this topic but still i am going to hit that button.

--------------------
Your attitude is unacceptable please punish yourself.

Tut-an-Geek

SuperFan!
Member # 1234

Icon 1 posted July 09, 2005 06:52      Profile for Tut-an-Geek   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
With Verizon, 1XRTT (144Kbits/sec) is free and billed simply as voice minutes. I use it a lot on nights and weekends (free nights and weekends for voice minutes = free nights and weekends for 1XRTT).

They also have a 1XEV-DO (3Mbit/sec?) which costs $80/mo for unlimited. My dad needs it for his work, and it's really cool. I don't think that they have phones that do it yet though; he has a pcmcia card.

All times are Eastern Time  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

2015 Geek Culture