homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums

my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums   » Love!   » I Love my Computer   » Yeah. It's love.

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Yeah. It's love.
R0x0r_G0dd3ss
Geek-in-Training
Member # 3041

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 16, 2004 19:47      Profile for R0x0r_G0dd3ss     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ever get that warm feeling when you wake up and there's your computer, right on the table next to you, watching you and waiting for you to wake up. It lets you sleep in, doesn't (always) demand attention. It's perfect in every way. Plus, unlike dating, if you get tired of it, upgrade, update, or buy a new one!!! But back to what I was saying...it's love, I tell you. It stares at me, watching me sleep, waiting for me to get up so we can start yet another fun filled glorious day together. It's love, I tell you. Ever get that feeling? Um....*clears throat* yeah, maybe it's just me. Blah.

--------------------
Ph33r my l337 n3kk1d skillz!!!

R0x0r_G0dd3ss
Geek-in-Training
Member # 3041

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 16, 2004 19:48      Profile for R0x0r_G0dd3ss     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Replying to myself...yeah.

There are MANY things that kind of relationship can't handle. I was just reminded of that by my better (less dorky) half standing behind me.

--------------------
Ph33r my l337 n3kk1d skillz!!!

Cap'n Vic

Member # 1477

Icon 1 posted November 16, 2004 21:35      Profile for Cap'n Vic     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
OK....I have held my breath long enough, I gotta say something here.

I'll try to be polite.

R0x0r_G0dd3ss, a couple of things that may help you *erm* fit in.

1. This is not IRC. Don't expect a reply to a post in a few seconds, especially if it is a somewhat 'lame' post.

2. Replying to your own posts makes you seem desperate.

3. |337 is frowned upon here. It is the language of wannabes and script kiddies.

4. Necroposting, or posting to old threads is almost as lame as |337. You're new, so I guess it isn't so bad 'cause all the threads are new to you.

5. Posting inane crap in every single thread in the 'Freshest 15 Posts' ain't cool either. Besides, that is my job.

Other than that, welcome to the forums. Stick around, have some fun.

--------------------
(!) (T) = 8-D

Posts: 5471 | From: One of the drones from sector 7G | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged
TMBWITW,PB

Member # 1734

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 16, 2004 22:07      Profile for TMBWITW,PB     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
And R0x0r_G0dd3ss, don't let him get you down. That really was incredibly polite and restrained. [Wink] A couple more days and you'll figure out all the unwritten rules of conduct. Enjoy, stick around, have some coffee. But make a new pot when you finish the old one. [Razz]

--------------------
"Beauty is in the eye of the beholder and it may be necessary from time to time to give a stupid or misinformed beholder a black eye."
óMiss Piggy

Posts: 4010 | From: my couch | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
littlefish
BlabberMouth, a Blabber Odyssey
Member # 966

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 17, 2004 11:39      Profile for littlefish   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
There are MANY things that kind of relationship can't handle. I was just reminded of that by my better (less dorky) half standing behind me.

You keep your computer behind you?
Posts: 2421 | From: That London | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged
Colonel Panic
BlabberMouth, the Next Generation
Member # 1200

Icon 1 posted November 17, 2004 22:03      Profile for Colonel Panic         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Cap'n Vic:
4. Necroposting, or posting to old threads is almost as lame as |337.

Cap'n Vic,

I'll have you know ...

Some of my best freinds

are necros.

There, I said it. And I'm proud.

Colonel Panic

--------------------
Free! Free at last!

Posts: 1809 | From: Glacier Melt, USA | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
spungo
BlabberMouth, a Blabber Odyssey
Member # 1089

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 18, 2004 03:46      Profile for spungo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Colonel Panic:
quote:
Originally posted by Cap'n Vic:
4. Necroposting, or posting to old threads is almost as lame as |337.

Cap'n Vic,

I'll have you know ...

Some of my best freinds

are necros.

There, I said it. And I'm proud.

Colonel Panic

Did you hear about the Frenchman who was arrested for necrophilia? As the gendarmes dragged him away he shouted: "I didn't know she was dead - I thought she was English!"

--------------------
Shameless plug. (Please forgive me.)

Posts: 6529 | From: Noba Scoba | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged
Cap'n Vic

Member # 1477

Icon 1 posted November 18, 2004 09:00      Profile for Cap'n Vic     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by spungo:
Did you hear about the Frenchman who was arrested for necrophilia? As the gendarmes dragged him away he shouted: "I didn't know she was dead - I thought she was English!"

Hehehee

--------------------
(!) (T) = 8-D

Posts: 5471 | From: One of the drones from sector 7G | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged

All times are Eastern Time  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

© 2015 Geek Culture