homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums

my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums   » Love!   » I Love my Computer   » Alright now form an orderly cue... (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Author Topic: Alright now form an orderly cue...
Callipygous
BlabberMouth, a Blabber Odyssey
Member # 2071

Member Rated:
Icon 5 posted August 31, 2004 15:06      Profile for Callipygous     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Who wants one?

Yummmmm............ and the price is right. [Smile] [Smile] [Smile]

--------------------
"Knowledge is Power. France is Bacon" - Milton

Posts: 2922 | From: Brighton - UK | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged
Callipygous
Member # 2071

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted August 31, 2004 15:08      Profile for Callipygous     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
PS Sorry grammar nazis, I meant queue of course, not cue.

--------------------

Cap'n Vic

Member # 1477

Icon 1 posted August 31, 2004 15:11      Profile for Cap'n Vic     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
WTF? [Eek!] I invented that GC thread in a awhile back [Mad]

--------------------
(!) (T) = 8-D

Posts: 5471 | From: One of the drones from sector 7G | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged
Cap'n Vic

Member # 1477

Icon 1 posted August 31, 2004 15:27      Profile for Cap'n Vic     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Callipygous:
PS Sorry grammar nazis, I meant queue of course, not cue.

Actually, you are wrong in both cases....it is called a line [Big Grin]

--------------------
(!) (T) = 8-D

Posts: 5471 | From: One of the drones from sector 7G | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged
Stereo

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan!
Member # 748

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted August 31, 2004 17:20      Profile for Stereo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Not me. I prefer the lamp factor for one major reason: height adjustable. See, my actual iMac sits too low (at least 10 cm), and I worry the new one would end up the same. And with a monitor tilted upward, there are more chances to reflect ceiling lamps.

I'll probably get one anyway next year, unless I go for an iBook instead.

On a strict design side, the new iMac is nice thought. As someone said on another forum, use a Bluetooth keybord and mouse, and it looks great on any desk.

--------------------
Eppur, si muove!

Galileo Galilei

Posts: 2289 | From: Gatineau, Quebec, Canada | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged
The Famous Druid

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 1769

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted August 31, 2004 17:34      Profile for The Famous Druid     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Very nice unit, and the idea of a wireless keyboard and mouse (and network of course) is ++cool.

I notice that they don't show a power lead in the photos, wouldn't it be nice if you could drill a little hole in the desk and have power arrive invisibly?

--------------------
If you watch 'The History Of NASA' backwards, it's about a space agency that has no manned spaceflight capability, then does low-orbit flights, then lands on the Moon.

Posts: 10680 | From: Melbourne, Australia | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
zesovietrussian
SuperBlabberMouth!
Member # 1177

Icon 1 posted August 31, 2004 17:36      Profile for zesovietrussian     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It would be nice if there was an option to upgrade to a better video card, FX5200 is a bit too slow. But then again, looks like they're using low-profile AGP cards in there, so Radeon 9800 is out of question [Frown]
Posts: 1094 | From: Boston | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
GMx

Member # 1523

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted August 31, 2004 19:03      Profile for GMx     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by The Famous Druid:
I notice that they don't show a power lead in the photos, wouldn't it be nice if you could drill a little hole in the desk and have power arrive invisibly?

It's in the back.
Posts: 5848 | From: S-4, Area 51 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged
drunkennewfiemidget
Member # 2814

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted August 31, 2004 19:09      Profile for drunkennewfiemidget     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
OK, I'm not even a MAC guy. Never owned one in my life.

And I want one of these.

Posts: 4897 | From: Cambridge, ON, Canada | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged
The Famous Druid

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 1769

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted August 31, 2004 19:48      Profile for The Famous Druid     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by GMx:
quote:
Originally posted by The Famous Druid:

It's in the back.
Ah yes, I figured it had to be, but hadn't checked out all the photos.

So, a little drilled hole in the desk, and you could have a near-invisible power lead. Very neat.

Or, you could buy the optional bracket and wall-mount it. I wonder how well that works, would it interfere with the ventilation at the back?

Sadly, my trusty desk-lamp iMac still has several good years left in it (touch-wood), so I won't be buying the new-un any time soon.

No matter how much I want one.

I will not buy a new iMac.
I will not buy...

--------------------
If you watch 'The History Of NASA' backwards, it's about a space agency that has no manned spaceflight capability, then does low-orbit flights, then lands on the Moon.

MacManKrisK

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 955

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted August 31, 2004 22:18      Profile for MacManKrisK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I wonder how much (or rather: how little) power that sucker takes.

Dude... I could take the base off of that and mount it in the dash in my van!! [Eek!]

Oh... Iwantit Iwantit Iwantit Iwantit!!!

--------------------
"Buy low, sell high
get rich and you still die"

Posts: 2331 | From: Southwest Michigan, USA | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Cap'n Vic

Member # 1477

Icon 1 posted August 31, 2004 22:37      Profile for Cap'n Vic     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by drunkennewfiemidget:

So that is your problem [Wink]

--------------------
(!) (T) = 8-D

csk

Member # 1941

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted August 31, 2004 23:32      Profile for csk     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Cap'n Vic:
quote:

So that is your problem [Wink]
I've never owned a Mac, either. Don't make me paste this link again [Wink]

--------------------
6 weeks to go!

Posts: 4455 | From: Sydney, Australia | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
The Famous Druid

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 1769

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted August 31, 2004 23:58      Profile for The Famous Druid     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by csk:
I've never owned a Mac, either. Don't make me paste this link again [Wink]

<black-beret-and-goatee>
Are you calling me an elitist arsehole?

I'd be insulted, if I cared what lowly non mac owners think. [Wink]

/me wanders off to spend time with someone who matters.....
</black-beret-and-goatee>

--------------------

GMx

Member # 1523

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted September 01, 2004 01:20      Profile for GMx     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I find Penny Arcade's art to be generic (like PCs) and most of the time it just isn't funny. But then again, I'm an elitist asshole. [Razz] Elitism <--> Having good taste [Geek] [Big Grin]

Here's my view of PC users.

Posts: 5848 | From: S-4, Area 51 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged
Callipygous
Member # 2071

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted September 01, 2004 01:46      Profile for Callipygous     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
csk you should just face it - as a member of the GC community you are one of the elite, so choose the computer that matches your status. [Wink]

--------------------

csk

Member # 1941

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted September 01, 2004 02:05      Profile for csk     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Callipygous:
csk you should just face it - as a member of the GC community you are one of the elite, so choose the computer that matches your status. [Wink]

But ... but .. I like playing games [cry baby] [Wink]

--------------------
6 weeks to go!

Posts: 4455 | From: Sydney, Australia | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
drunkennewfiemidget
Member # 2814

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted September 01, 2004 04:08      Profile for drunkennewfiemidget     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
I find Penny Arcade's art to be generic (like PCs) and most of the time it just isn't funny. But then again, I'm an elitist asshole. [Razz] Elitism <--> Having good taste [Geek] [Big Grin]

Penny Arcade is rarely funny, but sometimes, there are some absolutely hilarious ones.

Dilbert and ctrlaltdel-online.com are almost always funny.

userfriendly.org used to be funny, but as each day goes by, it's less and less funny.

And reallife comics is usually pretty funny too.

Stereo

Member # 748

Member Rated:
Icon 6 posted September 01, 2004 04:14      Profile for Stereo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I use Macs, and I like Saabs. Does that makes me an über elitist asshole? [Big Grin]

--------------------
Eppur, si muove!

Galileo Galilei

Posts: 2289 | From: Gatineau, Quebec, Canada | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged
drunkennewfiemidget
Member # 2814

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted September 01, 2004 04:24      Profile for drunkennewfiemidget     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes. [Big Grin]
Stereo

Member # 748

Member Rated:
Icon 12 posted September 01, 2004 06:06      Profile for Stereo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
<über_elitist_asshole="on"> Come on, you could show more style than that and answer Ja! or ¡Si! (or Si! if in Italian) or Hai! or Da! or more appropriately: Oui! [Big Grin] <über_elitist_asshole="off">

--------------------
Eppur, si muove!

Galileo Galilei

dragonman97

SuperFan!
Member # 780

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted September 01, 2004 07:12      Profile for dragonman97   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
quote:

Penny Arcade is rarely funny, but sometimes, there are some absolutely hilarious ones.

Dilbert and ctrlaltdel-online.com are almost always funny.

userfriendly.org used to be funny, but as each day goes by, it's less and less funny.

And reallife comics is usually pretty funny too.

Hey, thanks for reminding me about C-A-D -- it's been awhile since I've read that much...a friend of mine (gamer, but not to the luser extreme) pointed me to it. Good stuff [Smile] .

--------------------
There are three things you can be sure of in life: Death, taxes, and reading about fake illnesses online...

Posts: 9332 | From: Westchester County, New York | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
The Famous Druid

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 1769

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted September 01, 2004 14:55      Profile for The Famous Druid     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Stereo:
<über_elitist_asshole="on"> Come on, you could show more style than that and answer Ja! or ¡Si! (or Si! if in Italian) or Hai! or Da! or more appropriately: Oui! [Big Grin] <über_elitist_asshole="off">

Don't be silly, DNM is an anglophone, why would one of the elite stoop to using a lesser language ? [evil]

--------------------

drunkennewfiemidget
Member # 2814

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted September 01, 2004 15:00      Profile for drunkennewfiemidget     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm Canadian. je peux parler en francais s'il me fait 'elite' de regard.

[Big Grin]

(Translation: I can speak french if it makes me seem elite.)

The Famous Druid

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 1769

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted September 01, 2004 15:06      Profile for The Famous Druid     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
I'm Canadian. je peux parler en francais s'il me fait 'elite' de regard.

[Big Grin]

(Translation: I can speak french if it makes me seem elite.)

Ah, but the true elite know that Quidquid Latine dictum sit altum viditur.

--------------------

All times are Eastern Time
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

© 2015 Geek Culture