homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums

my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums   » Other Geeky Stuff   » Let's Get Creative!   » Share some photos

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Share some photos
Mr. Geek 2U
Alpha Geek
Member # 28663

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted February 12, 2010 10:08      Profile for Mr. Geek 2U     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
After all this cancer stuff went down I redoubled my resolve to enjoy life more.

And I forgot I enjoyed photography! Oh Boy!

When I was recovering from surgery I decided to read the manual of my Nikon D-90. I'm not very good yet, but I'm making progress.

What do you think?

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

Mr. Geek 2U

--------------------
My friends call me Skippy

Posts: 260 | From: Kalamazoo | Registered: Aug 2009  |  IP: Logged
Ugh, MightyClub
BlabberMouth, the Next Generation
Member # 3112

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted February 12, 2010 10:38      Profile for Ugh, MightyClub     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Skippy, those are really nice. I especially like the coloring on the first one, very nice blue. I also give high marks to numbers 4, 5, and 6.

Aw, heck, they all get an A+!

--------------------
Ugh!

Posts: 1742 | From: Ithaca, NY | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged
SpazGirl
Assimilated
Member # 4915

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted February 12, 2010 14:55      Profile for SpazGirl   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Those first few are HOME!!!!

Sorry, I get really excited when people just randomly have pictures of where I grew up, I miss it. They are very nice photos, I love the fifth one, I've seen a few sunsets over the lake like that, and they're awesome every time.

--------------------
Things, and things.

Posts: 465 | From: Ypsilanti, MI | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged
fs

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan!
Member # 1181

Icon 1 posted February 13, 2010 05:14      Profile for fs   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Beautiful photos. I think my favorite is the first, though I quite like the jagged ice also.

--------------------
I'm in ur database, makin' moar recordz.

Posts: 1973 | From: The Cat Ship | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
Snaggy

Sir Snaggalot!
Member # 123

Member Rated:
Icon 14 posted February 13, 2010 10:52      Profile for Snaggy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Nice jagged ice! [Applause]

I used to love it when the ice on Georgian Bay would make little round shapes when being jostled around by gentle waves.

Posts: 8111 | From: Canada | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
Metasquares
Highlie
Member # 4441

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted February 13, 2010 12:27      Profile for Metasquares   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm also a fan of the jagged ice [Smile]
Posts: 664 | From: Morganville, NJ | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged
dragonman97

SuperFan!
Member # 780

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted February 14, 2010 00:30      Profile for dragonman97   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The jagged ice is stunning, but I also quite like picture #2. There's just a nifty quality about the line, muted reflection, repeated pattern, and overall simplicity.

Very well done. [Big Grin]

--------------------
There are three things you can be sure of in life: Death, taxes, and reading about fake illnesses online...

Posts: 9332 | From: Westchester County, New York | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Grummash

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 4289

Icon 1 posted February 14, 2010 07:34      Profile for Grummash     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Mr Geek 2U

Excellent photographs - my fave is the lighthouse.

The thread title "Share some photos" sounds to me like an instruction, so here is one of mine... The neighbours' vegetation has spread over the back wall into our yard. Unfortunately this is the shady side so the flowers don't often open.

-

But when they do open, they look like this...

-

--------------------
...and yet, across the gulf of space, minds immeasurably superior to ours regarded this earth with envious eyes...

Posts: 2335 | From: Lancashire,UK | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged
Mr. Geek 2U
Alpha Geek
Member # 28663

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted February 14, 2010 16:49      Profile for Mr. Geek 2U     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thank You Everybody for your Kind Words!

I'm finding out the Shattered ice picture is very popular. And here I thought it wasn't sparkly enough. Thank you!

Mr. Grummash, what a wonderful surprise. Yes! Everybody share, indeed. Live plants in the dead of winter. Sigh. And very pretty, too. Thank you!

I will share one more. I have been working on this in Aperture 3!

I'm finding details in my shots with this software that I thought I lost.

I call this "Red House Over Yonder". (Uh, it's where my baby stays). [Wink]

It is a 3-second timed exposure I made about half hour after the Shattered Shot. A very cold day indeed. My butt got all cold and wet sitting on the ice all afternoon!

-

Have a Great Day!

--------------------
My friends call me Skippy

Posts: 260 | From: Kalamazoo | Registered: Aug 2009  |  IP: Logged
fs

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan!
Member # 1181

Icon 1 posted April 25, 2010 04:50      Profile for fs   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Grummash: I especially like the first one, with the water droplets.

G2U: I love the mist in that last one.

--------------------
I'm in ur database, makin' moar recordz.

Posts: 1973 | From: The Cat Ship | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
Ugh, MightyClub
BlabberMouth, the Next Generation
Member # 3112

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted April 27, 2010 10:23      Profile for Ugh, MightyClub     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Skippy, that last shot is beautiful!

Not to say your contributions were rubbish, Grummy. My favorite of the two is the one with the water droplets, but the flower itself is very pretty. Exotic to my untraveled eyes.

--------------------
Ugh!

Posts: 1742 | From: Ithaca, NY | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged
MTB Babe
SuperBlabberMouth!
Member # 2297

Member Rated:
Icon 11 posted May 01, 2010 11:42      Profile for MTB Babe   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
WOW! These photos are all Amazing!
Thanks for sharing them!!!

--------------------
Samir: No one in this country can ever pronounce my name right. It's not that hard: Na-ee-ana-jaad. Nayanajaad.
Michael Bolton: Yeah, well at least your name isn't Michael Bolton.

Posts: 1003 | From: State College, PA, USA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged
The Famous Druid

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 1769

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted May 01, 2010 23:39      Profile for The Famous Druid     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by MTB Babe:
WOW! These photos are all Amazing!
Thanks for sharing them!!!

Speaking of sharing photos... [evil]

--------------------
If you watch 'The History Of NASA' backwards, it's about a space agency that has no manned spaceflight capability, then does low-orbit flights, then lands on the Moon.

Posts: 10680 | From: Melbourne, Australia | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged

All times are Eastern Time  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

2015 Geek Culture