homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums

my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums   » Other Geeky Stuff   » Let's Get Creative!   » Urban Invasion: A Reality Game

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Urban Invasion: A Reality Game
fs

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan!
Member # 1181

Icon 1 posted April 25, 2009 01:35      Profile for fs   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What's the Space Invaders project about?
The idea is to "invade" cities all over the world with characters inspired by first-generation arcade games, and especially the now classic Space Invaders. I make them out of tiles, meaning I can cement them to walls and keep the ultra-pixelated appearance.

New York:
 -

Paris:
 -

And a bunch more cities.

Someone put one up here, but since UmeŚ isn't on the list, it's not an authentic Invader.

--------------------
I'm in ur database, makin' moar recordz.

Posts: 1973 | From: The Cat Ship | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
MacManKrisK

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 955

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted April 25, 2009 08:59      Profile for MacManKrisK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The first thing I thought was: Please, please don't let this go to Boston.. we don't need to go through *that* again!

--------------------
"Buy low, sell high
get rich and you still die"

Posts: 2331 | From: Southwest Michigan, USA | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
dragonman97

SuperFan!
Member # 780

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted April 25, 2009 13:49      Profile for dragonman97   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey...I know that top one - it's my favorite bridge. [Frown]
I'm already not pleased about the amount of graffiti on the signs. :/

Heading out for coffee and a walk in this incredible weather...maybe I'll check the link later...

--------------------
There are three things you can be sure of in life: Death, taxes, and reading about fake illnesses online...

Posts: 9332 | From: Westchester County, New York | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Infinitesimal
Geek
Member # 4865

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted April 25, 2009 16:09      Profile for Infinitesimal     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Muhahaha,
I know where the one in Melbourne is, I wonder if it is still there and visible from ground level.

I must go look ...

Posts: 153 | From: Melbourne, Australia | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged
fs

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan!
Member # 1181

Icon 1 posted April 26, 2009 13:43      Profile for fs   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Post a picture, inf! Maybe I'll take a picture of the UmeŚ one next time I'm downtown, even though it's a copycat.

--------------------
I'm in ur database, makin' moar recordz.

Posts: 1973 | From: The Cat Ship | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
Infinitesimal
Geek
Member # 4865

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted April 26, 2009 18:55      Profile for Infinitesimal     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I will do if I can, though it does look like I would need to be on top of the building in question, but I can hope for a view of it.

Judging by the bit of building that I recognize it's on the corner of Flinders st and Russel st, though it also may be Exhibition st. *hint to any one else near or in Melbourne [Razz]

--------------------
That which doesn't kill you can only make you stronger. Therefore I am damn near indestructable.

Posts: 153 | From: Melbourne, Australia | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged
The Famous Druid

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 1769

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted April 26, 2009 19:14      Profile for The Famous Druid     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Infinitesimal:
Judging by the bit of building that I recognize it's on the corner of Flinders st and Russel st, though it also may be Exhibition st. *hint to any one else near or in Melbourne [Razz]

Yup, Hosier Lane, in the block bounded by Russel St, Flinders St, Swanston St, and Flinders Lane.

I'll try to remember to take my camera next time I'm going that way.

--------------------
If you watch 'The History Of NASA' backwards, it's about a space agency that has no manned spaceflight capability, then does low-orbit flights, then lands on the Moon.

Posts: 10670 | From: Melbourne, Australia | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged

All times are Eastern Time  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

© 2015 Geek Culture