homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums

my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums   » Other Geeky Stuff   » Let's Get Creative!   » 3D Cakes

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: 3D Cakes
maximile

SuperFan!
Member # 3446

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted April 28, 2008 20:03      Profile for maximile   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
In the real world I'll leave the baking to clever people like Maswan and bbk, but on the computer I can at least come up with something that looks as if it tastes nice.

On the final year of my animation course we have to make an animated short (about 2-3 mins). I'm working on one called The Muse, but I'm also doing some modelling for this one set in a pātisserie. I've been working on these for a little while, and I'm quite pleased with them, so I thought I'd show them off (it gets frustrating working on an animation, because you rarely get to see the fruits of your labour until much later).

-

Posts: 1085 | From: London, UK (Powys, UK in hols) | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged
Rhonwyyn

Solid Gold SuperFan!
Member # 2854

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted April 28, 2008 20:15      Profile for Rhonwyyn   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
They look yummy!!

I baked gingerbread tonight, and it's delicious (new recipe). Unfortunately, light cream doesn't whip up like heavy cream, so I added some dry whipped topping mix to the cream. Now it doesn't taste as good. I'll have to remember the whole use-heavy-cream-for-whipping the next time I get a hankering for gingerbread.

--------------------
Change the way you SEE, not the way you LOOK!

Posts: 3849 | From: Lancaster, PA | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged
geekygoddess
Highlie
Member # 15702

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted April 28, 2008 20:24      Profile for geekygoddess     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wow, that is awesome maximile. It's making me hungry [Big Grin]

--------------------
"It is better to press ones shirt, than ones luck"- Confucius

Posts: 661 | From: Edinburgh, United Kingdom | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged
fs

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan!
Member # 1181

Icon 1 posted April 29, 2008 00:33      Profile for fs   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
They look delicious, Max. Coming from someone that lives with cake.

--------------------
I'm in ur database, makin' moar recordz.

Posts: 1973 | From: The Cat Ship | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
Ashitaka

SuperFan!
Member # 4924

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted April 29, 2008 04:20      Profile for Ashitaka     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
the edges of the cheesecake(middle left) look to0 sharp. After cheese cake comes out of the form it tends to slouch a bit.

Just FYI

otherwise they look good.

--------------------
"If they're not gonna make a distinction between Muslims and violent extremists, then why should I take the time to distinguish between decent, fearful white people and racists?"

-Assif Mandvi

Posts: 3089 | From: Switzerland | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged
Snaggy

Sir Snaggalot!
Member # 123

Member Rated:
Icon 14 posted April 29, 2008 09:29      Profile for Snaggy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
CAKE!

awesome [Applause]

Posts: 8100 | From: Canada | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
Grummash

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 4289

Icon 1 posted April 29, 2008 23:02      Profile for Grummash     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Excellent - nice perspective, and the fairy cakes are all very slightly uneven, just like homemade cakes. And the reflections and shadows are done well, too. [Applause] [Applause]

--------------------
...and yet, across the gulf of space, minds immeasurably superior to ours regarded this earth with envious eyes...

Posts: 2335 | From: Lancashire,UK | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged
Swiss Mercenary

Member # 330

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted April 30, 2008 06:53      Profile for Swiss Mercenary     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Snaggy:
CAKE!

awesome [Applause]

The cake is a lie [Wink]

Looks very good work.

--------------------
Evil AI at work.
I am Swiss of Borg. Holes are irrelevant, cheese will be assimilated!

Posts: 2275 | From: All the way from the land of Chocolate, Cheese and Cuckoo Clocks. | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged
maximile

SuperFan!
Member # 3446

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted April 30, 2008 13:19      Profile for maximile   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks for the comments everyone.

Ash: Thanks, I hadn't thought of that. I will add that.

Grummy: Many thanks, though I can't take too much credit for the perspective or the reflections - the renderer takes care of lots of that for you.

Swiss Mercenary: The cake may be a lie, but it is also delicious and moist. Despite being made of ingredients including fish-shaped dirt and fish-shaped ethyl benzene.

Posts: 1085 | From: London, UK (Powys, UK in hols) | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged

All times are Eastern Time  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

© 2015 Geek Culture