homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums

my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums   » Other Geeky Stuff   » Let's Get Creative!   » Certified for Windows Vista

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Certified for Windows Vista
supergoo

SuperFan!
Member # 2280

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 03, 2007 15:43      Profile for supergoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I really want to get a ton of "Certified for Windows Vista" stickers and put them on various objects--perhaps things like lamps, shoes, chairs, etc. I got the idea when my friend took the Vista sticker off his laptop and put it on his refrigerator--it's always amusing to see that his fridge is Vista compatible.
It would also be fun to "decorate" public places with a few choice stickers (nothing too tacky/illegal though).

The question is, where can I get large quantities of Windows Vista stickers?

Just curious,
goo

--------------------
Y los sueños, sueños son.

Posts: 675 | From: Boston 'burbs | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged
GrumpySteen

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan
Member # 170

Icon 1 posted November 03, 2007 16:44      Profile for GrumpySteen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just print'em.

They make sticky film on a paper backing that you can put through an ink jet printer to make window decals and I'm sure the right sized photo punch could be found at a scrapbooking store.

--------------------
Worst. Celibate. Ever.

Posts: 6364 | From: Tennessee | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
dragonman97

SuperFan!
Member # 780

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 03, 2007 17:53      Profile for dragonman97   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hmm...just for you goo, I'm almost tempted to peel them off a batch of computers. It would make the computers better, and give you what you (kind of, in a strange way) need...but it would also be kind of wrong. Therefore, I shall sanction Steen's suggestion!

And for anyone who is troubled by the idea of me being around a lot of Vista machines, rest assured that they've been reloaded with XP! Okay, that's still not /that/ reassuring, but it is a lot less painful. [Big Grin]

--------------------
There are three things you can be sure of in life: Death, taxes, and reading about fake illnesses online...

Posts: 9331 | From: Westchester County, New York | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Rhonwyyn

Solid Gold SuperFan!
Member # 2854

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 03, 2007 19:05      Profile for Rhonwyyn   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You can get a Xyron machine. Crafters use it to make stickers out of pretty much anything that can be run through it.

--------------------
Change the way you SEE, not the way you LOOK!

Posts: 3849 | From: Lancaster, PA | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged
ewomack
Highlie
Member # 3225

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 11, 2007 21:18      Profile for ewomack   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Whoa now... don't go encouraging people to use stuff with Vista... careful there... slow down... somebody quarantine those stickers!!!!

--------------------
Ed Womack
Get Milked

nc
Single Celled Newbie
Member # 12363

Icon 1 posted November 12, 2007 19:38      Profile for nc     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
saw a hammer once with a 'designed for windows XP' sticker - thought that was pretty neat
password
Geek
Member # 12442

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 18, 2007 19:35      Profile for password   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
at my school they make all of us use windown vista (so sad i know) but one kid got a special sticker made that says: this computer running an OFFICIAL bootleg copy of vista. (this is because all of the computers in the school are running of a single home vista liscense)

--------------------
no my password is not username

spungo
BlabberMouth, a Blabber Odyssey
Member # 1089

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 19, 2007 07:35      Profile for spungo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Gotta love Vista -- I tried to install three separate compiler suites last night -- one of them worked. My Object Ada package eventually spluttered an error: "This program does not run on Windows 3.1".

--------------------
Shameless plug. (Please forgive me.)

Posts: 6529 | From: Noba Scoba | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged
Lady_Christy
Geek
Member # 7103

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 19, 2007 07:50      Profile for Lady_Christy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
After my "Windows Vista Compatible" sticker fell of my cat (naturally the first place to stick it), we taped it to a houseplant...and then, well, chaos ensued. It's been a pretty common game with the roomies, and everyday, we find something new in our shitty apartment that's 'Vista compatible'...yesterday it was the toilet, a week ago, the toaster, and today, I spied it on the egg beater. Oh, such fun! [Smile]

--------------------
"There are 10 kinds of people, those who understand binary and those who don't." :)

Posts: 207 | From: The Northwoods | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged
GrumpySteen

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan
Member # 170

Icon 1 posted November 19, 2007 11:32      Profile for GrumpySteen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
On the garbage can seems like a good place for it. It'd be the first place I installed a copy of Vista if I had one [Smile]

--------------------
Worst. Celibate. Ever.

Posts: 6364 | From: Tennessee | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
Lady_Christy
Geek
Member # 7103

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 19, 2007 11:34      Profile for Lady_Christy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Been there, done that...as well as the compost container... [Razz]

--------------------
"There are 10 kinds of people, those who understand binary and those who don't." :)

Posts: 207 | From: The Northwoods | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged

All times are Eastern Time  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

© 2015 Geek Culture