homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums

my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums   » Other Geeky Stuff   » Let's Get Creative!   » Geek Poetry in Motion

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Geek Poetry in Motion
chicgeek
Geek
Member # 1556

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 12, 2006 17:46      Profile for chicgeek     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ode
When you are near,
tears come to my eyes.
My head becomes light
and the room starts to fade.
When you walk by
you take my breath away ...
I really wish
you wouldn't wear so much perfume.

Sitting in Awesomely Bad Traffic
I hear the sweet siren song of my cubicle.
It calls to me. It knows my name.
It knows I need to be there by 8:30.
Sitting, waiting, creeping along
like an overly tired toddler,
traffic has been lulled to a deep sleep
by the lullaby of the closed freeway.
All lanes have been blocked off.
The vehicles groan in the agony
of the unfulfilled promise of their journey's end.
Sitting, waiting, creeping along,
I put the gear in park and wonder,
"Will I ever make it to my cubicle?"

Posts: 235 | From: Atlanta, GA, USA | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged
stevenback7
SuperBlabberMouth!
Member # 5114

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 12, 2006 17:50      Profile for stevenback7   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I like the second poem.

Awesome [Applause] [Applause] [Applause]

--------------------
Comic Book Guy: There is no emoticon for what i'm feeling.

Posts: 1199 | From: Canada eh? | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged
quantumfluff
BlabberMouth, a Blabber Odyssey
Member # 450

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 12, 2006 18:31      Profile for quantumfluff     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Being from Atlanta, you should have a deep appreciation for traffic. Not quite NYC traffic, but impressive in terms of traffic / person.
Posts: 2902 | From: 5 to 15 meters above sea level | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged
chicgeek
Geek
Member # 1556

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 13, 2006 07:07      Profile for chicgeek     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Uh, yeah. This poem was written a year ago when a tanker turned over on the perimeter and I was stuck in traffic for 4 hours.

Since then, I mostly learned to deal with it. I've been learning Japanese on my long journey to and from work. [Cool] [Big Grin]

Posts: 235 | From: Atlanta, GA, USA | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged
dragonman97

SuperFan!
Member # 780

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 13, 2006 07:38      Profile for dragonman97   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by quantumfluff:
Being from Atlanta, you should have a deep appreciation for traffic. Not quite NYC traffic, but impressive in terms of traffic / person.

Ugh...why did you have to remind me how I spent a good part of my Saturday night? [Razz]

In the time it took me to go about 4 long blocks and 10 short blocks...and park... my friend managed to miss a bus, catch another, and walk a few blocks - from Queens to Manhattan. [Wink]

--------------------
There are three things you can be sure of in life: Death, taxes, and reading about fake illnesses online...

Posts: 9332 | From: Westchester County, New York | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Callipygous
BlabberMouth, a Blabber Odyssey
Member # 2071

Member Rated:
Icon 14 posted November 13, 2006 14:05      Profile for Callipygous     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Deep stuff. You are breaking new ground here chicgeek. This is the first poem I have ever read about the pain of separation from one's cubicle. We all need a cubicle in life. [Wink]

Very witty actually, both of them made me smile!

--------------------
"Knowledge is Power. France is Bacon" - Milton

Posts: 2922 | From: Brighton - UK | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged

All times are Eastern Time  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

2015 Geek Culture