homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums

my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums   » Other Geeky Stuff   » Let's Get Creative!   » Graphic manipulation

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Graphic manipulation
Haiduc
Maximum Newbie
Member # 5345

Member Rated:
Icon 5 posted July 09, 2006 00:35      Profile for Haiduc   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
A word of warning: There is NO nudity, but some of these may gross a few of you out, so viewer descrition is advised. I've been trying my hand at actual graphic manipulation over only the past week or so. Mainly, I've been editing photos of myself, and so, I'm curious to see what sort of feedback I'll get for these. [Big Grin] I only have access to programs like MS Paint and The Gimp.

-
 -

-

-

--------------------
ZOMGITSHAIDUC!XD

Posts: 18 | From: Arkansas, USA | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged
Ashitaka

SuperFan!
Member # 4924

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted July 09, 2006 03:42      Profile for Ashitaka     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Why would a picture of an eye "gross" somebody out? Now if there was something stuck into it that would be different.

Did you modify the first pic to make your ear look pointy or is it naturaly pointed?

--------------------
"If they're not gonna make a distinction between Muslims and violent extremists, then why should I take the time to distinguish between decent, fearful white people and racists?"

-Assif Mandvi

Posts: 3089 | From: Switzerland | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged
maximile

SuperFan!
Member # 3446

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted July 09, 2006 03:52      Profile for maximile   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wow... that eye effect is really subtle. At first it just looks weird, and I had to look at it for a bit to realise what was going on. I like it!
Posts: 1085 | From: London, UK (Powys, UK in hols) | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged
GrumpySteen

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan
Member # 170

Icon 1 posted July 09, 2006 05:17      Profile for GrumpySteen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I like the little curved scar bit that you did to the side of your nose. It would be interesting to see an entire face done up that way.

--------------------
Worst. Celibate. Ever.

Posts: 6364 | From: Tennessee | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
Fank
Single Celled Newbie
Member # 5356

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted July 09, 2006 18:12      Profile for Fank     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wow, those look awesome.
You got some talent girl! I like the last one best, nice touch on the eye..

Haiduc
Maximum Newbie
Member # 5345

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted July 10, 2006 05:37      Profile for Haiduc   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey, some people get grossed out over the smallest things, so I just wanted to warn others, that's all. *shrugs*

Mucho thanks for the feedback! I had fun making these, and perhaps I'll post some others soon.

And no, my ear isn't really THAT pointed. It sticks out a bit and such, but sadly, I don't have elf ears. [Razz]

--------------------
ZOMGITSHAIDUC!XD

uilleann
Discontinued

Icon 1 posted July 10, 2006 06:13            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ashitaka: It would be illogical that her ears would really be that shape...
IP: Logged
Haiduc
Maximum Newbie
Member # 5345

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted July 10, 2006 06:21      Profile for Haiduc   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
uilleann, I could've had plastic surgery, y'know! [Wink]

--------------------
ZOMGITSHAIDUC!XD

maximile

SuperFan!
Member # 3446

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted July 10, 2006 06:41      Profile for maximile   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I get it!
Posts: 1085 | From: London, UK (Powys, UK in hols) | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged
Haiduc
Maximum Newbie
Member # 5345

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted July 10, 2006 08:07      Profile for Haiduc   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Goody. [thumbsup]

--------------------
ZOMGITSHAIDUC!XD

Chrisessa
Single Celled Newbie
Member # 5384

Member Rated:
Icon 11 posted July 12, 2006 19:25      Profile for Chrisessa   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I love the patterns in the eye. Nice job! [Applause]

--------------------
eep!

Posts: 4 | From: Columbus, OH | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged
maybe.logic
Alpha Geek
Member # 5014

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted July 13, 2006 01:10      Profile for maybe.logic     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It was freaking me out this morning when I was looking at the eye, and thinking too myself surely your eye does'nt look like that, I had too go and look in my mirror to calm myself down...

Clever artwork, I wish I could produce such material but allas, my creative side is pants *sigh*

Haiduc
Maximum Newbie
Member # 5345

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted July 13, 2006 22:22      Profile for Haiduc   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm more of a web designer than a graphic manipulator, so I suppose this is pretty dang good for a beginner. ^^;

--------------------
ZOMGITSHAIDUC!XD

All times are Eastern Time  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

2015 Geek Culture